Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:54 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by sloane46
Hi
Well we have finally got Oh's passport with visa in hand it arrived yesterday
so here is the timeline:
sent application tuesday, payment went out wednesday,e-mail friday requesting cert copies of kids passports and form 1281, Sent requested items on wednesday afternoon, thursday e-mail confirming visa granted, friday e-mail saying passport on its way, Tuesday passport delivered so 2 weeks on the dot.
Hope you all have good news too xx
and I bet you can't stop looking at the visa?? It's such a good feeling isn't it??
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by fin
and I bet you can't stop looking at the visa?? It's such a good feeling isn't it??
Lol your right at least have stopped kissing it and holding it aloft like a holy grail.....could easily end up in the nuthouse with these visas
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

MORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura about

Hi all in the Spouse Group My name is Liz and I'm the Ozzie and the OH is the pom. We meet whilst I was backpacking and working in the Lake District. Was here for a year and somehow stayed for 11 years!!!! and now its time to go home. We have a beautiful little girl who is very excited about going back to Australia has been on holidays 4 times so knows what to expect. Just preparing our paperwork now for the embassy and hoping that things don't take too long as would like to be home in May 08. Has anyone got any tips that would help us with our visa??? Have seen that some visa have been issued very quickly and hoping this is the same for us.

Just a little nervous about all the things that need doing but keep telling myself to do everything one step at a time. Its scarey looking around the house and realising just how much junk we have collected over the last 11 years. Where do you actually start.......Husband reckons a skip in the back yard would be the best place to start. Look forward to reading everyone's news. Thanks Liz
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

dainty will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MORCPOM1
. Has anyone got any tips that would help us with our visa??? Have seen that some visa have been issued very quickly and hoping this is the same for us.

Just a little nervous about all the things that need doing but keep telling myself to do everything one step at a time. Its scarey looking around the house and realising just how much junk we have collected over the last 11 years. Where do you actually start.......Husband reckons a skip in the back yard would be the best place to start. Look forward to reading everyone's news. Thanks Liz
My Only advice - get the ALL the forms downloaded, and start filling them out as soon as possible, as little things keep popping up unexpectedly (ie a missing australian passport in our case!). It tooks us 3 months to get all our forms completed - the hardest was the form 888 (stat dec from Friends) - but we didn't push the whole form filling process, as we are relaxed about the date we leave.

The only thing I'd really front load (ie get in advance) would be the police checks, as they can take up to 40days to get - the medicals (at least in London) can usually be booked for the next day.

Once the application is in, it should be rather simple if everything is in order (all documentations, and no criminal past, or medical problems), and won't take too long
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Hi all in the Spouse Group My name is Liz and I'm the Ozzie and the OH is the pom. We meet whilst I was backpacking and working in the Lake District. Was here for a year and somehow stayed for 11 years!!!! and now its time to go home. We have a beautiful little girl who is very excited about going back to Australia has been on holidays 4 times so knows what to expect. Just preparing our paperwork now for the embassy and hoping that things don't take too long as would like to be home in May 08. Has anyone got any tips that would help us with our visa??? Have seen that some visa have been issued very quickly and hoping this is the same for us.

Hi Liz
Welcome to the spouse visa thread. I think the best advice for getting your OH's visa through quickly is to front load your application. This means having your medicals and police check done just before you send off application. we also included my husbands passport and had it back with the visa in 2 weeks later.
What part of Australia are you from and are you returning to the same area? I was born in Melbourne, Vic so we plan to move there in June 08 with our 4 kids.
Know what you mean about all the stuff that builds up in the house over the years. I have started by selling a few things on ebay,giving some of the clothes the kids have outgrown to friends and have had a carboot (we made £180), and this was stuff I would normally have just skipped! We have also started negotiating prices for furniture and white goods etc with family and friends and now have a list of whose having what when we finally leave. Anything left after we have packed and shipped a few items is going in my mums garage ready for a final carboot and mum is sending my share of the money over to Aus. Just got to start tackling the paperwork not sure just how much I should throw,but neither do I want to take it all with us. good luck with your visa and move
Sloanex
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Just another thought Liz have you sorted your daughters citizenship by descent/passport yet? I am assuming she was born in the UK?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

MORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura about

Just another thought Liz have you sorted your daughters citizenship by descent/passport yet? I am assuming she was born in the UK?
Yes Daughter has Ozzie passport by descent just the husband to sort out now. If he doesn't get it, will be a long boat ride for him!!!!!!! ha ha
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Liz
Welcome to the spouse visa thread. I think the best advice for getting your OH's visa through quickly is to front load your application. This means having your medicals and police check done just before you send off application. we also included my husbands passport and had it back with the visa in 2 weeks later.
What part of Australia are you from and are you returning to the same area? I was born in Melbourne, Vic so we plan to move there in June 08 with our 4 kids.
Know what you mean about all the stuff that builds up in the house over the years. I have started by selling a few things on ebay,giving some of the clothes the kids have outgrown to friends and have had a carboot (we made £180), and this was stuff I would normally have just skipped! We have also started negotiating prices for furniture and white goods etc with family and friends and now have a list of whose having what when we finally leave. Anything left after we have packed and shipped a few items is going in my mums garage ready for a final carboot and mum is sending my share of the money over to Aus. Just got to start tackling the paperwork not sure just how much I should throw,but neither do I want to take it all with us. good luck with your visa and move
Sloanex
Hi from a town in Central Queensland called Clermont about 3 hours drive from Mackay. We are hoping to move up to Townsville. It a beautiful part of Australia. My mother still lives in Clermont, brother in Dysart and sister in Rockhampton so will be closer to them all.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Hi Liz - I'm in a similar situation! I'm from Rocky originally, but been over here 11 years and taking my English wife back with me...

