Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old Feb 21st 2009, 6:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Had to split the thread guys as its just too big. The previous one is here -
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540344

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 21st 2009 at 8:28 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

good luck POPS

we've got another viewing for tmrw 2pm, another one for monday 4pm and a possible other one for tmrw as well

don't you just ...ehm ... dislike... estate agents
Old Feb 21st 2009, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mOZzy
good luck POPS

we've got another viewing for tmrw 2pm, another one for monday 4pm and a possible other one for tmrw as well

Geex that's good! They're like buses - wait for ages then a load come at once . That's a good bargaining tool though if a couple of them are interested, you may be able to hold your price - ooh how exciting . We're not using an EA at the moment - just advertised ourselves through a website - got board, etc. If it doesn't generate enough interest we will give in and get an EA . Hopefully this positivity will continue....

Bye for now and everything crossed for you.

Pops.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Hi

I was wondering if anybody has any advice about holding the house price when the negotiations start/an offer is made??? As we are selling ourselves I was interested how the negotiations may go and how we would maintain as close to asking price as possible. I understand that the market is not good and our house is priced accordingly, but just thought some of you out there may have experience of these negotiations and be able to share your 'tips' .

Thanks

Pops xxx
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

good luck POPS

Hi Mozzy, how did your viewings go ?

We were meant to have a guy come at 1pm today - and he was a no-show.
How annoying Why cant people just let the agent know that they cant make it or have changed their minds! We spent all morning doing housework and making the place immaculate for no reason!

Pops - cant answer your last question i'm afraid - but i hope someone comes along soon with some advice for you.

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Well we had our viewer. She just wondered around and tried not to give anything away. We said she could wonder on her own after we had showed her around and she seemed pleased. Was here about 30 minutes. She did slip up that she has friends on 3 of the streets around us (1 joining ours) and that she had seen the house when she was there. Waiting game now, I guess. I hope all other viewings for everyone have gone well? Mozzy, how did yours go? Sorry to travelbug - I would seriously find them, hunt them down and punish them ()- for not showing up - it's horrible waiting for them and the house for me takes about 8 hours to thoroughly clean everything and then I ship the kids out, so it would really put me out. I think the EA would be getting a very stern phonecall! I'm sorry you feel let down!!!

So, here's to a new week - we need to stay positive and hope

Pops xxx
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

aww sorry travelbug - i think no shows are even worse than a 'no'!!!!!

pops tricky with the price, isn't it?! well, we've come so low that we HAD to set a bottom price and that's only 2k away from the asking price - and we need it all so have to insist - just don't look too desperate i guess

well, one viewer came and i think they quite liked it.

the one other one (arranged through the newly signed up EA) didn' show :curse: - i know, there was a bit of a mixup because my husband forgot the 1st viewing and agreed to the 2nd at the same time ... i did call and leave a message tho and even wrote an email to the guy who we signed up with (both yesterday evening!!!) - firstly i haven't heard on beep and secondly nobody showed up!!!!!
AND apparently the ea has another one for tmrw but i haven't heard re that one either

and then they wonder why we don't like estate agents
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

pops tricky with the price, isn't it?! well, we've come so low that we HAD to set a bottom price and that's only 2k away from the asking price - and we need it all so have to insist - just don't look too desperate i guess

the one other one (arranged through the newly signed up EA) didn' show :curse: - i know, there was a bit of a mixup because my husband forgot the 1st viewing and agreed to the 2nd at the same time ... i did call and leave a message tho and even wrote an email to the guy who we signed up with (both yesterday evening!!!) - firstly i haven't heard on beep and secondly nobody showed up!!!!!
AND apparently the ea has another one for tmrw but i haven't heard re that one either

Fingers crossed Mozzy that the viewer comes back to you. I cannot believe the no shows - I can honestly say that I think I would spontaneously combust if someone didn't turn up . I think you and travelbug deserve a medal for patience - or better still - a buyer .

