Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Perhaps an insane question...but why exactly are you leaving?

Perhaps an insane question...but why exactly are you leaving?

Old Apr 5th 2009, 11:24 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perhaps an insane question...but why exactly are you leaving?

Look, i lived in Torquay for 10 years and made many English friends, who i still keep in contact with.

Why would i go and live there if i was so full of hatred towards the English
Old Apr 5th 2009, 11:26 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=scottishcelts;7454236]
Originally Posted by kporte
It is a thing we should be ashamed of.

Goes without saying - there's no need to highlight it! Why divulge your own faults

How many Scots do you hear saying we will support anybody that plays England?

So true - that includes tiddly winks

To say this doesn't happen is burying your head in the sand.
It's embarrassing.

I never said this doesn't happen!
well you did say it was bullshit?
if we don't speak of our faults, how do we ever fix them?
this attitude never seems to change because we pass it on to our kids.
Just why should any Scot hate the English when we fought side by side in so many battles?
It mystifies me.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 11:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Look, i lived in Torquay for 10 years and made many English friends, who i still keep in contact with.

Why would i go and live there if i was so full of hatred towards the English
nobody accused you
Old Apr 5th 2009, 11:28 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

It's hard for you - the paranoia!
What the F%*< are you on about?? Paranoia, about what for God sake?
Old Apr 5th 2009, 11:29 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

nobody accused you
Well good - i',m nice really
Old Apr 5th 2009, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
What the F%*< are you on about?? Paranoia, about what for God sake?
Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

EverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really nice

I haven't read all the replies on this thread but we are leaving as we want a better life for all of us especially the kids. The weather is rubbish in England and it's overcrowded!!!. You can't plan anything in advance because the weather is so crap...where we are looking at going to the weather is nice and hot with a few rainy days a year. The housing here is awkward. People live ontop of each other and I fell crime has spiralled out of control. It's not for us...hoping and praying our new life is more than expected.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by EverydaySunshine
I haven't read all the replies on this thread but we are leaving as we want a better life for all of us especially the kids. The weather is rubbish in England and it's overcrowded!!!. You can't plan anything in advance because the weather is so crap...where we are looking at going to the weather is nice and hot with a few rainy days a year. The housing here is awkward. People live ontop of each other and I fell crime has spiralled out of control. It's not for us...hoping and praying our new life is more than expected.
Hello EverydaySunshine, whereabouts in Australia you planning on moving? and how far into your visa application are you?

We landed ourselves in QLD at the beginning of October, to prepare ourselves for our first Brisbane summer, and found that some days it is too hot to go out But i agree with you about the uk weather and the fact it is miserable, at least here the sun is shining almost everyday.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:41 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hello EverydaySunshine, whereabouts in Australia you planning on moving?
I'm wondering that too.....the parts of Australia that offer nice and warm/hot weather year round also tend to have high rainfall - Brisbane has about 120 rain days a year - that doesn't mean it rains all day, just that some rain falls.

I'm not saying that the climate isn't vastly better than anything in the UK, but I can honestly say I've lost count of the number of cancelled piss ups in New Farm park, cancelled piss ups at the Bowls Club, cancelled touch footy games......all because of the rain.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
I'm wondering that too.....the parts of Australia that offer nice and warm/hot weather year round also tend to have high rainfall - Brisbane has about 120 rain days a year - that doesn't mean it rains all day, just that some rain falls.

I'm not saying that the climate isn't vastly better than anything in the UK, but I can honestly say I've lost count of the number of cancelled piss ups in New Farm park, cancelled piss ups at the Bowls Club, cancelled touch footy games......all because of the rain.
We were at the open air cinema at South bank on Friday night.
A brolly up affair, it has to be said. Warm though
Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by bcworld

Yip - i've long since lost count on the amount of times it has rained since we came here - it rains in Brisbane all the time!
Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:53 pm
Account Closed

Yip - i've long since lost count on the amount of times it has rained since we came here - it rains in Brisbane all the time!
Wee bit of an overstatement. It is sunny most of the time.
When it rains it is heavy.
It mostly rains in the rainy season, funnily enough
Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

would you mind sending some rain down here?
Old Apr 5th 2009, 1:00 pm

Wee bit of an overstatement. It is sunny most of the time.
When it rains it is heavy.
It mostly rains in the rainy season, funnily enough
Not as far as i'm concerned it's not

I said it the sun shines almost every day and i also said it rains all the time, which is true!
Old Apr 5th 2009, 1:06 pm
Account Closed

Not as far as i'm concerned it's not

I said it the sun shines almost every day and i also said it rains all the time, which is true!
Average around 100 days a year I think. Scotland is around 200.

It is not the number of days it rains that gets me, but the weight of it when it does!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.