Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

Wikiposts

The Official Loners Thread

Old Jul 5th 2008, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

it called me something sooo good I just had to get under it...
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

Hello all!!!!!

Thought that I would quickly pop in and say I have arrived in Sydney Am currently sitting in my living room looking out over the city...little cloudy, but hey, beggars cant be choosers hey!

Thailand was good, especially after that last week or so when I thought that I was going slightly insane before I left!

I arrived last friday the 4th July. Friend picked me up and I have been non stop since. Although my apartment is lovely, I want my own as soon as- think I will settle in better.

First impressions, sydney is much smaller than I thought, but GORGEOUS. People are very friendly and will help you, I have had a few people walk up to me when I put on the 'I am lost please someone help me' face. Some will even walk you to where you want to go if they not in a rush...found that odd but very welcoming.

I will post in the main update section when I have some time.

Can anyone give me a summary of whats been going down over the past 3 weeks??
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:29 am
Account Closed

Nick Gill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sharonm5
Hello all!!!!!

Thought that I would quickly pop in and say I have arrived in Sydney Am currently sitting in my living room looking out over the city...little cloudy, but hey, beggars cant be choosers hey!

Thailand was good, especially after that last week or so when I thought that I was going slightly insane before I left!

I arrived last friday the 4th July. Friend picked me up and I have been non stop since. Although my apartment is lovely, I want my own as soon as- think I will settle in better.

First impressions, sydney is much smaller than I thought, but GORGEOUS. People are very friendly and will help you, I have had a few people walk up to me when I put on the 'I am lost please someone help me' face. Some will even walk you to where you want to go if they not in a rush...found that odd but very welcoming.

Cant give you a summary Im afraid but can wish you loads of luck

We only get one chance at life - so grab it by the balls and enjoy the ride........
Old Jul 6th 2008, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Hello all!!!!!

Sounds like you've had a busy time. Glad to read all is well with everything.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Essex Neil is on a distinguished road

Hello all!!!!!

Hi Sharonm5,

Well done, shame about the weather. No great loss as I peer out of my abode in Essex I spy rain and cloud too !. I guess there must be some sun too ?.

Being an official loner and touching down in Sydney in early August myself do fancy like meeting up for a beer ?.

Cheers

Neil
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Essex Neil
Hi Sharonm5,

Well done, shame about the weather. No great loss as I peer out of my abode in Essex I spy rain and cloud too !. I guess there must be some sun too ?.

Being an official loner and touching down in Sydney in early August myself do fancy like meeting up for a beer ?.

Cheers

Neil
HIya, the sun is shining now...woohoo!!! I have been driving around most of the afternoon, saw a lovely apartment but another couple were also viewing and nearly mauled me for even looking at the place...hey ho...

Am thinking of going to the sydney cbd catch up this thurs to meet some peeps...should be good, otherwise I am always impartial to a glass of wine!!!
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

HIya, the sun is shining now...woohoo!!! I have been driving around most of the afternoon, saw a lovely apartment but another couple were also viewing and nearly mauled me for even looking at the place...hey ho...

Am thinking of going to the sydney cbd catch up this thurs to meet some peeps...should be good, otherwise I am always impartial to a glass of wine!!!
Hi Again.

Sorry, I know I shouldn't call you again.

Yes I guess I have all that argy bargy with trying to find a place !. I've been looking on Domain watching the flats and houses up for rent trying to get a feel for prices and areas.

Are you talking about the BE meetup, I belive that is on Thursdays ?.

Not wishing to be accused of flirting, I would love to join you in a few glasses of wine. I'll drop you a line when, like you I'm in Sydney.

Try to stop fighting with the locals ! :curse:

N
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:47 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Well there's your accommodation sorted Sharon - looks like Neil's got you a room all lined up! Hehe.

Hey and dont worry about the lack of sunshine - dont forget you are currently experiencing Sydney's harsh mid winter.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Well there's your accommodation sorted Sharon - looks like Neil's got you a room all lined up! Hehe.

Hey and dont worry about the lack of sunshine - dont forget you are currently experiencing Sydney's harsh mid winter.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted.
Hi Pony,

How's the visa situation ?

N
Old Jul 6th 2008, 9:11 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Hello all!!!!!

F**K ALL!!!!! For me anyway. Glad you're settling in, say hi to some pubs for me.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 6:37 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Essex Neil
Hi Pony,

How's the visa situation ?

N
I am in limbo. I may have to move in with scoobs! Got my occy health clearance through - just waiting for final job offer to come through. Forms filled in and ready to fly.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

I am in limbo. I may have to move in with scoobs! Got my occy health clearance through - just waiting for final job offer to come through. Forms filled in and ready to fly.

Wow the anticipation must be emense.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:05 am

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

I did reply but my facebook's being gay tonight.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:21 am

Good lord Pony! Who's that Kat Knox sort?!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:49 am
beach bum

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Good lord Pony! Who's that Kat Knox sort?!

Oi oi oi. Hold it down! You like? She's a good friend of mine but a mere whippersnapper who's just finished her 2nd yr at Uni. She's home at the moment but is off to Ibizia for the summer in a few weeks. You'll meet her at my leaving do!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.