Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The winner of masterchef

The winner of masterchef

Old Jul 19th 2009, 8:32 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The winner of masterchef

Never trust a thin chef

Good on ya Julie
Old Jul 19th 2009, 8:48 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Julie's book will be out soon, get that and then go visit Pillock and have a cow's head with eyelashes and lips braised in some Old Peculiar - vomit. If that doesn't give closure, you need more help than Oprah or Dr Phil could give you.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

I think the judges should've been served the dishes by a waiter so they did not know which contestant had cooked which. Would've made for much fairer scoring.

Glad Julie won though
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunbather
I think the judges should've been served the dishes by a waiter so they did not know which contestant had cooked which. Would've made for much fairer scoring.

Glad Julie won though
I said the same thing to hubby. They shouuld have done it with the final dish at least.

Jo
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Heartrate and work rate probably best indicators but I would hazrd a guess that a BMI of 40 on a fit person would be some freakish Olympic shotputter..prop forward..built for the sport...Once you get past a threshold of effort, determined fpr you, anyone will sweat...I can sprint for a bus, and then be hardly out of breath mins later - I can jog with a partner and not break sweat or elevate my rate appreciably over a long time...but go at 80pc+ for more than say a few mins and I will sweat quickly - my body thinks it is in for the long haul and effort at this sustained rate which is annoying if it's a short burst...have never solved that one...perhaps if I exercised less my body would not anticipate the level...

Think Julie's 9s were a fix.but she was still better on the day...they might have edited the dessert taste to make it seem closer.. it was also unfair she knew what Poh's Round 1 score was...she also got help with the sorbet...but I'd rather buy her book than Poh's..

Poh, Justine and Chris will probably go on to be more successfull...
Hey I wasnt very fit, just not totally unfit. I used to get my heart rate up doing the same as my much thinner friend, she sweated I didnt. All people are different wether fat or thin.

Jo
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:35 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
Hey I wasnt very fit, just not totally unfit. I used to get my heart rate up doing the same as my much thinner friend, she sweated I didnt. All people are different wether fat or thin.

Jo
And working in a hot kitchen will make most people sweat. Just because we didn't see Justine, Poh et al sweat, doesn't mean they weren't. It's called editing.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:47 pm
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

And working in a hot kitchen will make most people sweat. Just because we didn't see Justine, Poh et al sweat, doesn't mean they weren't. It's called editing.
Well the editing put me right off Julie and Toms food. Tom was like a human sprinkler.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:49 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Apart from suddenly revealing a magnificent cleavage on the Finale!

Himself was devastated to have missed it.
aah... I missed that bit too !!! never mind. There's always next season.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
The bigger/more over-weight/unfit the person the harder the body works because it needs to move a greater weight. The harder the body works, the more heat is produced and the more heat is produced, the more sweat is produced in order to cool the body down.

Ergo, how much a person sweats is directly relative to their size, weight and level of physical fitness.

And was Julies sweat dripping all over the place...
Dean's right . . . science is on his side:

The First law of thermodynamics states:
“The change in the internal energy of a closed thermodynamic system is equal to the sum of the amount of heat energy supplied to or removed from the system and the work done on or by the system.”

And

The Fifth (and not so well known) law of thermodynamics states:
“Fat lasses sweat more.”

QED

Last edited by spartacus; Jul 19th 2009 at 10:29 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
give her 2 months fulltime in a working kitchen and she will lose a lot of that
As long as she stops tasting the food! Gordon Ramsay blew up in weight working as a chef and had to take up running.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Dean's right . . .
There's a first!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by joho
Just cause you are overweight doesnt mean unfit.
If you are overweight you are most definitely unfit.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hebe
Rubbish - I sweat like a pig when I exercise and I am very fit (for a woman my age!!!!) competing in half marathons and triathlons and my BMI is fine at around 22
Julie wasn't doing a half marathon or triathlon. She was cooking! It doesn't get the heart rate up that high.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 10:44 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
Julie wasn't doing a half marathon or triathlon. She was cooking! It doesn't get the heart rate up that high.
Massive stress and head over several burners plus hot oven? I'd sweat too and I am 57kg I should also imagine their heart rates were going through the roof every time someone told them how much time they had left.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

Massive stress and head over several burners plus hot oven? I'd sweat too and I am 57kg I should also imagine their heart rates were going through the roof every time someone told them how much time they had left.
Julies heart rate was definitely going through the roof. She is a very unfit individual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.