Reload this Page >

Scottish Independence

Scottish Independence

Old Jan 14th 2012, 9:05 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scottish Independence

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ependence.html

Looks like the English want shot of them.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 4:32 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, well, well, reading these posts makes me want to vote for independence if this is what the majority of the English think of us

For the record am proddy, hubby catholic, all our families/cousins/friends in the same boat, and i would harbor a bet religion wont come into it when it comes to voting for independence, they are all passionate members of the SNP and will vote yes, yes, yes.

and with much annoyance to my killie loving husband, i love celtic!
Old Jan 15th 2012, 4:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Well, well, well, reading these posts makes me want to vote for independence if this is what the majority of the English think of us

For the record am proddy, hubby catholic, all our families/cousins/friends in the same boat, and i would harbor a bet religion wont come into it when it comes to voting for independence, they are all passionate members of the SNP and will vote yes, yes, yes.

and with much annoyance to my killie loving husband, i love celtic!
Perhaps the English are finally getting fed up of hearing "It's all your fault"?
Old Jan 15th 2012, 4:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Perhaps the English are finally getting fed up of hearing "It's all your fault"?
certainly according to the posts on here they are! , but must say i am shocked at the anti-Scottish sentiment on here, when asked what nationality i am here, i always say British, but sounds like the English would take exception to a scot calling themselves British.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 4:48 am
Account Closed

certainly according to the posts on here they are! , but must say i am shocked at the anti-Scottish sentiment on here, when asked what nationality i am here, i always say British, but sounds like the English would take exception to a scot calling themselves British.
If that's the case, then you would be, from memory, the first Scot I've ever heard say they were British. It's always Scottish first and British second, if at all, from my personal experience.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 5:42 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

How many decades of being badmouthed does it take for people to get sick of it?

There's long been a chip on the scottish shoulder which has resulted in near continuous bile coming from north of the border. Those who consider themselves 'British' get drowned out. It should be no shock that those in England who keep hearing the whining will get annoyed by it eventually.

Personally I think scotland is in a better place as part of the union, but if they want to go their own way they have to realise its not going to be a pretty and amicable divorce - particularly when you've got muppets like Salmond saying that 'of course they want custody of RBS, and to tax it in scotland, but the debt the bank is floating on should remain in England'. Yeah right, what a little *******.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 9:22 am
Account Closed

If that's the case, then you would be, from memory, the first Scot I've ever heard say they were British. It's always Scottish first and British second, if at all, from my personal experience.
To be fair , i only started saying that once i emigrated I realised I genuinely missed British things
Old Jan 15th 2012, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Well, am outta this Scottish hating thread cya I used to argue on BE, but nowadays i cant be arsed! but you'll be pleased to hear, i will be voting for independence.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP

There's long been a chip on the scottish shoulder which has resulted in near continuous bile coming from north of the border. Those who consider themselves 'British' get drowned out. It should be no shock that those in England who keep hearing the whining will get annoyed by it eventually.

Personally I think scotland is in a better place as part of the union, but if they want to go their own way they have to realise its not going to be a pretty and amicable divorce - particularly when you've got muppets like Salmond saying that 'of course they want custody of RBS, and to tax it in scotland, but the debt the bank is floating on should remain in England'. Yeah right, what a little *******.
Just let them go bust, do you think the majority of the shares are held in Scotland?

Probably not
Old Jan 15th 2012, 9:46 am
Account Closed

Well, am outta this Scottish hating thread cya I used to argue on BE, but nowadays i cant be arsed! but you'll be pleased to hear, i will be voting for independence.
Are they setting a polling station up in Melbourne then?
Old Jan 15th 2012, 9:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Just let them go bust, do you think the majority of the shares are held in Scotland?

Probably not
Shares maybe not. How about staff?
Old Jan 15th 2012, 9:55 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 15th 2012, 9:59 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

They'll have to close the pubs on polling day of course
Old Jan 15th 2012, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Shares maybe not. How about staff?
RBS has 700 odd branches in Scotland
Natwest has 1500 odd branches in England.

All the "traders" are based in London.

Try again.

Far, far more English people stood to lose from The RBS Group going bust than Scottish.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 10:09 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP

Perfectly summised by this quote from the Telegraph's article

"Nationalist politicians have attacked Mr Cameron for "bullying" Scots over an independence vote.

Stewart Hosie, the SNP MP who is his party's chief whip at Westminster, said: "Every step the anti-independence parties have taken since Cameron's chaotic intervention ... has done nothing but boost support for independence and ensuring that the people of Scotland are able to see decisions taken about what's best for Scotland in Scotland."
The divorce analogy is perfect here, as this is like one partner threatening for years and years to leave only for the other partner to draw up the papers and then get accused of bullying them into it.

The divorce is mutual, if they genuinely want it then it will affect both countries and therefore England has every right to name its timing terms. You can't say to someone "I want a divorce, but only when it suits me"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.