Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

ANYONE IN CHILLIWACK?

ANYONE IN CHILLIWACK?

Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:57 am
Just Joined

THE FRANCIS CLAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ANYONE IN CHILLIWACK?

Well we arrived on the 10th November and life is slowly settling for us.Work is fine,hopefully hubby is going to get work in the hospital and then we just need to find something to do with our 4 year old(our oldest is starting school on monday).I was looking at the meet ups and wondering if anyone knows if the meet ups at decades coffee shop in Chilliwack still happens-could see any for this year! The old man also would like to know if there's anywhere decent to go for a beer!
Loved the snow,blooming hate the slush - we're carless at the mo and sick to death of mountain climbing over the mounds of frozen slush on the pavements!
Apart from that,people have been so friendly and generous and we've done more things together in the last 7 weeks than we managed to in ages - hockey,curling,swimming,tobogganing etc.We feel a bit homesick at the moment,but remember that we felt like this when we moved from the UK to the Channel Islands and knew no one,so we know it'll pass,we'd just forgotten the feeling!
Well that's my 2 min ramble,better go and do some work!
Hannah

Last edited by THE FRANCIS CLAN; Dec 31st 2008 at 2:58 am. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 31st 2008, 3:34 am
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ANYONE IN CHILLIWACK?

Not in Chilliwack, just thought I'd say hi, and hope life is good for you here.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 6:29 am
imperfection is beauty

debzielou is an unknown quantity at this point

hello, my partner and I just moved to Chilliwack 4 weeks ago and are really loving it though this slush is a pain!! i just bought a pair of decent boots for the snow and now its going away!!! havent found anywhere to go yet for a decent pint though we have done so much in the past few weeks we have been too tired to go out!! had a nice meal at mr mikes down by the Cottonwood Mall the other night though so that was a start!! have you moved as a family? do you have family over here? Its just me and my partner against Chilliwack lololol though as you say everyone seems so friendly!
Debs
Old Dec 31st 2008, 6:37 am
Just Joined

pedrochilli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by THE FRANCIS CLAN
Well we arrived on the 10th November and life is slowly settling for us.Work is fine,hopefully hubby is going to get work in the hospital and then we just need to find something to do with our 4 year old(our oldest is starting school on monday).I was looking at the meet ups and wondering if anyone knows if the meet ups at decades coffee shop in Chilliwack still happens-could see any for this year! The old man also would like to know if there's anywhere decent to go for a beer!
Loved the snow,blooming hate the slush - we're carless at the mo and sick to death of mountain climbing over the mounds of frozen slush on the pavements!
Apart from that,people have been so friendly and generous and we've done more things together in the last 7 weeks than we managed to in ages - hockey,curling,swimming,tobogganing etc.We feel a bit homesick at the moment,but remember that we felt like this when we moved from the UK to the Channel Islands and knew no one,so we know it'll pass,we'd just forgotten the feeling!
Well that's my 2 min ramble,better go and do some work!
Hannah
Hooray for the "wack" and welcome yet to find a decent beer though.
Got a feeling decades is oaps? pray tell?
Old Dec 31st 2008, 6:39 am
imperfection is beauty

ooh i dont know lol i havent been to any of the meet ups!! maybe we should set up a young n hip meet up how long you been in "the Wack" ?
Old Dec 31st 2008, 6:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by debzielou
ooh i dont know lol i havent been to any of the meet ups!! maybe we should set up a young n hip meet up how long you been in "the Wack" ?
How about middle aged with 2 bad hips club. 18 months in the wack. Cannot imagine anywhere else in the valley
Old Dec 31st 2008, 6:58 am
imperfection is beauty

haha talk about urself im a young spritely thing me haha!!! no kids but an 8 week old kitten who acts like a child!! i really like Chilliwack just need to get to know some people here now!
Old Dec 31st 2008, 7:24 am
Just Joined

haha talk about urself im a young spritely thing me haha!!! no kids but an 8 week old kitten who acts like a child!! i really like Chilliwack just need to get to know some people here now!
Just remember if you aint Dutch you aint much tm Dutch mafia.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 8:45 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pedrochilli
Hooray for the "wack" and welcome yet to find a decent beer though.
Got a feeling decades is oaps? pray tell?
Try The Jolly Miller. It is just about the only place that you will get a semi decent pint and conversation that is not restricted to hockey or drugs.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

Young(ish) -36 does that count?,Paul's 47 so he's in the middle aged and grumpy - in need of a pint! If anyone fancies a meet up that'll be coolJust message and perhaps we can sort something out!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Old Dec 31st 2008, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

Young(ish) -36 does that count?,Paul's 47 so he's in the middle aged and grumpy category.- in need of a pint! Where's the Jolly Miller,is it in town?If anyone fancies a meet up that'll be coolJust message and perhaps we can sort something out!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Old Jan 1st 2009, 12:23 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THE FRANCIS CLAN
Young(ish) -36 does that count?,Paul's 47 so he's in the middle aged and grumpy category.- in need of a pint! Where's the Jolly Miller,is it in town?If anyone fancies a meet up that'll be coolJust message and perhaps we can sort something out!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

The Miller is on Vedder Rd, going South as though you are headed to Cultus Lake. Right hand side, just past Lordco. Major Leagues 2 on Gaetz is ok-ish, younger crowd, big screen sports on all the time though. There are no "pubs" as we know them, just bars.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 12:33 am
imperfection is beauty

think we might be heading to the rodeo tonight then to a bar possibly that irish one - Corky's dunno what its like though. i think men start getting grumpy when they get to 30 lol. mine is 32 and Im 22. not usually a new years eve fan cos im usually working but i dunno maybe tonight will be a good laugh.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 12:39 am
Just Joined

think we might be heading to the rodeo tonight then to a bar possibly that irish one - Corky's dunno what its like though. i think men start getting grumpy when they get to 30 lol. mine is 32 and Im 22. not usually a new years eve fan cos im usually working but i dunno maybe tonight will be a good laugh.
Have a shandy on me or two ? Go cowgirl yeee haaa !
Old Jan 1st 2009, 12:42 am
imperfection is beauty

lol i'l even wear my hat n boots lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.