Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Donald
84.62%
Hillary
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Old Nov 10th 2016, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
You are a delicate flower. Why not take a nap. The internet will be here when you wake up.
Awww. Post us an angry face.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 5:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

If anyone (Garry) wants to know what's killing democracy, have a look at the crowd of know nothing, can't stand to lose left wing brats that are rioting in the states because they don't agree with the result.

Clinton is a proven liar, arms dealer, fraudster with blood on her hands, and for good measure, her meddling and arms dealing is costing innocent people the world over due to her love child ISIS.

Trump didn't have to prove himself fit for the whitehouse, with Hillary proving herself, really quite often, distinctly UNfit for the Whitehouse.

Can't switch on the news or social media without listening to whingeing and bitching from some wanker.

We've got the poison dwarf Sturgeon saying she respects the will of the American people, shame she can't respect the will of the British people, twice.

I sincerely hope that Trump goes down in history as one of the great presidents, there's no evidence to suggest otherwise at the moment, oh and he lied to get in??? I'd say that makes him eminently qualified for the job.

I genuinely fear for democracy, people don't know how to lose anymore, probably all down to participation medals and certificates at school. Tossers
Old Nov 10th 2016, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I sincerely hope that Trump goes down in history as one of the great presidents, there's no evidence to suggest otherwise at the moment, oh and he lied to get in??? I'd say that makes him eminently qualified for the job.
I have a feeling you might be right. Time will tell how great or not as the case may be.

On lying, I think he's been boastfully honest about how little tax he has paid amongst other historical imperfections. Like us all the leaders of the world are not perfect nor have perfect pasts. Respect.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Between all the media name calling, resentment, and general mayhem, I found this. A slightly different take on it all.

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/donald-trump-will-lead-the-us-in-the-right-direction-we-should-take-note-20161110-gsmant.html
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

best summation I've seen :

Trump voters took him seriously. not literally. Clinton voters (and the media) took him literally, not seriously.

He just wanted the job. Suspect he will wind his neck in a bit now. And despite it perhaps tellingly actually being a white vote not just a blue collar white vote, (some people will claim this is racist) it is also a sock against Neo cons and the smug left.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:25 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Clinton is a proven liar, arms dealer, fraudster with blood on her hands, and for good measure, her meddling and arms dealing is costing innocent people the world over due to her love child ISIS.
If you seriously believe that cr*p, you are away with the faeries.

I sincerely hope that Trump goes down in history as one of the great presidents, there's no evidence to suggest otherwise at the moment
Oh I would hope that he goes down as a great president as well - however it's pretty much guaranteed to be a vain hope ..... which is almost exactly the problem. Trump is a vain, arrogant, and vacant man that is going to make a massive cockup of everything he touches. But he'll blame others for his failings, and double down on them. Only this time the bankruptcy he'll try to walk away from is the United States. Hopefully they will Ceausescu him.

More than one commentator today has echoed what I said yesterday - as Trump pulls down the US, he's likely to create GFC II - and that will shift the geopolitics massively, and permanently.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP

Oh I would hope that he goes down as a great president as well - however it's pretty much guaranteed to be a vain hope ..... which is almost exactly the problem. Trump is a vain, arrogant, and vacant man that is going to make a massive cockup of everything he touches. But he'll blame others for his failings, and double down on them. Only this time the bankruptcy he'll try to walk away from is the United States. Hopefully they will Ceausescu him.

More than one commentator today has echoed what I said yesterday - as Trump pulls down the US, he's likely to create GFC II - and that will shift the geopolitics massively, and permanently.
Why do lefties always think they can see into the future? And it is always negative if today is not going their way. Why don't you stop throwing your toys out of the pram and just wait, see what happens and try not to be such a misery guts.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Totally edited: I can't quite grasp that your answer to Trump is a bullet, and that you're so arrogant that you can't see your part in the so called death of democracy. I really hope he makes the likes of you choke on your words. Shaking my head

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Nov 10th 2016 at 6:42 am.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Does BE have a tag and notify function? I want to revisit this rant in 2 years.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:40 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Why do lefties always think they can see into the future? And it is always negative if today is not going their way. Why don't you stop throwing your toys out of the pram and just wait, see what happens and try not to be such a misery guts.
I like what you write more every day

Keep it up!
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:42 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Spot on.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:54 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
It's called history and critical thinking.

Think back over the last 40 years in the US. It's always been a republican that has screwed it up, and a democrat that has had to try and fix the mess, only to have the next republican screw it up again.

The only half way decent republican was George HW Bush, mainly because he came in via the VP route from the CIA. And even he made a mess of the domestic side.

And now they have someone who a manifestly unsuitable to even stand, and whom EVERYONE is saying will be a disaster.

Let's turn it round, why don't you want to deal with the reality and prefer to go off into la-la land?
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:58 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
They are only broken for those who didn't get the result they wanted. The minority.
Except that it is looking to actually be a slim majority that voted for Clinton. This is where democracy becomes farcical: see the difference between the electoral college vote and the popular vote. Regardless of who wins, it certainly is a blow when the loser got the majority of votes (tho looks to be very very close).

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
The polls mislead everyone. If there were no polls, people would pay more attention to policies and consequences.
Originally Posted by Amazulu
It looks like polls are worth jack-shit at the moment!

UK election, Brexit, US election - all wrong
Interestingly, it looks like it's not so much that all polls are useless but that traditional methods of polling are much less reliable. AI predicted a Trump win and a polling method that looks at number of mentions on social media accurately predicted both Brexit and Trump. Seems we all need to get with the digital age a bit more!
Old Nov 10th 2016, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's called history and critical thinking.

Think back over the last 40 years in the US. It's always been a republican that has screwed it up, and a democrat that has had to try and fix the mess, only to have the next republican screw it up again.

The only half way decent republican was George HW Bush, mainly because he came in via the VP route from the CIA. And even he made a mess of the domestic side.

And now they have someone who a manifestly unsuitable to even stand, and whom EVERYONE is saying will be a disaster.

Let's turn it round, why don't you want to deal with the reality and prefer to go off into la-la land?
Cough cough. The Bushes. Please.

Lefties ruin. Fact.

8 years of Obama destruction and the US has had enough.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 7:12 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Except that it is looking to actually be a slim majority that voted for Clinton. This is where democracy becomes farcical: see the difference between the electoral college vote and the popular vote. Regardless of who wins, it certainly is a blow when the loser got the majority of votes (tho looks to be very very close).

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Interestingly, it looks like it's not so much that all polls are useless but that traditional methods of polling are much less reliable. AI predicted a Trump win and a polling method that looks at number of mentions on social media accurately predicted both Brexit and Trump. Seems we all need to get with the digital age a bit more!
It doesn't help that the type of person who's most likely to vote for a far right candidate is exactly the type of person who won't answer a poll.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.