Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old May 25th 2007, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

We didnt do an interview for the spousal visa, so cant help much there, as for money were taking about £30000 with us, I've talked to people who have taken a load less than that, I think there more concerned with the level of support you will get from family in Oz, and thats what all the stat decs were for
Old May 25th 2007, 10:50 am
Just Joined

ParkbenchUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

We submitted our spouse visa application to London this week (Posted on Tuesday, Arrived Wednesday, Money taken from my Credit Card Thursday!)

I havent had any emails or telephone calls yet but I guess we shouldnt expect anything before next week at the earliest. My Police Check was sent with the application and I had my meds a month ago so they should have everything. We have no kids or dependants and we got married in Australia so I have my fingers crossed that all is OK!

I think the waiting is now the worst thing - and a bank holiday weekend thrown in just to make the waiting longer!

Good Luck to everyone - I will keep you posted if I hear anything.
Paul
Old May 25th 2007, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Good luck with it Paul

Yes the wait kills ya
Old May 25th 2007, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shiels
Where are all you 'old' spouses these days???!!!! Rachel, Kirsty?????

C x
I'm 53 as of yesterday Shiels, OH is 63. Haven't got zimmer frames yet though!
Old May 25th 2007, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Emma10
Hello Again,

Just a quick question, i keep reading all the posts on this thread and i keep noticing people been asked for further info from there case officer. Are they asking for more evidence of a genuine relationship or is it more info on medical conditions or things to do with police checks.

Were not married and have no children and im concerned our financial commitments are going to let us down.
If were border line on evidence would they let us prove ourselves at an interview?

They did that with us Emma, but at the interview said we still needed more proof. Luckily OH remembered all the stuff he's bought on ebay and had delivered to our house, so we're going to use that as proof he has been living here.

Sending you some karma if I can work out how to do it!
Old May 25th 2007, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Emma10 is an unknown quantity at this point

cool, how was the interview?

How much evidence did you first submit?

We have quite a lot of stuff to prove OH lives in the same house, loads of payslips, inland revenue stuff, bank statements, letters from aus, etc but just worried about joint financial stuff like bills and that.

Weve lived together for nearly 2 years now and the stat decs OH parents wrote were good, im submitting it on Tuesday so will just wait and see.

I just like something to worry about i think!

When did you first send your app off?
Old May 25th 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

I sent ours in March, and was assigned a case officer straight away. Within a few days she asked for more proof of residence, also for meds and police checks. She also said the stat dec I had from my ex, giving permission for us to take our daughter, wan't satisfactory as there was nothing to say the soicitor had seen photographic proof of his ID. That was a real nuisance as he has since decided to be awkward and won't do another, and the solicitor can't remember if he saw ex's passport.
I got the go ahead from AHC to go through the courts for permission to take our daughter. She also extended the deadline which was 49 days. I have a court case next week.
We found more evidence of OH living here and sent that. Then I was asked for an interview and told the evidence didn't cover all the twelve months and I need more. I also felt I didn't give a good impression at the interview. Several points were made that the case officer isn't happy about.
Not having joint accounts or OH on mortgage or council tax is a problem for us. I was asked if I've made provission for OH in my will. I was asked if we were members of anything together.
If you don't have joint bills, maybe you have bank statements that show you both pay the bills, that should do I should think.
I hope I've given you an idea of what you could possibly expect. From what I've heard, most interviews are much more straight forward than mine was.
Good luck with it!
Old May 26th 2007, 2:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can't remember if I've mentioned this in the thread or just elsewhere on the forum -
proof of the address can include club memberships and magazine subscriptions - get some mags delivered addressed to one of you and some to the other; I signed up for a subscription to one using The Blokes address over here when I was in the UK applting for the Pros Spouse. I also joined a club he was in over here and used his address for my membership.

Wills are easy - many people don't bother unless they have a lot of property etc, I certainly didn't, but when it came to visa time someone suggested getting a cheap form from WHS and make a DIY will. You get it witnessed so its all valid, but its just a simple form and all it needs to say is that she bequeaths everything to him, and then do one for him leaving everything to her. Very simple, and very good proof.

Next of kin info provided for work purposes is another good one - I got Personnel to give me a print out of the info they held, which listed the Bloke as "Fiance - next of kin"
Old May 26th 2007, 2:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just found this post in the Immigration forum.........

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...62&postcount=5
Old May 26th 2007, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

ParkbenchUK is an unknown quantity at this point

I Cant Believe it! The postman brought my passportr back today with my spouse visa in it! We sent it on Tueday this week - no emails or telephone calls - just got the passport back this morning.

Thanks to everyone for all of the help and advice

Good Luck to everyone who is still going through the process - its long but worth it

Next Stop Gold Coast!
Old May 26th 2007, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Well done m8 enjoy the future
Old May 26th 2007, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

congratulations

good luck in your new life
Old May 26th 2007, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

wow super quick!! congrats!!
Old May 26th 2007, 8:04 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ParkbenchUK
I Cant Believe it! The postman brought my passportr back today with my spouse visa in it! We sent it on Tueday this week - no emails or telephone calls - just got the passport back this morning.

Thanks to everyone for all of the help and advice

Good Luck to everyone who is still going through the process - its long but worth it

Next Stop Gold Coast!

Brilliant

Whereabouts on the GC are you heading?? C x
Old May 30th 2007, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

hi people..

first couple of questions from me in this thread.. I'm sure there will be a few more as thing's get going...

just been looking through my spouse visa checklist, as i'm going to send it off soon.

It says to make sure I've enclosed form 80, but then contradicts itself by saying only send if requested by processing office... so I leave it out, at first?

and the other thing.. in the personal documents > sponsor checklist bit.. its asking for photocopies of documents to show proof of my partners/sponsors employment over the last 2 years, such as payslips, letters from employers confirming length of employment etc. Problem is, she hasn't been employed for about 3 years.. I've been the sole earner as she's been at home with out little boy. Is this likely to be a problem?

Thanks for any help...

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.