Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Donald
84.62%
Hillary
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Old Nov 10th 2016, 2:21 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You only need to watch the first 20 seconds
I would care to disagree. The rest is interesting too, keep on watching and her opinion is that Bernie Sanders would be much tougher to beat than Clinton, plus she gives some good reasons why.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 2:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
I would care to disagree. The rest is interesting too, keep on watching and her opinion is that Bernie Sanders would be much tougher to beat than Clinton, plus she gives some good reasons why.
I agree, I just despise watching other people's "must watch" videos, so I only highlighted the bit I thought was most interesting lest others not bother thinking I was recommending all ten minutes, because I certainly wouldn't watch a ten minute video just because someone else posted a non-specific recommendation for it.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
You must be living in some alternate reality It's more like 8 years of successful rebuilding after two terms of tragic Republican rule under the biggest moron to ever occupy the White House.

I agree, Trump single-handedly demolished the entire party and all its contenders, basically swiping them aside and claiming that whole part of the political scene all for himself.

I think _she_ is the reason why the party lost simply because she wasn't the best candidate, had quite a negative following even among Democrats, and the process by which she was selected seemed almost as twisted and suspicious as some of the things Trump was saying about the political system overall.

Unfortunately she went for it. This reminds me of the Republicans and how they lost out to Obama because they pushed the wrong guy into the spotlight. Had they nominated Ron Paul it would have probably gone the other way.
I agree many people were just voting against Clinton and not necessarily for Trump. But again the reality is many people have suffered in this economy of the past 16 years, and did not feel Clinton represented anything but a continuation of the same. Until the Democrats recognize the suffering and concerns of the white working class and lower income class, they wont get the majority of their votes. But demographics are in favour of the Democrats
in the long run.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Perhaps you should pay attention.

Donald Trump will lead the US in the right direction. We should take note

Some good some bad but that goes with the territory. Rather than believing the lack of detail the popular media sensationalise to get you all angry and interested.
What? How about you go and have a look at Trumps record. Instead of reading the wishful thinking of his supporters and the desperate praying of those who are now stuck with him.

The media sensationalised Trump and Clinton. But Trump did a far better job at sensationalising himself as has been true his entire public facing life.

Trump said that if he had paid his income tax, the US would have squandered it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1315092
Old Nov 10th 2016, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
I agree many people were just voting against Clinton and not necessarily for Trump. But again the reality is many people have suffered in this economy of the past 16 years, and did not feel Clinton represented anything but a continuation of the same. Until the Democrats recognize the suffering and concerns of the white working class and lower income class, they wont get the majority of their votes. But demographics are in favour of the Democrats
in the long run.
Nobody knows why Trump really got elected and that's what makes this nearly impossible to understand. Some voted against Clinton, some voted because they wanted a wall. Others would have voted because they didn't believe in Obama. Plenty of reasons why but who knows how many for each.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 7:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

<snip>

Here we go, this bloke 100% correct

Last edited by Alfresco; Nov 10th 2016 at 10:58 pm. Reason: Remove link
Old Nov 10th 2016, 7:34 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
<snip>

Here we go, this bloke 100% correct
I don't agree with the spin, but that is profoundly correct, especially after 4:30. The PC crowd have driven free speech underground, anything that doesn't meet the left's standard of what is "acceptable" is labled "hate speech" and is shut down.

Last edited by Alfresco; Nov 10th 2016 at 11:00 pm. Reason: Remove link.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
What? How about you go and have a look at Trumps record. Instead of reading the wishful thinking of his supporters and the desperate praying of those who are now stuck with him.

The media sensationalised Trump and Clinton. But Trump did a far better job at sensationalising himself as has been true his entire public facing life.

Trump said that if he had paid his income tax, the US would have squandered it.

Trump’s son, 7, uses caviar moisturizer nightly - NY Daily News
Track record pretty good in my opinion. He's had successful businesses, failed businesses, been up front about the failed tax system. An honest leader for once. And he's into caviar moisturiser ...... just because you can't afford it ..... resentment again.

Any other arguments or are you just buying the mainstream press piss take?
Old Nov 10th 2016, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Track record pretty good in my opinion. He's had successful businesses, failed businesses, been up front about the failed tax system. An honest leader for once. And he's into caviar moisturiser ...... just because you can't afford it ..... resentment again.

Any other arguments or are you just buying the mainstream press piss take?
Er what? Why would I even want caviar moisturiser? Maybe one day you'll come out of that cloud you live in and realise that people typically aren't jealous of the rich who earn and have. People are quite rightly annoyed by the hypocrisy of people like Trump. When you say 'honest leader', you quite clearly post that as bait as you can't possibly be that dumb. Nice try.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:04 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

When you say 'honest leader', you quite clearly post that as bait as you can't possibly be that dumb. Nice try.
Never underestimate the ability of the far right to see black and say white.

Seriously, they can't all be trolling.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GarryP
Never underestimate the ability of the far right to see black and say white.

Seriously, they can't all be trolling.
I agree but we can't call it all stupidity or ignorance when some of it must be trolling. But Beoz has a lot in common with Trump in my opinion. Probably doesn't have his lifestyle but seems to have his knuckle dragging personality.

Hmm, on the thin line between name calling and not name calling this time.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I agree but we can't call it all stupidity or ignorance when some of it must be trolling. But Beoz has a lot in common with Trump in my opinion. Probably doesn't have his lifestyle but seems to have his knuckle dragging personality.

Hmm, on the thin line between name calling and not name calling this time.
This is the problem with you lefties. When the vote is lost and the after argument has no depth or merit, all you can do is name call and riot in the streets. Your neanderthal ways are getting a bit last decade. Do catch up, the world is moving forward without you.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Er what? Why would I even want caviar moisturiser? Maybe one day you'll come out of that cloud you live in and realise that people typically aren't jealous of the rich who earn and have. People are quite rightly annoyed by the hypocrisy of people like Trump. When you say 'honest leader', you quite clearly post that as bait as you can't possibly be that dumb. Nice try.
You started in this thread so neutral and look at the far left mess you have got yourself into. You are even plucking descriptions out of the air now with no backup.

Go and spend some time at http://mobile.nytimes.com you will feel more at home there.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

You started in this thread so neutral and look at the far left mess you have got yourself into. You are even plucking descriptions out of the air now with no backup.

Go and spend some time at http://mobile.nytimes.com you will feel more at home there.
Neutral? Never said I was. I despise the decision to elect Trump as president. As do most Americans. And everything you want to know about how ridiculous Trump is has been broadcast daily since he began running for President. Really not sure why I waste the internet space in reply to you.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:42 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

This is the problem with you lefties. When the vote is lost and the after argument has no depth or merit, all you can do is name call and riot in the streets. Your neanderthal ways are getting a bit last decade. Do catch up, the world is moving forward without you.
Erm, well I do think Trump has name-calling well and truly in the bag so I don't think that is something you can accuse lefties of having a monopoly on! In fact, part of the recent critique of the left is that they have sought to quash name-calling, thereby interfering with free speech..... Knockoff nig seems pretty good at name-calling, but he is no more proficient than several of the posters he spars with.

I think if there is are two things we can say with some certainty at the rise and election of Donald Trump it is that (a) Farrage was right: people have had enough of 'experts' (aka people who know their shit) and they have had enough to such an extent that they will overlook and forgive a lot in order to make the point that they have had enough, and (b) money really does talk.

On the plus side, Putin/ Russia seems to like Trump so maybe recent escalating tensions there might subside. Every cloud and all that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.