Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

View Poll Results: Rugby World Cup 2011 - Who will win?
New Zealand
30.91%
Australia
8.18%
South Africa
12.73%
England
17.27%
Ireland
5.45%
France
2.73%
Scotland
2.73%
Argentina
0.91%
Wales
8.18%
Fiji
1.82%
Samoa
0.91%
Italy
1.82%
Bizarre Outcome
6.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Old Oct 16th 2011, 8:50 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Love the look on Pocock's face every time he's been pinged by the ref for not being on his feet. It's as if he's filthy with the ref not letting him get away with Rugby Union murder like Lawrence did last week. Just goes to show what the difference is when you have a semi-decent ref. He should have been done for that at laest half a dozen times against the Boks and got away with all of them.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 8:59 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

I am enjoying this. Not sure how the Aussies are only a try and penalty behind.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twhurl
I missed the Haka !
Any good ?
It was the best one I've seen actually.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alfresco
It was the best one I've seen actually.
Sh1t ! First one I saw was in a pub in Twickenham at 6AM a few world cups ago
Impressed/scared the sh1t out of me
Old Oct 16th 2011, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done NZ...hope they go on with it. NZ seemed professional but slightly subdued...not the awesome running/passing rugby I'm used to seeing from them...have they played like this the whole tournament?...hopefully they bring it out more in the final.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Well done NZ...hope they go on with it. NZ seemed professional but slightly subdued...not the awesome running/passing rugby I'm used to seeing from them...have they played like this the whole tournament?...hopefully they bring it out more in the final.
They deserve to, on that awesome performance.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 9:58 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo, the Aussies weren't even on the same planet in that game. If England couldn't win it then the All Blacks were second best. I hate choosing when those 2 play
Old Oct 16th 2011, 10:07 am

The way they started was great. It got them a try and put the Wallabies in their place. From then on it was containment and make the Wallabies make mistakes.

I did enjoy Cooper getting smashed at the end.

Old Oct 16th 2011, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Well Done NZ!!!

As the team said in the studio, the score line flattered the Wallabies.

They were out of it.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
The way they started was great. It got them a try and put the Wallabies in their place. From then on it was containment and make the Wallabies make mistakes.

I did enjoy Cooper getting smashed at the end.
I missed the first half, sounds like I missed the best bit.

On another note the commentary was a bit flat. Used to be far better with whats his name on the other channel. C9 should stick to league.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 10:41 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

The first half was non stop and far better than most of the 2nd. I watched about 20 minutes on 9 then just had to switch to Foxtel, it was shocking.

On another note the commentary was a bit flat. Used to be far better with whats his name on the other channel. C9 should stick to league.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 11:07 am

They were shocking. Many reckon 9 bought the rights to stop leagues rating decline.

Old Oct 16th 2011, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Wales versus the wallabies should be interesting.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 10:58 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Wales versus the wallabies should be interesting.
Lucky for the Aussies Dan Carter wasn't playing, it would have been 40-6 or worse.

Wonder if Channel Nine will even bother showing the finals.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Love the look on Pocock's face every time he's been pinged by the ref for not being on his feet. It's as if he's filthy with the ref not letting him get away with Rugby Union murder like Lawrence did last week. Just goes to show what the difference is when you have a semi-decent ref. He should have been done for that at laest half a dozen times against the Boks and got away with all of them.
It's probably the defining factor of this whole world cup, total lack of consistency by the refs, shame really

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.