Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Old Nov 6th 2011, 9:10 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
So basically you have no evidence that kids the same age as the one in Bali are locked up and kept under the same conditions as the kid in Bali
That was not your question. You stated that they don't lock kids up here for minor offences. You said nothing about Indoesian prison conditions.

And yes, I do have evidence. Do you have evidence that they don't? (see? I can use bold type too!)
Old Nov 6th 2011, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I think I saw on the news this morning (only think, as I was in a rush) that the media deal is off. This is good as it did the lad no favours, better to keep a low profile.
The families 'celebrity agent' - oh dear - says the deal is off. Yeah probably till he gets back here and does a photo shoot too

Seemed to happen just after the indonesian courts said they were informed of the deal and words to the effect of money changing hands would not be looked at favourably.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

janer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NedKelly
To be honest I don't know why anyone wants to go to Bali anyway. It's a sh1t hole.
I agree. I went there for a week a couple of years ago and was not overly impressed. Bali is always in the news for bad reasons. Look at the woman that nearly died from drinking alcohol laced with some sort of poison. Dodgy!
Old Nov 6th 2011, 10:41 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janer
I agree. I went there for a week a couple of years ago and was not overly impressed. Bali is always in the news for bad reasons. Look at the woman that nearly died from drinking alcohol laced with some sort of poison. Dodgy!
I believe that was Lombok. Please boycott Lombok too.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:05 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That was not your question. You stated that they don't lock kids up here for minor offences. You said nothing about Indoesian prison conditions.

And yes, I do have evidence. Do you have evidence that they don't? (see? I can use bold type too!)
Apologies as the bold was to focus on the evidence....as opposed to hearsay..
I said this......
That's cos kids in first world countries aren't thrown into the clink for this kind of minor offence
Then you said this.....
Oh yes they do.
Then I said this.....
Really? For the same kind of offence?

Linkey doo da's please mate
Then you said this.....
Well, since children's court proceedings are not publicized there is no link. However, from my own personal experience I can assure you that yes, adolescents here are locked up for minor offences. In the case I have experience of the youth was sentenced to 3 months detention for graffiti.
Then I said this....
So basically you have no evidence that kids the same age as the one in Bali are locked up and kept under the same conditions as the kid in Bali
My point was kids in first world countries are not treated the same way as this kid in Bali in terms of the crime and punishment. You said they are but had not evidence to demonstrate this which at this point is just heresay so I did the bold to demonstrate we need a link or evidence, which you couldn't provide. It wasn't meant to be rude, so apologies for that.

Maybe you can provide evidence kids that kids in first world countries are treated the same in terms of crime and punishment as this kid in Bali
Old Nov 7th 2011, 8:40 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies as the bold was to focus on the evidence....as opposed to hearsay..
I said this......

Then you said this.....

Then I said this.....

Then you said this.....

Then I said this....

My point was kids in first world countries are not treated the same way as this kid in Bali in terms of the crime and punishment. You said they are but had not evidence to demonstrate this which at this point is just heresay so I did the bold to demonstrate we need a link or evidence, which you couldn't provide. It wasn't meant to be rude, so apologies for that.

Maybe you can provide evidence kids that kids in first world countries are treated the same in terms of crime and punishment as this kid in Bali
Well since I can't provide a link to my son's court proceedings or sentencing I must obviously be lying about children being sent to prison for minor offences. I could give you the names of other parents whose childen have also been sentenced to jail terms for minor offences such as possession of a few grams of marijuana, but I would have to respect their parents' (and their) privacy.

And I stand by my assertion that you did not say anything about kids in first world countries being treated to the same conditions they are in Indonesia. You said "That's cos kids in first world countries aren't thrown into the clink for this kind of minor offence" If you had said that they are not subjected to Indonesian style prison for minor offences I may have agreed with you.

<snip>

Last edited by Sue; Nov 7th 2011 at 1:32 pm. Reason: Little bit snipped out to keep on topic. Thanks
Old Nov 7th 2011, 9:23 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see any of the deleted posts but I suspect this thread has run its course.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 9:30 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
I didn't see any of the deleted posts but I suspect this thread has run its course.
Agree mate.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I would hope that the thread keeps running so long as the issue is outstanding and that other issues dont sideline it or get the thread closed...

Its serves as a reminder that parents arent perfect and young teens are naive and are at risk of total stupidity....

I have friends who have teenagers and have changed their family holiday plans from Bali... because they are honest enough to admit that they can't 100% GUARANTEE their kids wouldnt be stupid in one way or another... Holidays for them is a time to relax and a time for a bit of freedom .... Not looking over thier shoulders and supergluing a 16 and 14 year old to their sides for the entire 10 days....

There appears to be a lot of "blame the parents" sentiment expressed relating to this kid.. I think they blame themselves enough without others condemning them...
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Bix;9720083]
Originally Posted by eddie007

I bet neither of them can remember saying that.

We now seem to have a hybrid which I suppose will be named Dorddie or Eddothy.

I know they are both from Perth but they are individuals in their own inimitable way. No offence ladies. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...es/biggrin.gif

I'm glad my <snip> was more successful.
OMG Dorothy and I are becoming perthford clones.... I think the vasectomy requires a reversal and Then a thorough cauterisation....
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OMG Dorothy and I are becoming perthford clones.... I think the vasectomy requires a reversal and Then a thorough cauterisation....
And now Bix has become ME

WTF is going on??????

Last edited by moneypenny20; Nov 8th 2011 at 5:00 am. Reason: MP to the rescue but now none of it makes sense.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:12 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

And now Bix has become ME

WTF is going on??????
I didn't feel a thing.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Nov 8th 2011 at 5:01 am. Reason: Really, it's not complicated!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:14 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I didn't feel a thing.
If this turns out to be a mind meld phenomenom there are going to be some very interesting characters about.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Nov 8th 2011 at 5:02 am. Reason: ...
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:15 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

As long as I don't end up as commonwealth, that'd be a right pain in the arse
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You should be fine so long as you dont quote him..... Or he doesnt quote you...

I used to debug programs in the 80s... They'd give me a program to use and I'd eddie proof it....

Similar to idiot proofing... Very very similar to idiot proofing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.