Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Perhaps an insane question...but why exactly are you leaving?

Perhaps an insane question...but why exactly are you leaving?

Old Apr 5th 2009, 1:11 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perhaps an insane question...but why exactly are you leaving?

Originally Posted by kporte
Average around 100 days a year I think. Scotland is around 200.
Scotland doesn't have an average rainfall figure......Dundee or Aberdeen will have about half the rainy days of Fort William.

I do remember my first Winter in Glasgow though.......I honestly thought it would never stop!!
Old Apr 5th 2009, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld
Scotland doesn't have an average rainfall figure......Dundee or Aberdeen will have about half the rainy days of Fort William.

I do remember my first Winter in Glasgow though.......I honestly thought it would never stop!!
Yes, had a look at the average uk rainfall on the met site and it quotes 150 for the dry areas and 200+ for the wet areas, so that is where the guesstimate comes from.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 1:22 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Average around 100 days a year I think. Scotland is around 200.

It is not the number of days it rains that gets me, but the weight of it when it does!
Yip i agree, we got caught in it the other day on the way back from school and it was a sight! Really funny though, we were all drenched from head to toe, trainers squelching, underwear soaked, and hair like we'd just stood under a waterfall!
Old Apr 5th 2009, 1:24 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld

Horrific isn't it! They seem to be reverting back to the winter's we had as children (only it doesn't snow as much!)
Old Apr 5th 2009, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Yip i agree, we got caught in it the other day on the way back from school and it was a sight! Really funny though, we were all drenched from head to toe, trainers squelching, underwear soaked, and hair like we'd just stood under a waterfall!
Yes, 15m from the car to the house and you are saturated!
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

I did agree withBC that is is a minority.
It is a thing we should be ashamed of.
How many Scots do you hear saying we will support anybody that plays England?
To say this doesn't happen is burying your head in the sand.
It's embarrassing
When England play Australia in future I shall support England.

Would you believe I'm typing this in Culloden library?- Honest on both counts
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you off to nice then?

Originally Posted by EverydaySunshine
I haven't read all the replies on this thread but we are leaving as we want a better life for all of us especially the kids. The weather is rubbish in England and it's overcrowded!!!. You can't plan anything in advance because the weather is so crap...where we are looking at going to the weather is nice and hot with a few rainy days a year. The housing here is awkward. People live ontop of each other and I fell crime has spiralled out of control. It's not for us...hoping and praying our new life is more than expected.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:53 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
What the F%*< are you on about?? Paranoia, about what for God sake?
A jest, perhaps?
Old Apr 6th 2009, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Maybe he's humouring you.
Definitely. Any Scotsperson I've ever met or worked with has been bloody miserable.

The English have definitely got the best sense of humour, but even that can vary considerable from region to region.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 11:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sr71
Definitely. Any Scotsperson I've ever met or worked with has been bloody miserable.

The English have definitely got the best sense of humour, but even that can vary considerable from region to region.
Well you would be, having to work with an Englishman
Old Apr 6th 2009, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by sr71

:r ofl::
Old Apr 6th 2009, 12:00 pm

Just managed to pick myself up from the floor there.....

Goodness me, for a minute there i thought you were being serious
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kevin747
When England play Australia in future I shall support England.

Would you believe I'm typing this in Culloden library?- Honest on both counts
my sister lives just down the road from culloden (maybe a mile or so away) at castlehill park.mum lives at clachnaharry retirement home.should be back in inverness this year for a few weeks while we sort out a house to buy in morayshire.went to culloden moor last year but nothing really there and it was very misty that day,quite eerie.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:30 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Why would i go and live there if i was so full of hatred towards the English
Go back to England and tell them there that Scotland's daughters and her sons are yours no more. Tell them Scotland is free.

Just managed to pick myself up from the floor there.....

Goodness me, for a minute there i thought you were being serious
The Almighty says, "Don't change the subject, just answer the ****in' question."

Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hutch
Go back to England and tell them there that Scotland's daughters and her sons are yours no more. Tell them Scotland is free.

The Almighty says, "Don't change the subject, just answer the ****in' question."

HOLD!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.