Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:50 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Well, since children's court proceedings are not publicized there is no link. However, from my own personal experience I can assure you that yes, adolescents here are locked up for minor offences. In the case I have experience of the youth was sentenced to 3 months detention for graffiti.
So basically you have no evidence that kids the same age as the one in Bali are locked up and kept under the same conditions as the kid in Bali
Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:53 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
exactly. they are taking the money to pay for the expense this has caused. Who has money in the bank to pay a lawyer and bodyguards, never mind bribery of the guards which is all too common in this third world country

I defy anyone who's child is in this situation to turn away the cash they need to fight for their kids freedom. Sanctamonous? Not arf

Oh boy, you have one helluva shock coming to you when your little darlings turn 14yo

That's cos kids in first world countries aren't thrown into the clink for this kind of minor offence

me neither. The bombings and the way they have delt with this kind of crap with a kid being treated like a mass murderer just goes to show how behind the times they are. However this is their law and we like it or lump it Personally for me and mine this lot are far too backward. I'd rather go to somewhere where their laws are more in line with first world legal expectations...

And that's what's happened. They have made up a story of him being a user just so he can be freed on this basis. It seems some people have taken this literally and not understood this strategic move and why the parents had no option to do this and some people have condemned him accordingly

This kid was without a doubt an idiot... but he doesn't deserve the shit he's received in the backward country his family decided to holiday in, that's for sure
So they should have just ignored their own laws and sent him home. Right, so what happens to the next one, and the next one - because others would surely follow if there was no consequence? It does not matter what we think of their laws - it is their law! If you don't agree with them, or want to abide by them, don't go.

We do not have the monopoly on being correct - or do we live in a perfect society that proves otherwise?
Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:12 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheene
So they should have just ignored their own laws and sent him home. Right, so what happens to the next one, and the next one - because others would surely follow if there was no consequence? It does not matter what we think of their laws - it is their law! If you don't agree with them, or want to abide by them, don't go.

We do not have the monopoly on being correct - or do we live in a perfect society that proves otherwise?
Have you read my posts?

One of the reasons I wouldn't subject my family to their backward country is because it is their law and as such we'd have to abide by it. Who said anything otherwise
Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
I would lie through my teeth to get my son out of a Bali jail, I'd swap places with him in a flash... I'd say he had a raging heroin habit if it would get him home... And his only real hope of getting out would be the addict excuse...

Yes I'd murder the lttle barsteward once we get home... But I'd do what ever it took to get him home for me to deal wih
So lets say if your son was accused of raping someone in Bali would you lie through your teeth and say that he was with you at the time ,to keep him out of a Bali jail.?
Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:17 am

Have you read my posts?

One of the reasons I wouldn't subject my family to their backward country is because it is their law and as such we'd have to abide by it. Who said anything otherwise
My mistake. When you said:

"This kid was without a doubt an idiot... but he doesn't deserve the shit he's received in the backward country his family decided to holiday in, that's for sure"

I assumed you thought they were wrong in applying their laws.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:18 am

My mistake. When you said:

"This kid was without a doubt an idiot... but he doesn't deserve the shit he's received in the backward country his family decided to holiday in, that's for sure"

I assumed you thought they were wrong in applying their laws.
Never assume anything

They were right to apply their laws. Their laws stink.

Two different things mate
Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by irishbloo
So lets say if your son was accused of raping someone in Bali would you lie through your teeth and say that he was with you at the time ,to keep him out of a Bali jail.?
Jebus christ.....rape and buying some gange for a spliff are two different accusations

Next he'll be measured against a mass murderer.....
Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Jebus christ.....rape and buying some gange for a spliff are two different accusations

Next he'll be measured against a mass murderer.....
I am aware that they are two different accusations.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:31 am

Never assume anything

They were right to apply their laws. Their laws stink.

Two different things mate
What you think of their laws is neither here nor there. I think the 100km speed limit in NZ is ridiculous - that wouldn't really wash with the police if I was caught speeding.

So you are right, two different things, half your argument is relevant, the other half is irrelevant.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:34 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Each country decides the laws of their land whether it be a democracy or dictatorship of some kind.

Outsiders may disagree and there are of course ways they can use to influence that country to change or adapt their laws or indeed ways they can force them to do so.

However my personal opinion is that recreational drug taking of any kind is not a minor offense.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I am aware that they are two different accusations.
Then why raise it? They are so far apart you can't compare

What you think of their laws is neither here nor there. I think the 100km speed limit in NZ is ridiculous - that wouldn't really wash with the police if I was caught speeding.

So you are right, two different things, half your argument is relevant, the other half is irrelevant.
Ergo your accusations were totally irrelevant.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:41 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

However my personal opinion is that recreational drug taking of any kind is not a minor offense.
Yet, spelling 'offense' with an 's' rather than a 'c' suggests you are as high as a kite.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Yet, spelling 'offense' with an 's' rather than a 'c' suggests you are as high as a kite.
and the fact he can still spell some words means it was a crap spliff
Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:47 am

Then why raise it? They are so far apart you can't compare

Ergo your accusations were totally irrelevant.

No, my hypothesis (singular) that your viewpoint on their laws is irrelevant remains valid.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:51 am

No, my hypothesis (singular) that your viewpoint on their laws is irrelevant remains valid.
are you a teacher or in HR?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.