Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Yet another disappointing "summer" in the UK comes to a close...

Wikiposts

Yet another disappointing "summer" in the UK comes to a close...

Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yet another disappointing "summer" in the UK comes to a close...

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I'm an Australian who has lived in the UK for nearly 6 years now, and for the life of me I genuinely, honestly cannot understand why people complain about the weather so much over here.

The British climate is fantastic! Winters are perfectly bearable (only a little worse than the ones I used to get in Tassie) and the summers are gloriously mild. It doesn't rain nearly as much as people claim it does, and the entire country is beautifully green all year round. What's not to like?

Mostly fully agree when it concerns London and the winter feel..but too far further North did find it trying.
By the fag end of Febuary though regardless of place,did begin to crave a bit of warmth. And did love the summers in London and how.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:39 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Mostly fully agree when it concerns London and the winter feel..but too far further North did find it trying.
I've never really noticed a great deal of difference. Both London and Edinburgh have an average max of either 6C or 7C in each of Dec / Jan / Feb.

In fact I think the coldest winter I've had was when I lived in Reading - overnight & early mornings anyway.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:59 am
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bcworld
I've never really noticed a great deal of difference. Both London and Edinburgh have an average max of either 6C or 7C in each of Dec / Jan / Feb.

In fact I think the coldest winter I've had was when I lived in Reading - overnight & early mornings anyway.
Not to sure about the claim of there not being much difference, having lived in Manchester for 20 years and in London for 8 years, I can certainly tell the difference between the winters. London with the smog cover, keeps the surrounding areas that little bit warmer. I remember having to defrost the car most days in Manchester...