We're almost ready to send off the app - just waiting on police checks to come back to us and one of the 888's to be filled in by a friend in Brissy.

I'll post how long it all takes - here's hoping there aren't any hiccups!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Poppydreams is on a distinguished road

Hi
Well we have finally got Oh's passport with visa in hand it arrived yesterday
so here is the timeline:
sent application tuesday, payment went out wednesday,e-mail friday requesting cert copies of kids passports and form 1281, Sent requested items on wednesday afternoon, thursday e-mail confirming visa granted, friday e-mail saying passport on its way, Tuesday passport delivered so 2 weeks on the dot.
Hope you all have good news too xx
Sloane - that's fantastic news. I'm so pleased for you!!

We haven't heard anything -not even an email.
Although most of our evidence was posted back to us the other day with the receipt in it. Getting anxious now especially considering how quickly yours was done.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Poppydreams is on a distinguished road

Hi Liz
Welcome!! Not really any further to add - I agree totally what Dainty and Sloane46 have covered. My hubby's visa is still being decided (I'm the Aussie). We also have a daughter (just recently got her Aussie citizenship by descent) who's 4. How old is your daughter?
I also initially came over backpacking and that was 10 years ago!!
Also I have just got my British citizenship so it will be easier to travel between the two countries. Is this something you have already or are considering?
Cheers Poppydreams
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Poppydreams
Hi Liz
Welcome!! Not really any further to add - I agree totally what Dainty and Sloane46 have covered. My hubby's visa is still being decided (I'm the Aussie). We also have a daughter (just recently got her Aussie citizenship by descent) who's 4. How old is your daughter?
I also initially came over backpacking and that was 10 years ago!!
Also I have just got my British citizenship so it will be easier to travel between the two countries. Is this something you have already or are considering?
Cheers Poppydreams
Hi Poppydreams,

Little girl is 9 and very excited only because she wants to get a kitten I have the Right of Abode as my mother was originally from Leistershire. (£10 Pom) so have been able to travel between both countries fairly easily. Had more trouble with Aussie Passport in Tunisia didn't think I would be allowed to enter. But a little Aussie charm and lots of good luck finally got a stamp. That was the start of a holiday from hell, should of turned back at the airport!!!! Are you excited to be going home or like me a little nervous? Should be change from sunny old Morecambe.Cheers Liz
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by James516
Hi Liz - I'm in a similar situation! I'm from Rocky originally, but been over here 11 years and taking my English wife back with me...

We're almost ready to send off the app - just waiting on police checks to come back to us and one of the 888's to be filled in by a friend in Brissy.

I'll post how long it all takes - here's hoping there aren't any hiccups!
My sister lives on the road to Emu Park has a farm out that way. Do we need to have the police clearance done before sending the application off. Thought that DIMA sent for this at a later stage??? What about the Medical or is this what they send for later in application. Have re-read the form so much starting to second guess myself. Not even sent the application form off yet. Cheers Liz
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Everyone, Just been reading all the threads and starting to get a bit freaked out. Need some information please. Okay hope you are all sitting comfortable this could take some time. Firstly do I need to apply for Police Clearance and Medical before lodging the application form or do I wait til the DIMA request this information. If I wait what will this mean for our application. Also who can sign the photocopies can it be a teacher with over 5 years service?? If not have really stuffed up and had forms signed wrong OH SHIT!!!! God will be a nervous wreck by the time these forms are actually ready for sending. Last question have been married for 8 years have written our declarations about each other, have 6 stat decs 4 from friends in UK and 2 from Australia one being from my brother. Have joint bank statements have travelled many times together. Have loads of joint letters but not yet got our wills finalized. Do I need to put a copy of our wills in? House is only in husbands name bought before we meet. Have bought cars together and have insurance documents in each others favour. Should this be enough information?? All help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone Liz(oz)
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone, Just been reading all the threads and starting to get a bit freaked out. Need some information please. Okay hope you are all sitting comfortable this could take some time. Firstly do I need to apply for Police Clearance and Medical before lodging the application form or do I wait til the DIMA request this information. If I wait what will this mean for our application. Also who can sign the photocopies can it be a teacher with over 5 years service?? If not have really stuffed up and had forms signed wrong OH SHIT!!!! God will be a nervous wreck by the time these forms are actually ready for sending. Last question have been married for 8 years have written our declarations about each other, have 6 stat decs 4 from friends in UK and 2 from Australia one being from my brother. Have joint bank statements have travelled many times together. Have loads of joint letters but not yet got our wills finalized. Do I need to put a copy of our wills in? House is only in husbands name bought before we meet. Have bought cars together and have insurance documents in each others favour. Should this be enough information?? All help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone Liz(oz)
welcome, remember the first rule of visa application, calm down and breathe, then reach for the bottle of wine
the supporting evidence you have seems fine to me, i would check the list of approved signatories as i cant remember if a teacher was on the list, and no need for wills.
i would apply for police checks now, as someone said they can take 40 days, and arrange for your medicals to be carried out , the info is sent straight from the doctors to australia house and they hold it till your application arrives, when it is tied up via passport numbers (I think)
we decided to apply in march and arrived in oz in sept, so it can be done on a short time frame.
ps. we are also in townsville, if you end up here or think you will ,pm me if i can help in any way

good luck with it all !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.