Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What other country would you consider?

What other country would you consider?

Old May 18th 2009, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What other country would you consider?

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
German isn't too hard to pick up. And it helps when you have to speak it. Then it helps break down barriers when you try to speak it - a German gives you a very funny look then blurts out 'I speak perfect English Ja Just tell me in English'.

Oh - the best way to speak German is to demand things not ask nicely. I noted this when trying to order bread in a bakery. Speak German shyly or too meek they will look at you weirdly. Go in, bang your fist on the table and yell 'give me that bread' gets a response. It might seem rude in the UK but trust me, that's how Germans shop!
It is true German language comes from the gut (so it can sound forceful)and to some people English sounds a bit soft sort of tweet,tweet.Also some claim English sounds like someone has an apple in the mouth.
Not too sure how effective banging your fist on the table would prove to be.lol.
Old May 18th 2009, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Is it true that it's illegal to wear a brown shirt in Germany?
Yes, it's the poor taste in fashion rule. One is not supposed to wear a brown shirt along with their lederhosen and felt hat because the colour clash
Old May 18th 2009, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Brown shirts. Black shirts.

Just goes to show that the Italians have more fashion sense than the Germans.