Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

moonstaruk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

I havent been on here since January 2008, but I'm now back fully in the hunt and looking at heading out to Aus on wither the WHV to start or and fingers crossed, the 457 sponsored visa from my employer. I'm a 27 year old male, heading out on my own! scarey but exciting at the same time.

Chris
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

scarey but exciting at the same time.
Yep! thats the name of the game!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

To let you all know the little loner sat here typing is flying to Oz TOMORROW...!!!

Wish me luck i survive the flight!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

oooo!! GOOD LUCK! how exciting! enjoy the trip! who you flying with?
Old Feb 10th 2009, 2:33 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
Oh no Pony!! Hope it isnt too painful! At least you got it doing something fun like surfing! Could be worse, you could have just tripped over on the pavement or something! So, congrats on your first Ozzie injury!

p.s. - how do Oz hospitals compare to the NHS?!
Not bad - only 10 hours in A&E and operated next day! Back today for physio and splinting. Safe journey hun - see you over here. :-)

Originally Posted by TheDangerousQuietOne
Oh no, that sucks. Hope it heals quickly and doesn't hurt too much! My ex flatmate had the fin on hers go into her mouth and rip her cheek open!!

I'm having massive trouble finding accomodation near the mine, nowhere is furnished! Grrrrr!
It dont hurt that much really. I dont fancy your mates injury much! Why dont you go unfurnished and get down the Op shops for cheapo stuff? I bought a blow up bed today :-)
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

I have considered it BUT my company pays all my costs for accomodation etc but they won't pay to furnish a place... I would have to pay for it all and I only earn $350 a week!!!! No way would they let me claim it back on expenses.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
To let you all know the little loner sat here typing is flying to Oz TOMORROW...!!!

Wish me luck i survive the flight!

Good luck!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok guys.....at long last it looks like I will be in Sydney mid March!! woohooo! Planning to take a couple of weeks leave, drive the car over (hope it stays cool) settle in etc etc.....Firstly need to get somewhere to live! I can't wait though!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Ok guys.....at long last it looks like I will be in Sydney mid March!! woohooo! Planning to take a couple of weeks leave, drive the car over (hope it stays cool) settle in etc etc.....Firstly need to get somewhere to live! I can't wait though!
Hey good times

I'm moving some point next week... apparently my company *will* hire furniture etc for me if I can't find a furnished place!

I've finally found a lady in HR who can do her job! In six months HR have been completely useless and then I was told to speak to her yesterday and she's been brilliant! If I'd known her from the beginning I would have had so much less hassle!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Coming over next Thursday night for the whole weekend in a bid to get somewhere! One I have that the rest should fall into place.....eventually! now got to work out a route to drive my car over.......

Good luck to everyone....
Old Feb 13th 2009, 12:28 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Not bad - only 10 hours in A&E and operated next day! Back today for physio and splinting. Safe journey hun - see you over here. :-)

It dont hurt that much really. I dont fancy your mates injury much! Why dont you go unfurnished and get down the Op shops for cheapo stuff? I bought a blow up man today :-)

Fixed that for you Pony.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 9:27 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Fixed that for you Pony.

Er........what are you tryna say like? I cant get nowt? You can keep your bicycle pump an all! :curse:
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:09 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Er........what are you tryna say like? I cant get nowt? You can keep your bicycle pump an all! :curse:
Hahaha. Look, I'm leaving for Sydney in 4 days, 10 hours, 21 mins and 15 seconds and I still haven't got any beers sorted with any of you punks.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Frizzbee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Oh my, well how old are you? (sorry I see you have said!) do you have any children? what are your interests? Yes it can be done, but as a single person (woman) I didn't find it that easy....very family orientated place

PS I was 39 when I arrived
Another newbee!!! I put my application in in March 08 and have recently had my medical so am hoping to get my visa soon. I'm planning to move to Oz - not sure where yet possibly Perth, on my own which is a bit scary but really exciting - it's great to see you all on here as my biggest concern was being a 30 something singleton over there and everyone else being a couple!! Hopefully I'll get to grips with this site (only just found it) quicker than they process visas!!
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Hahaha. Look, I'm leaving for Sydney in 4 days, 10 hours, 21 mins and 15 seconds and I still haven't got any beers sorted with any of you punks.

Come for beers.

There, sorted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.