Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

WELL DONE to you!
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 8:09 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheDangerousQuietOne
Pony: I'm REALLY sorry but I couldn't bring back thousands of PG Tips as planned thanks to not having any room in my bag In fact I coulnd't bring back any at all

No worries dude - someone posted me a box!
Old Jan 25th 2009, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will shortly be on my way to Sydney AND its my birthday Tuesday!! Im overwhelmed!!!!!

Congrats! You must be well chuffed
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

alidee is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: The Official Loners Thread

hey everyone, I'm brand new... I just googled "single girl emigrating to Oz" and for the last hour I've been reading through all these pages and it's a really cool place for singles to vent on all things Oz.. so thank u scuba steve for starting it.. It's cool to have "watched" some of you go through application to the day when the big font and bright colours of visa granted! appears. Nice.
Anyway, hoping this will be a place where some kind soul will answer any Q I have regarding the big move.. it IS scary doing it on your own... but as a girl on page one of the thread said... it's extremely brave. I'm a primary teacher in glasgow (but from north west england). I've never even been to oz but am sure I am emigrating there! I hope to go this july for a 4 week trip. My skills assessment should be winging its way back to me by the end of feb and then it's visa app time.. altho slightly annoyed that it's over 2,000 AUD for a single person and the same fee if I were a fam of four.. is that right? Having not gone to Oz it would be silly to say where I'm gonna live.. but I am, after lots of web research, attracted to Victoria.. Mornington Penn, maybe Geelong.. if anyone on here has been to or through geelong could u let me know what you thought of the place?
Sorry.. gone on a bit... it's the writer in me... hope you're all havin a good week, be it in freezin britain or boiling oz... alidee x
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:16 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Hey Ali, welcome to the thread! Can't help with where to live I'm afraid, I'm heavily biased towards Sydney.

I paid for VETASSESS last night so have to send my docs of asap. Only 25 days to go before I'm out there for a hol so I hope there'll be a few of you lot about! Not you Pacey.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:17 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Oh, meant to ask Ali, where in Glesga? My parents are form there.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Oh, meant to ask Ali, where in Glesga? My parents are form there.
Thanks Scuba Steve, I'm in Knightswood - west. Work in Kelvinbridge.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:26 pm
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future

Hey Alidee...welcome to the forums. Good luck with the visa process...it's a wild ride.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

LiseInSyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will shortly be on my way to Sydney AND its my birthday Tuesday!! Im overwhelmed!!!!!
Well done!! Excellent news...we will be seeing you again very shortly then!!!! Congratulations..x
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

jane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to all

Welcome and good luck. Just be prepared for lots of waiting!!
Originally Posted by alidee
hey everyone, I'm brand new... I just googled "single girl emigrating to Oz" and for the last hour I've been reading through all these pages and it's a really cool place for singles to vent on all things Oz.. so thank u scuba steve for starting it.. It's cool to have "watched" some of you go through application to the day when the big font and bright colours of visa granted! appears. Nice.
Anyway, hoping this will be a place where some kind soul will answer any Q I have regarding the big move.. it IS scary doing it on your own... but as a girl on page one of the thread said... it's extremely brave. I'm a primary teacher in glasgow (but from north west england). I've never even been to oz but am sure I am emigrating there! I hope to go this july for a 4 week trip. My skills assessment should be winging its way back to me by the end of feb and then it's visa app time.. altho slightly annoyed that it's over 2,000 AUD for a single person and the same fee if I were a fam of four.. is that right? Having not gone to Oz it would be silly to say where I'm gonna live.. but I am, after lots of web research, attracted to Victoria.. Mornington Penn, maybe Geelong.. if anyone on here has been to or through geelong could u let me know what you thought of the place?
Sorry.. gone on a bit... it's the writer in me... hope you're all havin a good week, be it in freezin britain or boiling oz... alidee x
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:47 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 0125dannydanny
well I'll be applying next year and going over alone , I'm 33 and only my Gran here for close family so won't have to worry too much like some about missing loved ones. I'm single and have no kids. It still feels scary but so does staying in the Northwest of England for the rest of my life ! I just need to save some more money before I put in my forms. But I think I'll have no problems getting in.
don't know where you'll be heading but wherever it is it sure beats blackpool I was living down at south shore before I hit Aus and it's just the best. Good luck with your app
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Gordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really nice

Originally Posted by Glw88
I'm not looking forward to be alone. I couldn't live on my in Oxford for three weeks, living half-way across the world on my own with people I don't know for a few months is going to be a bigger challenge, but needless to say I need to grow up at some point!
Oxford - do you really want to, or rather can you afford to live there anyway?.

I have friends near Oxford and they are barely making ends meet and they now have job offers in Australia, and are off fairly soon. I went on a visit and it seemed more pricey than London being honest! £10 gone in a blink of an eye! ... and who knows on what excatly?!

Chookas
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Gordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really nice

Originally Posted by paul30
don't know where you'll be heading but wherever it is it sure beats blackpool I was living down at south shore before I hit Aus and it's just the best. Good luck with your app
Blackpool ... point taken indeed!. Mind you there is nothing like going to a Funny Girls show!. Great fun indeed!

You won't miss the spotty Blackpool chavs in shell suits and females in mine belts in mid-winter!, or all those rough pubs down the front!

Chookas
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:55 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alidee
I suppose it depends on what your looking for. I can't really comment on Geelong as only driven through there once and went to the water park but it looked very industrial. definately have a look at the mornington pen t's a beautiful place with calm bay beaches and ocean beaches for surf beautiful countryside decent shopping centre's and towns and not too far from the city
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by paul30
I suppose it depends on what your looking for. I can't really comment on Geelong as only driven through there once and went to the water park but it looked very industrial. definately have a look at the mornington pen t's a beautiful place with calm bay beaches and ocean beaches for surf beautiful countryside decent shopping centre's and towns and not too far from the city
Thanks beachbum.. appreciate that.. where abouts did u stay? Is it cheaper to live there than in melbourne itself?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.