Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by pamjames
Great news!!

I am only going to whisper this.....
We also have just accepted an offer 1.5k under asking price - plus some of our furniture thrown in!....
I must admit that I did a little dance around the lounge when I came off the 'phone!!

Welcome to the thread JAK, it does seem as though things may be picking up as we have had quite a few viewers recently, so I hope you get your first one soon.

And good luck to the rest of you patient peeps.

Congratulations on the offer Glad to hear some people are getting near to what they're asking for. Hope everything goes well with the sale...
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Popsicals
Looks like our sale may have fallen through! They state that they definately still want the house, but the person with the cash (who is buying a house for them cash) is umming and aaaahing about them choosing a house that is an hours drive outside of the current area they live in (apparently!!!). . It's sad, but it has all seemed too good to be true from the beginning, so if you know anyone who wants a house in Warrington, Cheshire then give me a shout . Good luck everyone else

Pops xxx
Sorry to hear the news Pops - things had sounded so promising as well. Is it a definite No or are things still up in the air? Hope it doesnt go pear-shaped for you....i'll keep everything crossed!
Still no news here - didnt even get feedback from the 3rd viewers the other week. Previous agent we used is being a pain keep ringing to see if we've sold yet (they obviously know you haven't!). Feel like saying mind your own business (in not such a polite way) and get on with selling the houses on your own books!
Sometimes wonder if it's a competition between the agents just to see how many houses they can represent rather than actually sell!

Have noticed a few more sold signs about though - so whether people are just getting bargain buys - or like the papers say people are starting to buy again i guess the next couple of months will tell us more......

anyone else fed up of trying to keep their houses mega-tidy (just incase!). No easy feat with kids at home for school holidays )
Old Feb 20th 2009, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

oh i am with you on that one travelbug - major project to keep the house tidy ... with 2 little monsters

but the market IS picking up - we've had another 2 viewers ystd so fingers crossed one likes it enough?!?!?!?

we have a local EA coming around today after a long phone conversation with him ystd - he so wants our business and slightly budged on his fees - but still loads more than the online EA we are using right now
BUT he is confident that we can actually UP our price and so cover the additional fees AND that he will sell it for us - which is fine with me as long a the end price we get into our hands is the same

good luck everyone else!!!!!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mOZzy
oh i am with you on that one travelbug - major project to keep the house tidy ... with 2 little monsters

but the market IS picking up - we've had another 2 viewers ystd so fingers crossed one likes it enough?!?!?!?

we have a local EA coming around today after a long phone conversation with him ystd - he so wants our business and slightly budged on his fees - but still loads more than the online EA we are using right now
BUT he is confident that we can actually UP our price and so cover the additional fees AND that he will sell it for us - which is fine with me as long a the end price we get into our hands is the same

good luck everyone else!!!!!

Glad i'm not the only one that finds it a never ending job then!

Good luck with hearing back from yesterday's viewers... We might also have another viewer this weekend too, they did want to come tomorrow but we've had to ask the EA to see if they're able to make Sunday instead. Typical we're out and cant cancel plans for tomorrow afternoon... But i agree there does seem to be a lot more people viewing.
I hope the new EA you're going to use lives up to his promise. Our experience of agents hasn't so far been all that good - so i'm always slightly cynical regarding their promises! but there are some good agents out there that will work to try and sell your property so fingerscrossed he's one of them!

Old Feb 20th 2009, 11:13 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by travelbug
Glad i'm not the only one that finds it a never ending job then!

Good luck with hearing back from yesterday's viewers... We might also have another viewer this weekend too, they did want to come tomorrow but we've had to ask the EA to see if they're able to make Sunday instead. Typical we're out and cant cancel plans for tomorrow afternoon... But i agree there does seem to be a lot more people viewing.
I hope the new EA you're going to use lives up to his promise. Our experience of agents hasn't so far been all that good - so i'm always slightly cynical regarding their promises! but there are some good agents out there that will work to try and sell your property so fingerscrossed he's one of them!

It's definitely a never ending job. We're on half term here so it's pratically impossible!

Good luck with your viewing at the weekend.

Mozzy - good luck with yours too, hun.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

pamjames has a spectacular aura aboutpamjames has a spectacular aura aboutpamjames has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Popsicals
Looks like our sale may have fallen through! They state that they definately still want the house, but the person with the cash (who is buying a house for them cash) is umming and aaaahing about them choosing a house that is an hours drive outside of the current area they live in (apparently!!!). . It's sad, but it has all seemed too good to be true from the beginning, so if you know anyone who wants a house in Warrington, Cheshire then give me a shout . Good luck everyone else

Pops xxx
Oh no, not news we wanted to hear. Is it terminal or is there still a glimmer of hope?

Also - good luck everyone else with your viewings.

