Smokers

Old Mar 20th 2008, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smokers

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Well, weak-willed just-an-excuse-for-another symbolic gestures be damned, I haven't had one ... the sooner this thing starts the better, ain't no backward steps, etc, etc ...

I have a pack in my bag with 6 just waiting to be smoked and I have absolutely no intention of sparking one up.

I might wait until I see a smoker that I don't like the look of and give them away
Good on yer

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
I read the Allen Carr book a while back and had a few goes at quitting before succeeding about 5 years ago, which was probably about 2 years after reading his book.

I think the book's success comes from spelling out just what a con smoking is and how smokers are being manipulated by the drug pushers (tobacco companies).

I'm Scottish you see so hate being conned...

Aye, I'm Yorkshire so not far behind you in the tightness stakes
Old Mar 20th 2008, 5:53 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
I read the Allen Carr book a while back and had a few goes at quitting before succeeding about 5 years ago, which was probably about 2 years after reading his book.

I think the book's success comes from spelling out just what a con smoking is and how smokers are being manipulated by the drug pushers (tobacco companies).

I'm Scottish you see so hate being conned...
Aye, the 'slave' thing always bothered me too.

It's amazing the lengths you'll go to in order to justify the indefensible. The Carr angle on 'no replacements/gum/patches, etc' is also a good one ... I can see people will most likely succeed despite these, not because of.

I was looking at those 'Nicobate' things in the petrol station the other day, my God someone is making some serious cash ...
Old Mar 20th 2008, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

I attended an Allan Carr session on Sunday 16th. I'd read his book previously and also bought another specifcally aimed at women but just found that there never seemed a 'right time' to pack in.

However since Sunday Ive not had one. Ive had a few pangs and felt a bit 'tetchy' but todate theres 20 quid in the jar, I only need to wash my hair every other day and I feel 'fresher'

I was smiling like a Cheshire cat last night as I walked out of Tesco without visiting the fag counter yah!!!!!

regards lolly
Old Mar 20th 2008, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by lollyno1
I attended an Allan Carr session on Sunday 16th. I'd read his book previously and also bought another specifcally aimed at women but just found that there never seemed a 'right time' to pack in.

However since Sunday Ive not had one. Ive had a few pangs and felt a bit 'tetchy' but todate theres 20 quid in the jar, I only need to wash my hair every other day and I feel 'fresher'

I was smiling like a Cheshire cat last night as I walked out of Tesco without visiting the fag counter yah!!!!!

regards lolly
Good stuff

I bought a music mag (occasional guilty pleasure) with the money I saved ... and they only charged me the pounds/pence equivalent ... double bonus
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

OMG - so many people now and doing so well at this - good luck all of you!

I gave up 12 years ago and I know how hard it is. I went 'cold turkey' too. Loads of people I know tried the patches but couldn't give up. Does make you wonder if they are a con too.....

Keep going folks - after 2 weeks you will no longer be addicted to the nicotine. The rest is just habit.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:19 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep I had tried all the replacement stuff and, if anything, they just made me think about smoking even more.... Nearly 2 years free of the weed now though thanks to the book.

Well done all of you for becoming free of those evil little things.

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by Fly Away
OMG - so many people now and doing so well at this - good luck all of you!

I gave up 12 years ago and I know how hard it is. I went 'cold turkey' too. Loads of people I know tried the patches but couldn't give up. Does make you wonder if they are a con too.....

Keep going folks - after 2 weeks you will no longer be addicted to the nicotine. The rest is just habit.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

3 Weeks today and not a singel puff!!!!

How you going Wendy ??

Amanda

Waist band on me trousers feels a bit tight though
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flowergal

How you going Wendy ??

Amanda

Well done Amanda!

So proud of you! I'm sure that you will never smoke again now.

I bet you smell lovely now too. When you smoke, you don't realise that you smell of smoke.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flowergal

How you going Wendy ??

Amanda

I'm doing great too, it's been 17 days for me now. I'm very proud of myself
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'm doing great too, it's been 17 days for me now. I'm very proud of myself
Woohoo Wendy! Well done. You're no longer an addict! I didn't dare ask in case you'd fallen off the wagon.

The hardest part is over for you and Flowergal now.

Don't do what I did - I had given up for a year or so, went out with some friends I hadn't seen for a long time, had a few drinks, one of them offered me a ciggy - as they didn't know I had given up and genuinely out of habit, I took it. Just about to light it, when I though 'what the hell am I doing' and gave it back to them. I had forgotten that I didn't smoke. Very strange.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Woohoo Wendy! Well done. You're no longer an addict! I didn't dare ask in case you'd fallen off the wagon.

The hardest part is over for you and Flowergal now.

Don't do what I did - I had given up for a year or so, went out with some friends I hadn't seen for a long time, had a few drinks, one of them offered me a ciggy - as they didn't know I had given up and genuinely out of habit, I took it. Just about to light it, when I though 'what the hell am I doing' and gave it back to them. I had forgotten that I didn't smoke. Very strange.

I keep forgetting as well.

My OH is still smoking, so I have to be really careful not to reach out for the fags and light one out of habit
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

Well done Wendy

Im saving the money that I would have spent of fags towards a holiday, I wonder where it will take me ?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:06 am

My OH is still smoking, so I have to be really careful not to reach out for the fags and light one out of habit
Still got 6 in the pack in my rucksack ... I'm breaking an Allen Carr rule so I really should discard my 'emergency' fags ... no desire to light one though

My stools have also become more regular and more satisfying since I quit ... such unforseen benefits ...
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Wendy. It must be quite tempting if OH is still smoking. Its been 11 days now for me, love the fact I dont wake up with sticky skin (that's how I describe it) and dont have to wash my hair every day.

Ive also increased my work rate at the gym and can complete a session without coughing my guts up..,yeahh

good luck to the rest of you.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lollyno1
Well done Wendy. It must be quite tempting if OH is still smoking. Its been 11 days now for me, love the fact I dont wake up with sticky skin (that's how I describe it) and dont have to wash my hair every day.

Ive also increased my work rate at the gym and can complete a session without coughing my guts up..,yeahh

good luck to the rest of you.

And well done you

I can honestly say I haven't been tempted at all - but after saying that every now and then I do reach for them not because I want one, I just forget that I don't smoke any more It's been a part of my life for so long now that it really is just habit of lighting a fag whenever I am bored.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.