Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Yet another disappointing "summer" in the UK comes to a close...

Wikiposts

Yet another disappointing "summer" in the UK comes to a close...

Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:33 pm
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Yet another disappointing "summer" in the UK comes to a close...

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
Bloomin luvly here in Cheltenham today - sleeveless T-shirt and baseball cap weather for the blokes
Blokes in baseball caps, isn't that a chav thing for teenagers..
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:34 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
That's literally 10 mins down the road from our secret location!
Is Ewell any closer to you? Just trying to work out where you are
Old Sep 9th 2009, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Is Ewell any closer to you? Just trying to work out where you are

Nope. Opposite way, outside the m25.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:55 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

So what have learned from this thread??

Dartford is a dump - hmmm I pretty much knew that already
The UK has very varied weather and in the summer it often rains - well I never - you don't say.
Another Barbie thread has turned into a 'Oz is better than the UK - no it isn't the UK is better than Oz' thread.

I don't think anyone can deny that UK summers are never consistent or fantastic - you take the good days and get out and make the most of them - this summer has certainly on the whole been better than the last 2 (which were both very crap) but not as good as some I have experienced in the UK - there are definitely pockets of the country than have had better weather than most - the south east corner being the main one.

If long hot sunny summers are essential to you for a happy life then I think we can all agree the UK isn't gonna give you that - I have been back in the UK 3 years now (from Perth) and when I want my guaranteed sunshine I get it by nipping over for a cheap hols to France/Spain/Italy - since we have been back we have been to the south of France twice, Paris once, Rome twice and Barcelona once - all for the cost of what it would probably cost me to get from Perth to Sydney when we were in Oz.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Another gorgeous sunny day where I live today!!!Too warm to be sat outside in full sun!
Old Sep 9th 2009, 3:01 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Another gorgeous sunny day where I live today!!!Too warm to be sat outside in full sun!
Awww thats not fair. Its cloudy here Nice cool breeze though which is very welcome after yesterday

I dont understand how people can say 30 plus degrees is good weather I hate it!! Just shows how different we all are. My doc reckons that my body temp tends to be half a degree or so above the norm for most people. Maybe thats why
Old Sep 9th 2009, 3:18 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Awww thats not fair. Its cloudy here Nice cool breeze though which is very welcome after yesterday

I dont understand how people can say 30 plus degrees is good weather I hate it!! Just shows how different we all are. My doc reckons that my body temp tends to be half a degree or so above the norm for most people. Maybe thats why
We will also look younger for it too
Old Sep 9th 2009, 3:21 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
i love you
Old Sep 9th 2009, 4:03 am
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pommybird
So what have learned from this thread??

Dartford is a dump - hmmm I pretty much knew that already
The UK has very varied weather and in the summer it often rains - well I never - you don't say.
Another Barbie thread has turned into a 'Oz is better than the UK - no it isn't the UK is better than Oz' thread.

I don't think anyone can deny that UK summers are never consistent or fantastic - you take the good days and get out and make the most of them - this summer has certainly on the whole been better than the last 2 (which were both very crap) but not as good as some I have experienced in the UK - there are definitely pockets of the country than have had better weather than most - the south east corner being the main one.

If long hot sunny summers are essential to you for a happy life then I think we can all agree the UK isn't gonna give you that - I have been back in the UK 3 years now (from Perth) and when I want my guaranteed sunshine I get it by nipping over for a cheap hols to France/Spain/Italy - since we have been back we have been to the south of France twice, Paris once, Rome twice and Barcelona once - all for the cost of what it would probably cost me to get from Perth to Sydney when we were in Oz.
Thanks Jerry.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 5:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dodge26
But that is typical U.K. a bit of hot weather and there is a hose pipe ban and the trains can't run. Heavy load of snow like the beginning of the year and the country comes to a stand still for 2 days.
So typical indeed,almost endearingly so.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Saying that cold weather is not good for the skin either.Actually think a change is best neither too much of the one or the other.
Always found the tropics good also as it keeps the skin moist.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:45 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
That's literally 10 mins down the road from our secret location!
About 15 from here
Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe! I've met UK people who look a lot older than others and that was before I went to Australia. Some people have just had a hard life(!) or work outside.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 12:04 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Maybe! I've met UK people who look a lot older than others and that was before I went to Australia. Some people have just had a hard life(!) or work outside.
I've always found that elderly people in South Africa often look like dried old prunes but they're healthier and happier than their UK-resident counterparts. I'm guessing that it'll be similar for Australian vs UK residents.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hereandthere
Loving this thread!

Person who is moving to Australia: "It's raining here and cold and can't wait to get to Australia."

Person who has moved back to UK: "It's lovely and sunny and so much nicer than Australian heat!"

If only you had posted that 20 pages ago, you could have saved a lot of trouble!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.