Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

View Poll Results: Rugby World Cup 2011 - Who will win?
New Zealand
30.91%
Australia
8.18%
South Africa
12.73%
England
17.27%
Ireland
5.45%
France
2.73%
Scotland
2.73%
Argentina
0.91%
Wales
8.18%
Fiji
1.82%
Samoa
0.91%
Italy
1.82%
Bizarre Outcome
6.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Old Oct 8th 2011, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Oooooo I feel hungover and have vague memories of booking flights to nz next weekend ............ Cmmon wales!!!!!!!
Old Oct 8th 2011, 6:37 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Never thought I would sat this but "C'mon France"
Old Oct 8th 2011, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

What a coincidence, I spent a long time shouting the same thing yesterday lol
Old Oct 8th 2011, 8:10 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by odyssey
What a coincidence, I spent a long time shouting the same thing yesterday lol
And I will be shouting it next Saturday

p.s England would have destroyed Wales.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

England were rubbish- slack discipline and shabby kicking.They had conceded penalties all through the tournament and not converted their own- you can't expect to win like that. I couldn't watch the game. OH did, and he is a happy bunny, as not only did Wales win but the English got beaten.

I don't believe that England in their current form would have beaten Wales.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 8:48 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
England were rubbish- slack discipline and shabby kicking.They had conceded penalties all through the tournament and not converted their own- you can't expect to win like that. I couldn't watch the game. OH did, and he is a happy bunny, as not only did Wales win but the English got beaten.

I don't believe that England in their current form would have beaten Wales.
I do, Wales played a poor Ireland, England played a very good French side who could actually win it to be honest.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthbum
And I will be shouting it next Saturday

p.s England would have destroyed Wales.
That's rubbish, Wales have looked the fittest and most composed of all the NH teams at this tournament, Ireland put the Welsh under enormous pressure for 60 minutes but could not fluster them. The Irish played very well actually but were beaten by a fitter more composed team. The Welsh would have rather played England next week as England are weaker than i have seen them in a very very long time.

Cymru am byth!
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

I do, Wales played a poor Ireland, England played a very good French side who could actually win it to be honest.
Did you really watch the games? Ireland poor? France very good???
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:38 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

France were excellent and England were just ill disciplined.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 10:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No way were Ireland poor, Wales were just better, simple as that. Ireland have played fantastically all the way though, but so have Wales, and when it mattered Wales were the better team.
As for the England - France match, personally I think England were poor, and France better. Whether they are good enough to go all the way remains to be seen but I certainly don't think they were amazing, both Ireland and Wales have been playing better than them.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No way were Ireland poor, Wales were just better, simple as that. Ireland have played fantastically all the way though, but so have Wales, and when it mattered Wales were the better team.
As for the England - France match, personally I think England were poor, and France better. Whether they are good enough to go all the way remains to be seen but I certainly don't think they were amazing, both Ireland and Wales have been playing better than them.
I agree entirely with this autopsy.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 11:52 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Right from the first game the welsh proved how good a team they were going to be
Unlike other teams their heads dont go down when things dont go their way in a game
People forget how everyone sat up and took notice of the welsh after that first game
And they proved they are not lucky but a good hard working solid team
They dont seem to get rattled like scotland and england and play their game plan
They play to their stregnths
I would love to see the welsh win it
In my opinion they are a nation that wont gloat
And would carry the winning with pride
Its great to see a team who dont expect to win taking it all in their stride.
Even if this is as far as they get
They did that without cheating, whinging or excuses!
And that alone will make them the best and the proudest team of the Home nations
Well done the Welsh!
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:27 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
Right from the first game the welsh proved how good a team they were going to be
Unlike other teams their heads dont go down when things dont go their way in a game
People forget how everyone sat up and took notice of the welsh after that first game
And they proved they are not lucky but a good hard working solid team
They dont seem to get rattled like scotland and england and play their game plan
They play to their stregnths
I would love to see the welsh win it
In my opinion they are a nation that wont gloat
And would carry the winning with pride
Its great to see a team who dont expect to win taking it all in their stride.
Even if this is as far as they get
They did that without cheating, whinging or excuses!
And that alone will make them the best and the proudest team of the Home nations
Well done the Welsh!
Wales' defence was outstanding, they gave virtually nothing away in easy spots for kicks, and kept Ireland wide. Considering the wind and ROG in the side, Ireland should have kept the game more in the middle, but Wales managed to push them wide every time.

Wales look a good chance for the winners if no one can figure out how to keep the game in the centre of the park against them. Particularly if the wind keeps blowing.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

DibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Burbage
Wales' defence was outstanding, they gave virtually nothing away in easy spots for kicks, and kept Ireland wide. Considering the wind and ROG in the side, Ireland should have kept the game more in the middle, but Wales managed to push them wide every time.

Wales look a good chance for the winners if no one can figure out how to keep the game in the centre of the park against them. Particularly if the wind keeps blowing.
^what he said
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:46 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think France played that well. England were just a lot worse and let them get off to too good a start. They just did not dictate field position in the first 25 mins and in the end that is what won France the match. I also haven't seen England defend that badly for a long time. Those tries were pretty weak.

But we deserved to lose that game. Based on the two performances to-date France would have lost to both Ireland and Wales I think.

As much as I can't stand the French I do want to see it go to the Northern Hemisphere and I think the French have the better game to beat the Southern Hemisphere teams, as much as I'd like to see Wales go all the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.