Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The winner of masterchef

The winner of masterchef

Old Jul 19th 2009, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default The winner of masterchef

Julie Yeah, she lives 10 kms from me. I will be in her restaurant as soon as I can LOL.

Jo
Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The winner of masterchef

Originally Posted by joho
Julie Yeah, she lives 10 kms from me. I will be in her restaurant as soon as I can LOL.

Jo
Well I dissolved It wasn't her winning or any of that, it was her family coming in and all the big hard professional male chefs suddenly wiping their eyes That and Greg. Finished me off. She did a damn good job and at least followed the recipe. What is it with Poo? If a top chef says do it this way, don't go changing to what you think. Dozy mare.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I loved the show tonight & was backing Julie all the way, so really pleased
Really looking forward to her cookbook as think it will be very achievable recipes for the average cook at home, much like Jamie Oliver but less pretentious
Poh was too arrogant, hence thought she knew better than the chef's recipe
Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Well I dissolved It wasn't her winning or any of that, it was her family coming in and all the big hard professional male chefs suddenly wiping their eyes That and Greg. Finished me off. She did a damn good job and at least followed the recipe. What is it with Poo? If a top chef says do it this way, don't go changing to what you think. Dozy mare.
i cant believe i cried at a cooking show tonight but i did...thoroughly enjoyed it and thoroughly think Julie deserved to win. She has surely grown throughout the duration.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

I just loved it every time they panned to Chris - great editing or was he THAT pissed off?!!!

Right result on the night......
Old Jul 19th 2009, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bex 66
i cant believe i cried at a cooking show tonight but i did...thoroughly enjoyed it and thoroughly think Julie deserved to win. She has surely grown throughout the duration.
Look at the way Gary had to turn away..

I was going for her too. Whether the result was rigged or not, I believe the outcome of the show should show a masterCOOK and the journey they have completed...and Julie although she is a bit of a dinnerlady is very marketable...I'm quite sure the programme leadership had to take this marketing into account and asked themselves what the programme's brand should be - after all, they are setting a precedent..

The thing with people is that they play to their strengths and abiliites - maybe Poh didn't get how to do it that way and decided it was less risky doing it her way...because at least she understood that way...I've made deviations like that in cases...however in recipes I reckon you should follow them..at least the first time...
Old Jul 19th 2009, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itigo
I just loved it every time they panned to Chris - great editing or was he THAT pissed off?!!!

Right result on the night......
That observation he made about something really showed that he is actually quite a focused, 'I'm looking at the situation and this is how I see it' sort of guy..

I think he was the MasterCHEF, just not the MasterCOOK the show really needs..

but to be beaten by a DINNER lady who cries!!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 10:01 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I dissolved too and was completely worn out by the end I'm not sure Julie was necessarily the best chef overall but she was definitely the worthy winner on the night as she followed the recipe unlike Poh yet again. Actually think her book will be a top seller.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 10:13 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

The ratings for poor channel 10.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Made my day to see arrogant stinky Chris standing there with his face tripping him.Gaun yerself Julie.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
The ratings for poor channel 10.
Still, we've got the singing show to look forward to next week . . . or is it the dancing show, but the American versions . . . or the fat show, the Australain one? . . . ooh the rooms started spinning and I'm feeling quite giddy . . .
Old Jul 19th 2009, 11:54 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Still, we've got the singing show to look forward to next week . . . or is it the dancing show, but the American versions . . . or the fat show, the Australain one? . . . ooh the rooms started spinning and I'm feeling quite giddy . . .
One hit channel then
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
One hit channel then
I know there is spec that it was rigged, but we only got to see edited bits and we didnt taste the dishes. Who knows, but who cares. I liked Julie.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:30 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

I think it's outrageous that sweaty Julie won. Rigged I tell ya The fact that she didn't know what the taste test dish was - Beef Burgundy anyone? and then Shallot Gate, well that just sums it up for me. How can the best amateur chef in the country not know what a shallot is?

That all said, my god how tall was her husband and he looked so scary when he came storming in! Was lovely when she got told her family were there. I hate seeing that many grown men cry, bloody big wusses.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:57 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peepster
I think it's outrageous that sweaty Julie won. Rigged I tell ya The fact that she didn't know what the taste test dish was - Beef Burgundy anyone? and then Shallot Gate, well that just sums it up for me. How can the best amateur chef in the country not know what a shallot is?

That all said, my god how tall was her husband and he looked so scary when he came storming in! Was lovely when she got told her family were there. I hate seeing that many grown men cry, bloody big wusses.
I'm not an expert in French by any means but isn't Beef Burgundy translated to Boeuf Bourguignon therefore she was actually correct

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.