Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:39 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by MORCPOM1
Hi Everyone, Just been reading all the threads and starting to get a bit freaked out. Need some information please. Okay hope you are all sitting comfortable this could take some time. Firstly do I need to apply for Police Clearance and Medical before lodging the application form or do I wait til the DIMA request this information. If I wait what will this mean for our application. Also who can sign the photocopies can it be a teacher with over 5 years service?? If not have really stuffed up and had forms signed wrong OH SHIT!!!! God will be a nervous wreck by the time these forms are actually ready for sending. Last question have been married for 8 years have written our declarations about each other, have 6 stat decs 4 from friends in UK and 2 from Australia one being from my brother. Have joint bank statements have travelled many times together. Have loads of joint letters but not yet got our wills finalized. Do I need to put a copy of our wills in? House is only in husbands name bought before we meet. Have bought cars together and have insurance documents in each others favour. Should this be enough information?? All help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone Liz(oz)
No need for wills. Despite house being in OH's name you should be fine - you've got loads of supporting evidence so you can stop stressing (Easier said than done, I know.)

We submitted the police check before the application, and booked meds for about 3 weeks after we submitted the police check. Meds were therefore completed about a week before the police check came back, at which point we submitted our application. Submitted the application on the Wednesday, had an approval by Friday and got his passport back within the week. Frontloading definitely helps!

Last edited by ridds; Nov 30th 2007 at 4:42 am.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Poppydreams
Sloane - that's fantastic news. I'm so pleased for you!!

We haven't heard anything -not even an email.
Although most of our evidence was posted back to us the other day with the receipt in it. Getting anxious now especially considering how quickly yours was done.
Hi Poppydreams, thanks.
If I was you I would send an e-mail or phone them just in case they have messed up your e-mail address. All our contact with them was via e-mail and as I said we were sent an e-mail (husbands) 2 days after they would have received the application. It can't hurt to check!
Hopefully you will hear something today
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

dainty will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sloane46
Hi Poppydreams, thanks.
If I was you I would send an e-mail or phone them just in case they have messed up your e-mail address. All our contact with them was via e-mail and as I said we were sent an e-mail (husbands) 2 days after they would have received the application. It can't hurt to check!
Hopefully you will hear something today

Once again, I have to agree with Sloane, we got an e-mail quite quickly after we sent the application - but to be honest, it was originally sent to the wrong e-mail address for the OH - thankfully the one they used for me was correct, and we got them to change the OH e-mail address.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Poppydreams is on a distinguished road

Hi Poppydreams,

Little girl is 9 and very excited only because she wants to get a kitten I have the Right of Abode as my mother was originally from Leistershire. (£10 Pom) so have been able to travel between both countries fairly easily. Had more trouble with Aussie Passport in Tunisia didn't think I would be allowed to enter. But a little Aussie charm and lots of good luck finally got a stamp. That was the start of a holiday from hell, should of turned back at the airport!!!! Are you excited to be going home or like me a little nervous? Should be change from sunny old Morecambe.Cheers Liz
Hi Liz
I'm looking forward to going home and will probably be so nervous when we get on the flight. We are gutted to be leaving OH's family (wish we could ship them over too!!) - get on really really well with them and after we told them all last week - their response was quite supportive but they are upset we are going.
I need to be close to my Mum as she is very ill at the moment as well.
Good luck with your visa appn
Cheers Poppydreams
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dainty
Once again, I have to agree with Sloane, we got an e-mail quite quickly after we sent the application - but to be honest, it was originally sent to the wrong e-mail address for the OH - thankfully the one they used for me was correct, and we got them to change the OH e-mail address.
Thanks you guys! I did email them last week and they responded by saying that a case officer would contact us in the next 15 days. So I guess we still have another 5 working days. Unless I email them again??
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Thanks you guys! I did email them last week and they responded by saying that a case officer would contact us in the next 15 days. So I guess we still have another 5 working days. Unless I email them again??
I have emailed them again anyway to let them know the correct email address (I remembered that on the application we put it down in capital letters).

My head is getting in a spin!!!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

MORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura about

THANK YOU ALL...Your advice has been fantastic and very calming. I also think the Bundy Rum has helped. (Sent over from my mother for Xmas. Thank God for Mothers!!!) Will start booking police check and Medicals for 3 weeks. Thanks again everyone.

Will Keep you all posted on our progress. See you on the Strand in Townsville for a BBQ Struth. Thanks again.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

I have emailed them again anyway to let them know the correct email address (I remembered that on the application we put it down in capital letters).

My head is getting in a spin!!!
check your spam inbox, our response sat there for a few days and i was fretting checking our inbox by the minute
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

THANK YOU ALL...Your advice has been fantastic and very calming. I also think the Bundy Rum has helped. (Sent over from my mother for Xmas. Thank God for Mothers!!!) Will start booking police check and Medicals for 3 weeks. Thanks again everyone.

Will Keep you all posted on our progress. See you on the Strand in Townsville for a BBQ Struth. Thanks again.
looking forward to that bbq on the strand!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:46 am
Just Joined

peplaing is on a distinguished road

hi all

Visa email received this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (subclass 100) SO excited!!!! WE subbmitted on the 9th november then were told that my medicals had been sent to Sydney and also requested that my eldest son get an xray as he turned 11 on the 13th november, the received that on the 30th november I emailed them yesterday just to chase things up! I got a reply saying they were waiting to hear back from Sydney then this morning it was sitting inmy INBOX!

SO so excited. xxxxxx:
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

[/SIZE]
Originally Posted by peplaing
hi all

Visa email received this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (subclass 100) SO excited!!!! WE subbmitted on the 9th november then were told that my medicals had been sent to Sydney and also requested that my eldest son get an xray as he turned 11 on the 13th november, the received that on the 30th november I emailed them yesterday just to chase things up! I got a reply saying they were waiting to hear back from Sydney then this morning it was sitting inmy INBOX!

SO so excited. xxxxxx:
CONGRATULATIONS
Now you just have to endure the watching the post every morning til it is safely in your hands LOL
Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

hi all

SO so excited. xxxxxx:
CONGRATULATIONS That's really good news. Have you booked your flights yet??
Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

hi all

SO so excited. xxxxxx:

Congratulations
Old Dec 6th 2007, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

peplaing is on a distinguished road

CONGRATULATIONS That's really good news. Have you booked your flights yet??
We are planning on going end of march so we will look to get christmas and new year over with then all systems go!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 2:00 am
Just Joined

Location: Brisbane (originally Co.Cork,Ireland!)Not anymore though I hope
Dizer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Irish stories

I am a 24 year old female Irish citizen(Co.Cork) in Australia on a Business 457 visa and my australian boyfriend has asked me to marry him.I cannout get another visa as my current job is not on the list for a skilled mig visa etc..We have been dating for over a year and living together the past few months...Can we get married hassle free or can someone please tell me wat to expect..I know I must give notification a month before the impending marriage but is that all..?Any information would be greatly appreciated..
Once married can I cancel my 457 visa as I would like to study childcare and work for my current employer 2-3 days a week,which he agrees to as he doesn't want to lose me because I am one of if not his only best worker..Have tried ringing immigration but no help watsoever..Must I then get a spouse visa..
Sorry about the 20 million questions just looking for some good news if even just a little..Think you have replied to me in the past
Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.