Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

View Poll Results: Rugby World Cup 2011 - Who will win?
New Zealand
30.91%
Australia
8.18%
South Africa
12.73%
England
17.27%
Ireland
5.45%
France
2.73%
Scotland
2.73%
Argentina
0.91%
Wales
8.18%
Fiji
1.82%
Samoa
0.91%
Italy
1.82%
Bizarre Outcome
6.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Old Oct 8th 2011, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

I am sniggering so far...
Probably won't last though.
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
Old Oct 8th 2011, 8:25 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Sloppy handling, poor tackling and no discipline in the forwards. You can give the jocks and Argies those chances but it will not win a world cup. England tend to turn the screws second half but 16 points is probably too much.

Tuilagi is great though.

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
They were OK in the first 5 mins and I permitted myself to breathe....even before the first French try I was comfortable...

But...sloppy handling has been an offence not just discipline.

They take the ball up a few times - then fail to get the ball out to the rest of the 3/4 and use it...
Old Oct 8th 2011, 8:29 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
Sloppy handling, poor tackling and no discipline in the forwards. You can give the jocks and Argies those chances but it will not win a world cup. England tend to turn the screws second half but 16 points is probably too much.

Tuilagi is great though.
Dunno if they 'turn the screws' of whether that's just fitness. Bugger - Mr TE is a French-Scot and is paying for dinner if he doesn't stop his taunts.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 8:30 am

It is a comedy of errors.

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
I am sniggering so far...
Probably won't last though.
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
Old Oct 8th 2011, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Dunno if they 'turn the screws' of whether that's just fitness. Bugger - Mr TE is a French-Scot and is paying for dinner if he doesn't stop his taunts.
There's going to be one unhappy Pom in this household! And it ain't gonna be me
Old Oct 8th 2011, 8:35 am

It is more like they warm up, play as a team and catch the ball.

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:22 am

Well done France. If england had played well I would be sad but they were shite.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:25 am

Ok I am a bit off. Make skippies and Argies.

Ireland
England
Boks
NZ

The boks will do it if it rains and they play dirty. I am not surprised if all want England gone but it makes each win better.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:26 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

England were better in the second half but first 40 was just silly... Never mind try again in 4 yrs time!
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:29 am
Banned

Wanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to all

Anticipating France play rugby is like opening one of their champagne bottles - you never quite know whats going to happen until you 'pop the cork'!

Well done France - can they do it again in the 'semis'?
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:31 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
due to the uncivilised hour I only caught from the last Welsh try onwards. Great defence from Wales now COME ON ENGLAND!!! Time to give the cheese eating surrender monkeys a sound thrashing After winding up their forwards, again
You were saying
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:36 am

They can but will the same team turn up? I just want the best northern hemisphere team to win. Allez les frogs or taffs.

Originally Posted by Wanderer5
Anticipating France play rugby is like opening one of their champagne bottles - you never quite know whats going to happen until you 'pop the cork'!

Well done France - can they do it again in the 'semis'?
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:39 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Well done France. If england had played well I would be sad but they were shite.
Aye, no team that plays like they did in the 1st half deserves to progress.

I hope Wales win it now.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:48 am

Mystic Meg what do you predict for tomorrow?
Originally Posted by Bernieboy
You were saying
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:53 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mystic Meg what do you predict for tomorrow?
A bright sunny day celebrating a wonderful French win,dinner with my family and a young lady,Saffers to beat the wallibies,NZ also to win

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.