Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:33 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Originally Posted by eddie007
You should be fine so long as you dont quote him..... Or he doesnt quote you...

I used to debug programs in the 80s... They'd give me a program to use and I'd eddie proof it....

Similar to idiot proofing... Very very similar to idiot proofing
I think I saw a film about that.
Idiot Proof Fence.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I think I saw a film about that.
Idiot Proof Fence.
I also used to write "Idiot guides" for the bespoke software we produced... Sorry... "User guides"

Did you read that book as well as see the film?????
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:43 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
I also used to write "Idiot guides" for the bespoke software we produced... Sorry... "User guides"

Did you read that book as well as see the film?????
I did, I did.
Did you have to learn Chinese before writing it?
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I did, I did.
Did you have to learn Chinese before writing it?
No, We used DEC..BASIC So I had to learn American... A language singularly more complicated than chinese.... Never quite got the nuances of the language...

Last edited by eddie007; Nov 8th 2011 at 5:07 am.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I have a 15 year old boy who is far less than 100% perfect and have no sympathy for this family or their situation.

My son wanted to go to Bali and we said no. Not with us, not with his friends, not while he was under 18 and in our care. Once he's an adult I can't stop him from going where he likes, but while he is still a child I have enough sense not to take him to a country where possession of drugs could lead to his spending the rest of his life in prison. I know Indonesia is a third world country with very strict drugs laws and I know my child smokes marijuana. I also know my son is stupid enough and still immature enough to think he can do what he likes and get away with it.

I find it reprehensible that these parents have taken their child (who they admitted they knew used drugs here) to a country where drugs are so easily available and which has such strict laws and left him unsupervised. I find it equally reprehensible that they now are claiming he is an addict so he can use his "addiction" as a get-out-of-jail-free card. It's a slap in the face to true drug addicts IMO.

This 14 year old has shown no remorse for his crime unless it suits him. When he was first arrested he posted pictures of himself on Facebook with a smile on his face from the police station. Now, after his parents have signed a lucrative deal with the TV networks and magazines he cries in court and says he knows he was wrong? Sorry, but I'm not buying it. I agree with the posters here and the commenters on the news story who have said that they Australian government should stop this payout from happening and that he should be sentenced to prison like any other person who breaks the law. Just because the sentence is not what he would have received here does not mean that he should not have to abide by the laws of the country he's in.
Agree with you totally