Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Yet another disappointing "summer" in the UK comes to a close...

Wikiposts

Yet another disappointing "summer" in the UK comes to a close...

Old Sep 1st 2009, 5:37 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yet another disappointing "summer" in the UK comes to a close...

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Big nose.
Big nose small penis
Old Sep 1st 2009, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merleoberon
thanks - i think!!
I was referring to your statement:

"if we were in aus at least we would have summer to look forward to". if i come on here saying that, someone please shoot me".

I would never have the heart to do that myself, of course, but there may just be some others on here that might have different ideas...
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

daviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nice

It's sucked in SW Scotland this year that's for you! :-(
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Right! That's it. It's raining cats and dogs now in Surrey. 8mm rain, 16 degrees and the wind is howling @ 9pm 2nd Sept 2009.

Happy Spring to all of you in Oz!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:12 am
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Right! That's it. It's raining cats and dogs now in Surrey. 8mm rain, 16 degrees and the wind is howling @ 9pm 2nd Sept 2009.

I am thinking the same thing Alfresco. Crappy weather! There's supposedly sunshine tomorrow...until I check BBC weather tomorrow morning and it says it will in fact be raining.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:15 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

It's about time we had some serious rain though . The grass in my garden had turned brown and all the plants - even the smaller trees were wilting.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
It's about time we had some serious rain though . The grass in my garden had turned brown and all the plants - even the smaller trees were wilting.
Which partly explained the wicket at the Oval...
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:48 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
The Aussies aren't used to playing on hot, dry pitches apparently.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

merleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to behold

I was referring to your statement:

"if we were in aus at least we would have summer to look forward to". if i come on here saying that, someone please shoot me".

I would never have the heart to do that myself, of course, but there may just be some others on here that might have different ideas...
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
yeah, how the heck did that happen???

Paulry is right, we haven't actually had much rain for a while. My grass and plants have taken a knock too!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:46 pm
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by paulry

What part of London do you live in? Grass turning brown, trees wilting surely that can't be lack of rainfall. It must be Domestos your hosing the garden with.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:06 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dodge26
What part of London do you live in? Grass turning brown, trees wilting surely that can't be lack of rainfall. It must be Domestos your hosing the garden with.
West London. All of the gardens around here were looking bone dry - prior to last night that is.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it was a better summer than year before last at least we had a few weeks of quite hot weather - ok so it's short lived and seems like as soon as it's here its gone again but have to be thankful we got any summer I guess.
Have to say it was on a par with Sydneys winter last year tho so in that respect it's pretty poor really.

I do find it pretty ironic that much of the things to do in the UK are outdoorsy and expensive but with the weather being what it is much of the time I have no incentive to spend a fortune and get soaked all for the sake of a day out !

An now apparently autumn is well and truly setting in (seems a bit early to me but thats by the by)

I think summers must have been much better when I was younger as I remember spending much of the 6 week holidays out and about NOT getting wet??
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Big nose small penis
Which would you prefer?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 10:20 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Dorset the spring was fab - lots of warm sunny days. June was great, July was not so good, August was ok...some great days, some ok days.
The last few days have been wet but I'm expecting an indian summer

all in all ...a lot better than the past 2 years which were awful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.