Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The winner of masterchef

The winner of masterchef

Old Jul 20th 2009, 8:40 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The winner of masterchef

I'm a little blown away by all the comments about Julie's size. To be frank I never even noticed. To me she's just looked like a nice happy mum with three active loving kids and a passion for cooking. What did you expect Lindsay Lohan?

She won fair and square. Of all on the contestants I feel that she gained the most experience both technically and emotionally during the competition and she demonstrated that in the finale.

Poh merely recreated yet another impeccably presented, arguably very tasty, dish from her family cook book. She demonstrated nothing that she had learnt from her time on MasterChef and I think that let her down big time.

If people want to cry about fixing on the show, then sure it may have swayed some of the judges under pressure from the production company that Julies cookbook with undoubtedly sell order of magnitudes more at Christmas then Poh's. I can't see 100 day eggs in a pork and stink leaf congee with gelatinous cube of squid ink on the Boxing Day lunch menu.

If the competition was based on consistent improvement, consistent quality of food and a crystal clear vision of his goals then Chris should have won. However he did cock up his big chance.

Good on ya Julie,

Al
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:59 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hebe
Even if I go for a short jog I sweat like a pig.
Even going for a short jog will increase the body's temperature more than cooking in a kitchen and require the body to initiate a cooling process, ie sweating.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
Even going for a short jog will increase the body's temperature more than cooking in a kitchen and require the body to initiate a cooling process, ie sweating.
I don't know, cooking Christmas dinner in a small apartment without aircon works up a bit of a glow!
Old Jul 20th 2009, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I don't know, cooking Christmas dinner in a small apartment without aircon works up a bit of a glow!
Yes, I can imagine it would.