Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Nov 16th 2007, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

peplaing is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by sloane46
Hi don't worry about passport they don't ask you to put it in they usually request it when they are putting the visa in we just thought we would chance our luck as others on spouse visa did put theirs in and got it back with visa in, others just got their passport sent back and it was requested again later.
We are looking at Wyndham Vale/Werribee area, but nothing is set in stone yet. How old are your children? Mine are 7,9,11 and 16. Whereabouts in Melbourne are you hoping to settle?
Panic over!
We are looking at sanctuary lakes, williamstown and a few places on the east, we need to have short commute to CBD as OH is in IT and will be working there. Ours are 11(boy) 7(girl) nearly2 (boy) nearly1 (girl) xx
Old Nov 16th 2007, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

dainty will become famous soon enough

Hi
Been a while since I posted on this thread but just wanted to say we have sent off application for OH's spouse visa on Tuesday and they have taken payment already(fingers crossed all will be ok). I am so excited as it all seems to be coming together now just need to sell house!
Must be making money hand over fist this week - put our in on Tuesday, and they took the money on Wednesday. Of course, we didn't froat load the medicals, they were compeleted today, and should be there by late next week.

Lets hope it all goes really quick!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dainty
Must be making money hand over fist this week - put our in on Tuesday, and they took the money on Wednesday. Of course, we didn't froat load the medicals, they were compeleted today, and should be there by late next week.

Lets hope it all goes really quick!
Hi Dainty, Whereabouts you heading?
Old Nov 16th 2007, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Dainty, Whereabouts you heading?
Well, my parents & brother live in Sydney, but all our friends that we've met in the UK (including old flatmates), live in Melbourne, so that is our most likely destination - as it comes with a social scene of people we already know.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Aussie house have been in touch, e-mail says they are hoping to process visa quickly and just want a few more details which are: certified copies of kids aussie passports or citizenship certificates and a signed 1281 form. More money but will all be worth it in the end. Anyone else got any news?
Old Nov 17th 2007, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

chillibird is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys!!

I'm more of a lurker on this forum, but am currently having an attack of the wobbles!

My husband is the aussie, and we are applying in Singapore. Could not put application in until 15th Oct because of a previous de facto application for another English bird!! Cutting it v fine, as I have already got a job starting in Jan - for which I need to have spouse visa as they are not able to give me a visa themselves. However, high commission said would be "ample" time. Handed in all forms, just have to hand in police checks next week.

Checked with the lady yesterday, and she has not even started looking at my application, still processing August submissions. Asked if there was anyway of speeding up process as have start date 21st Jan and she said no, but give me a copy of the letter. She still has to process everything in date order. Have also noticed that the date stamp they used was still set to the Friday 12th oct instead of 15th, which means according to their records we will have handed in 3 days too early for the 5 year rule - now worried they may reject on those ground so will have to dig out visa reciept to prove date of submission.

Really worried that I won't have a visa in time to start work, and they will never employ me in Sydney again if I can't start on time:curse:

Not sure if anyone can reassure me, but needed a bit of a rant as working with a hangover today also (drinking to forget visa woes!!!).

Hope everyone else is going a bit better than me! What are your timescales like?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:06 am
Just Joined

peplaing is on a distinguished road

I have a fright!

We had medicals on the 9th november and submitted our visa the following week (spouse) recieved an email this morning from Autralia House saying that our medicals had been refered to Sydney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I phoned the medical practice where we had the medicals done and they informed me that all was ok at that they dont know why it has had to be refered!!!! so phoned the case officer (very nice man) he also was unsure as to why it has had to be refered!! the only thing he could see was that Our eldest son was 11 on the 13th november 4 days after medicals (we were informed that as long as they are under11 when they have medicals they do not require an x-ray) the case officer said that as the visa application was not recieved until the 15th November so he was 11 by then! He has advised us to get an x-ray done just in case! (booked for this afternoon!)

I cant stand this not knowing its driving me mad!!

HELP!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Don't know if this helps but I had my meds referred to Sydney too - apprently they do this for any blips at all, from mild asthma upwards, so if anyone has any minor ailments that might explain it....I got my visa OK in the end though, it just held things up by a couple of months whilst it worked through the system in Sydney! (I am a spouse too).
I panicked a bit when I found out mine had been referred, as I didn't know why, but Pollyana explained they do this quite a lot and it isn't anything to worry about. When I had my meds done the Doc said there were no problems, but as I lost a kidney when I was a child the meds had to be referred. doc didn't mention this so it caught me off guard a bit when the CO told me.
Don't worry!
Hope it works out well for you and you have good news soon!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

YIPPEE! Got an E-mail Hubbys spouse visa has been granted Just gotta sell house then Australia watch out here we come!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Poppydreams is on a distinguished road

YIPPEE! Got an E-mail Hubbys spouse visa has been granted Just gotta sell house then Australia watch out here we come!
Congratulations!!!!!!!

That was superquick!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Poppydreams
Congratulations!!!!!!!

That was superquick!!!
Thanks, just waiting for the post now!
Any news on yours yet?
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Poppydreams is on a distinguished road

Thanks, just waiting for the post now!
Any news on yours yet?
No.. heard nothing from them at all. Just sent an email to them to check its progress. Also, looking at the previous posts, I reckon OH's medicals may have been referred to Sydney as well.

Oh well. Just have to see what happens.
But hey - good idea of yours to put the passport in then!!! I wished we had done that as it saves time. Let us know when you get it back!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:14 am
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

CONGRATS!!!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Good to Hear!

We've heard back, and been asked to provide an additional form, an Form 80, which seems to go into more details about the applicants history, such as employment, travel, and living addresses for the past 10 years.. a right pain in the backside to complete - but otherwise things looks good!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Well we have finally got Oh's passport with visa in hand it arrived yesterday
so here is the timeline:
sent application tuesday, payment went out wednesday,e-mail friday requesting cert copies of kids passports and form 1281, Sent requested items on wednesday afternoon, thursday e-mail confirming visa granted, friday e-mail saying passport on its way, Tuesday passport delivered so 2 weeks on the dot.
Hope you all have good news too xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.