Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What other country would you consider?

What other country would you consider?

Old May 16th 2009, 10:57 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What other country would you consider?

Originally Posted by Possums
what about the Nazis are they nicer these days?
To any German person this would be an incensitive statement.

well I could write it slower, would that help?
Obviously you didn't mean to offend
Old May 16th 2009, 10:58 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Germany for us because it seems to be fairly central in Europe so would be easy to get to other countries. Two of my sisters lived for a time in Germany and both loved it. Besides, my husband works for a company which is headquartered in Germany, so he would have work there.

We don't speak German, but from what my sister tells me it's not to difficult to pick up and most Germans speak English.
Makes sense
Old May 16th 2009, 11:00 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishfamily
seriously never heard of it .Tell me what it is ?
I was about to type an explanation, but then thought I might get it wrong as I never completed mine...(left school in lower 6th so to go to the local tech to do my A Levels instead) so here's a link for ya instead lol

http://www.dofe.org/
Old May 16th 2009, 11:05 pm
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

Still never heard of it .The only thing i would know about was charitys helping kids from the different divides in northern ireland . Sorry . But keep up the good work .
Old May 16th 2009, 11:10 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Still never heard of it .The only thing i would know about was charitys helping kids from the different divides in northern ireland . Sorry . But keep up the good work .
lol I only teach Primary aged children, I've nothing to do with the Duke of Ed...but did attempt to do it whilst @ school myself...

Trying to fill in a job application here for a school in Hillsborough, as currently I teach 40 miles from home in Ards....and I'm fed up with the drive after having been there for the past 5 years!!! lol
Old May 16th 2009, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

well I could write it slower, would that help?
Do not think speed is of essence here,just humour around Germans and nazis is a litle passe is it not?..
Old May 16th 2009, 11:16 pm
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

How long ago did u apply to get into australia ? And was it as a teacher .My bro in law lives in ards .Thats a long drive 4 u .rather u than me
Old May 16th 2009, 11:20 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

How long ago did u apply to get into australia ? And was it as a teacher .My bro in law lives in ards .Thats a long drive 4 u .rather u than me
Started the whole process in Nov by doing my skills assessment...lodged visa app in Feb....as a teacher yes...

Does ur bro have kids, if so, which school do they go to? lol
Old May 17th 2009, 1:09 am
Sharon

All at high school and i think 1 has left as far as i know don`t keep in contact with he is a bit of a dickhead to be honest lol.(I don`t mince my words )
Old May 17th 2009, 1:24 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

All at high school and i think 1 has left as far as i know don`t keep in contact with he is a bit of a dickhead to be honest lol.(I don`t mince my words )
I know what you mean, family eh....cant choose em....
Old May 17th 2009, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinH
Germany, no question
Well one question.

ARE YOU NUTS!!!

I worked in Mannheim near Frankfurt for 6 months, and they were the most miserable 6 months of my life.

Talk about an unfriendly, abusive people. A bunch of nasty over bearing people, who just bark at you, even in shops. And you can watch supermarket managers shouting at shoptill attendants as you wait to get served.

They push you out of the way on the streets, and I mean literally push. My favourite memory was one day when it was pouring down, and I had no umbrella, so I was walking under the awnings of the shops. As were all the people with umbrellas, and they would literally walk into me rather than be forced out into the rain (with their umbrella). No, I was supposed to go into the rain and get wet.

Seriously that is their mentality.

And you would want to live there?

I'd go back to Germany, only at gunpoint.

JTL
Old May 17th 2009, 1:33 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Well one question.

ARE YOU NUTS!!!

I worked in Mannheim near Frankfurt for 6 months, and they were the most miserable 6 months of my life.

Talk about an unfriendly, abusive people. A bunch of nasty over bearing people, who just bark at you, even in shops. And you can watch supermarket managers shouting at shoptill attendants as you wait to get served.

They push you out of the way on the streets, and I mean literally push. My favourite memory was one day when it was pouring down, and I had no umbrella, so I was walking under the awnings of the shops. As were all the people with umbrellas, and they would literally walk into me rather than be forced out into the rain (with their umbrella). No, I was supposed to go into the rain and get wet.

Seriously that is their mentality.

And you would want to live there?

I'd go back to Germany, only at gunpoint.

JTL
I think he already does and loves it.
Old May 17th 2009, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Corsica

We were looking into buying a property there with a view to living there full time once the kids were finished at school. Seriously beautiful place.
Old May 17th 2009, 9:36 am
Just Joined

mattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
UK not gone to the dogs but I did enjoy Cyprus and could have lived there. However, I think I'll stay here, they drive on the correct side of the road and speak my language. Can't be arsed to learn something new
They do in cyprus aswell !
Old May 17th 2009, 9:50 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

For us it would have probably been Ireland, England or possibly Scotland.

Although in our usual fashion it probably would have only been for several years unless of course we loved it. We probably would have went to Ireland first but there really aren't many mines there or in England for that matter. So work would have been a problem, never bothered to look into whether we actually qualified or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.