After I posted before we got a phone call from the hubby of the woman who had been to the house asking if he could come around and see it (he hadnt come because their child was sick and he stayed home with them). We said 'yes' and he has been and gone and said he will contact us in the next couple of days. I asked who they knew around here and it is one person in my street, one person in the street joining mine (who is my hairdresser) and one the other end of the joining street, so they know the area. Thank you for your advice re price. We really do not want to drop more than £2k either as the house is priced £10k below EA valuation (as selling ourselves) and £55k lower than valuation a year and a half ago.

I hope you get your viewer tomorrow - who knows the 'no show' may be arranged for then too .

Pops xxx
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

blackbag is on a distinguished road

after speaking to the EA (when he finally rang me back) he said we should drop our asking price by 10k, as this would generate some interest.

However the wife and i told him to drop it by £5005, so i'll see what happens
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Hi all
Havent posted on here for a while because had no good news but today we have accepted an offer on our house cant believe it!
After being on market for 18months and dropping 40k!
We will have no deposit for a house in Oz and OH will have to get a job bloody quick after we land but if it all goes to plan we should arrive July/Aug time.
Good luck to everybody else selling it will happen i never thought it would and it has!
Lorna
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
Hi all
Havent posted on here for a while because had no good news but today we have accepted an offer on our house cant believe it!
We will have no deposit for a house in Oz and OH will have to get a job bloody quick after we land but if it all goes to plan we should arrive July/Aug time.
Good luck to everybody else selling it will happen i never thought it would and it has!
Lorna
Congrats Lorna - I hope all goes to plan and you enjoy your new life is 'brissy' when you go in the Summer.

Pops xxx
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly Lorna.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

I think you're right - would rather have someone just say the house is not for them than someone not bother to turn up!

Did you have a viewer turn up today? I hope you did
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Popsicals
Fingers crossed Mozzy that the viewer comes back to you. I cannot believe the no shows - I can honestly say that I think I would spontaneously combust if someone didn't turn up . I think you and travelbug deserve a medal for patience - or better still - a buyer .

After I posted before we got a phone call from the hubby of the woman who had been to the house asking if he could come around and see it (he hadnt come because their child was sick and he stayed home with them). We said 'yes' and he has been and gone and said he will contact us in the next couple of days. I asked who they knew around here and it is one person in my street, one person in the street joining mine (who is my hairdresser) and one the other end of the joining street, so they know the area. Thank you for your advice re price. We really do not want to drop more than £2k either as the house is priced £10k below EA valuation (as selling ourselves) and £55k lower than valuation a year and a half ago.

I hope you get your viewer tomorrow - who knows the 'no show' may be arranged for then too .

Pops xxx

Hi Pops, it's a good job me and the OH didn't check our bloodpressure Sunday afternoon - i dont know about spontaneously combusting - but i'm sure it could have been a possibility! The agent still hasn't got back to us to let us know whether he spoke to the guy that didnt show or not. So annoying. We're starting to think we've picked another wrong agent anyway - the guy handling our sale has been transferred to a different office - which is out of our actual area... so now we're wondering if that will affect the number of viewers we get (altho we've been assured it wont - yeah right!).
So you guys have dropped over £50,000 from last years valuation? crikey, that is a lot of money to drop. We'd dropped over £30,000 - and are now wondering whether we should ring the agent and see if the guy that offered a further £15,000 under our asking price is still interested... Not sure what to do....

I hope you hear back from the viewer you had....and that it's good news.
I'll keep my fingerscrossed for you...
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
Hi all
Lorna

Good news on your offer / and that you've accepted it. Nice to see someone else making definite plans to get on with their move. Sorry to hear you've also had to drop so much from your original asking prices too....so frustrating when you think what we could have all had prior to this recession...
Good Luck with it all - i hope it goes smoothly and that you're soon on your way to your new life in Oz.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.