Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What other country would you consider?

What other country would you consider?

Old May 16th 2009, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute
Default What other country would you consider?

So the UK has 'gone to the dogs' and Australias great too if you dont look too hard but what other country would you love to live in if you had the choice??

Disclaimer: Choose wisely, presuming that were no other circumstances such as war, famine and disease. Forget about house prices, salaries and how good the local gravy is.

Not too hard a question is it? Come on peeps, lighten up yo'selves!
Old May 16th 2009, 7:25 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What other country would you consider?

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
..........what other country would you love to live in if you had the choice??
Tasmania

Old May 16th 2009, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Tasmania

Good start! My hopes for this thread arent high but at least its a bit of a change from the norm (sort of).

Any pacific island for me would be nice. Greece is also appealing but after a couple of visits, I really enjoyed Samoa.
Old May 16th 2009, 7:36 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Good start! My hopes for this thread arent high but at least its a bit of a change from the norm (sort of)..
What do you expect? I'm not quite a full shilling

Any pacific island for me would be nice. Greece is also appealing but after a couple of visits, I really enjoyed Samoa.
I love to visit all countries as they all have something to offer of some sort or another

As for living anywhere else, well...I happen to love here, warts and all
Old May 16th 2009, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
What do you expect? I'm not quite a full shilling

I love to visit all countries as they all have something to offer of some sort or another

As for living anywhere else, well...I happen to love here, warts and all

Thats good. Its just I get bored quick and will NEVER settle anywhere but definitely enjoy places where "things' matter less than people.

Ive never been to Tasmania but I've heard it was once part of NZ so cant be that bad.
Old May 16th 2009, 8:04 am

Thats good. Its just I get bored quick and will NEVER settle anywhere but definitely enjoy places where "things' matter less than people.:
Once an expat, always an expat. You either stay happy with the differences or always look for somewhere better. Not sure if it ever exists

Ive never been to Tasmania but I've heard it was once part of NZ so cant be that bad.
I think we're dead
Old May 16th 2009, 8:12 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

New Zealand for sure, reckon we'll end up there after a few years in Oz. I remember thinking how much it was Aussies that were whinge kings and not poms as they like to spout, most Kiwi's would agree, only downside to NZ is that it's a bit sedate for a young family IMO. Has the geographical diversity of Oz bit in the size of the UK ( this is obviously not to be taken literaly). Fantastic place just give me a few years!
Old May 16th 2009, 8:18 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

We backpacked for a few months on the way over to Oz and fell in love with Switzerland!! In fact, if we had found it a couple of years ago, we would def have moved there... OH, even when we were touring around Australia, kept saying that perhaps we ought to go there and live instead!

So.. my answer is Switzerland!

Em x
Old May 16th 2009, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the mood at the time.Lived in France for three and a half years prior to OZ and for would say it that country but not where i lived but far further South close to Spain and Andorra. Really interesting and vibrant part of the world.
Portugal would rate a fairly close second and several places outside of Europe are also attractive for various reasons.
Old May 16th 2009, 9:36 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Thats good. Its just I get bored quick and will NEVER settle anywhere but definitely enjoy places where "things' matter less than people.

Don't know about NZ but it was once attached to mainland Australia

Portugal or Greece for me
Old May 16th 2009, 10:19 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: What other country would you consider?

Irish Republic.
Old May 16th 2009, 11:04 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Cyprus for me
Old May 16th 2009, 11:09 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Depends on the mood at the time.Lived in France for three and a half years prior to OZ and for would say it that country but not where i lived but far further South close to Spain and Andorra. Really interesting and vibrant part of the world.
Portugal would rate a fairly close second and several places outside of Europe are also attractive for various reasons.
I lived in France for 7 and a half years while growing up and although it is a lovely place to visit I could never ever live there again. France and the French are just so counter-productive
Old May 16th 2009, 11:15 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emelems

So.. my answer is Switzerland!
Switzerland for me too

Italy or Germany runners up
Old May 16th 2009, 11:38 am
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Irish Republic.
Same for me Southern Ireland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.