Pam

Last edited by pamjames; Feb 20th 2009 at 11:20 am.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 2:30 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Good luck with your viewings everyone, we are STILL waiting for our first one. I jump everytime the phone rings.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by travelbug
Sorry to hear the news Pops - things had sounded so promising as well. Is it a definite No or are things still up in the air? Hope it doesnt go pear-shaped for you....i'll keep everything crossed!
Still no news here - didnt even get feedback from the 3rd viewers the other week. Previous agent we used is being a pain keep ringing to see if we've sold yet (they obviously know you haven't!). Feel like saying mind your own business (in not such a polite way) and get on with selling the houses on your own books!
Sometimes wonder if it's a competition between the agents just to see how many houses they can represent rather than actually sell!

Have noticed a few more sold signs about though - so whether people are just getting bargain buys - or like the papers say people are starting to buy again i guess the next couple of months will tell us more......

anyone else fed up of trying to keep their houses mega-tidy (just incase!). No easy feat with kids at home for school holidays )
It really is an impossible task keeping the house tidy!!! I find myself running around the house cleaning up after everyone as they drop things! . Even the hubby!!! . It's a never ending job, but I suppose it is our home and we unfortunately HAVE to live in it .

I hope the weekend viewing goes well. Let us know. My mum took a phonecall whilst I was at work and said she is phoning back after 4pm, but as she never got her number that 'could' be a potential viewer lost??? We'll see. So, sending lots of house buying luck your way!!!

Pops xxx
Old Feb 20th 2009, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pamjames
Oh no, not news we wanted to hear. Is it terminal or is there still a glimmer of hope?

Also - good luck everyone else with your viewings.

Pam
There is a very small glimmer of hope. The lady really wants it, but her son doesn't want to buy her a house so far away! I think it is a lost cause as he is the one with the ££££'s. She is really upset, and sad that 'at her age' with grown up kids she believes she should have a say. I have to say I agree, but don't wish to involve myself in their business. Our house is therefore officially 'For Sale' again. It'll all work out in the end. Your house sale (can't whisper) sounds good - not too much of a drop. I hope everything works out for you .

Pops xxx
Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Its great that you guys are getting viewings and offers Its a shame the vultures are closing in trying to get a bargain theynow they can get a cheap house and sit on it till the market picks up and with interest rate so low they can afford too. BUT who cares as long as you get a good sale and start your new life out here in Oz.

So many of us almost gave our houses away but must say I was upset I'd let the house go for so little and cant afford to buy out here but would change it for the world!!! I love it here and would go back to England unless in handcuffs kicking and screaming

Good luck guys xxx

Mozzy that cold glass of what ever you drink is still here waiting for you hun xxx
Old Feb 21st 2009, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Its great that you guys are getting viewings and offers Its a shame the vultures are closing in trying to get a bargain theynow they can get a cheap house and sit on it till the market picks up and with interest rate so low they can afford too. BUT who cares as long as you get a good sale and start your new life out here in Oz.

So many of us almost gave our houses away but must say I was upset I'd let the house go for so little and cant afford to buy out here but would change it for the world!!! I love it here and would go back to England unless in handcuffs kicking and screaming

Good luck guys xxx

Mozzy that cold glass of what ever you drink is still here waiting for you hun xxx
no worries mate () - i'll be over one way or another

i take it you meant to say in both cases .... 'not' ....?!?!
Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steveandtina

Good luck guys xxx

Hi Tina,
Long time no speak!! Its been ages since I've been on this thread.......used to spend every spare moment on here!!!.... Yep I totally agree with you - we also made an official loss on our place but I wouldn't go back for the world.... the kids love it here so much!!! I think back and remember how they (well all of us) would just vegitate in front of the tv every night watching crap on Sky......yes the tv here is absolutely shite but thats great as we very rarely watch it!!!!
Hopefully for all the rest trying to sell things will happen for all of you soon - trust us we all went through exactly what you lot are going through now!!
Cheers
Dtp
Old Feb 21st 2009, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

blackbag is on a distinguished road

so i have just spent the last 10mins having a go at our useless EA, and now he thinks we should drop the price 10 grand to get so interest going

however he said that they wouldn't be able to drop there fees.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Well, as I said yesterday, my mum took a phonecall off someone who asked the price of the house (had only seen the board) and she told them the price, but never got their number!!! Well, they phoned back at 4pm today and they are coming at 4pm tomorrow . So, running round cleaning now and will let you all know how it goes. Good luck everyone else with viewings this weekend - keep us updated .

Pops xxx
Old Feb 21st 2009, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by blackbag
so i have just spent the last 10mins having a go at our useless EA, and now he thinks we should drop the price 10 grand to get so interest going

however he said that they wouldn't be able to drop there fees.
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems . They appear to want flexibility but not wanting to give the same back! Have you thought about advertising yourself to see if that works - it may be worth the try??? Anyway, I hope you manage to come to som agreement with the EA that suits you - good luck

Pops xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.