Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What other country would you consider?

What other country would you consider?

Old May 16th 2009, 8:32 pm
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What other country would you consider?

Originally Posted by Possums
I am on topic, we are talking about living in other countries, they still have support. They obviously didnt bomb your chippy
There are a couple of chippies that should be razed to the ground here for the crime of selling shite Fish and chips and deep fried mars bars
Old May 16th 2009, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

stalybridge will become famous soon enoughstalybridge will become famous soon enough

Id go to the place I lived before here, the USA..

bastards wouldnt give me a green card
Old May 16th 2009, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Germany for us because it seems to be fairly central in Europe so would be easy to get to other countries. Two of my sisters lived for a time in Germany and both loved it. Besides, my husband works for a company which is headquartered in Germany, so he would have work there.

We don't speak German, but from what my sister tells me it's not to difficult to pick up and most Germans speak English.
Germany would be a sound choice indeed.But with regards to language not so many people spoke English in the South(at least to an acceptable level) but the further North proficiency was not much of a problem.
German language more difficult to learn than one may think but entirely doable
Old May 16th 2009, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Possums
what about the Nazis are they nicer these days?
What is that supposed to mean?
Old May 16th 2009, 9:51 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishfamily
Northern ireland would be my choice lol
Ha right, if that's the case, then let's house swap, I'll even throw in a free Westie lol
Old May 16th 2009, 10:04 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
What is that supposed to mean?
well I could write it slower, would that help?
Old May 16th 2009, 10:06 pm
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Ha right, if that's the case, then let's house swap, I'll even throw in a free Westie lol
I`ll take the westie but not the swap lol
Old May 16th 2009, 10:09 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I`ll take the westie but not the swap lol
lol she's a mental wee bism though, @ 5 years old she's yet to calm down lol

Will stick her in the post 2moro lol
Old May 16th 2009, 10:20 pm
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

Don`t send her over here my wee timmy coco would love it it would be a change from humping his pet sheep lmao.What part of the north r u from ?
Old May 16th 2009, 10:30 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Don`t send her over here my wee timmy coco would love it it would be a change from humping his pet sheep lmao.What part of the north r u from ?
Near Banbridge, where are you from originally yourself?
Old May 16th 2009, 10:35 pm
Sharon

Im from rostrevor but OH is from rathfriland not far from banbridge his parents live in annaclone .Now i have u thinking lol.
Old May 16th 2009, 10:37 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Im from rostrevor but OH is from rathfriland not far from banbridge his parents live in annaclone .Now i have u thinking lol.
Ack yes, Rathfriland....the biggggggggg hillllllllll and the apparently nice ice-cream, though I don't do whippy ice-cream so I couldnt tell u lol

I think I camped out in Rostrevor, is there a big forest park there? Was part of my Duke of Edinburgh thingymajjiger....any regrets about leaving NI? Have you made Oz your home and settled ok?
Old May 16th 2009, 10:47 pm
Sharon

Yeah grahams shop sells the ice cream had it a few times .Yeah rostrevor caravan park is lovely 4 camping remember to visit cloughmore stone when u get there u will have a long trek up to it but the view is worth it . i used wake up every morning and open my blinds and see that view u will never beat a view like that even in australia .We have nor regrets moving here only thing i will say it will be a massive culture shock and coming from northern ireland u have to talk really slow cuz they reckon we talk too fast (ain`t that right dorothy lol) but u will love it when u get here..What duke of edinburgh thing ??
Old May 16th 2009, 10:49 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Yeah grahams shop sells the ice cream had it a few times .Yeah rostrevor caravan park is lovely 4 camping remember to visit cloughmore stone when u get there u will have a long trek up to it but the view is worth it . i used wake up every morning and open my blinds and see that view u will never beat a view like that even in australia .We have nor regrets moving here only thing i will say it will be a massive culture shock and coming from northern ireland u have to talk really slow cuz they reckon we talk too fast (ain`t that right dorothy lol) but u will love it when u get here..What duke of edinburgh thing ??
You've never heard of the duke of edinburgh's award scheme?! lol
Old May 16th 2009, 10:55 pm
Sharon

seriously never heard of it .Tell me what it is ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.