Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:52 am

MTPockets is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Did you do it online? Cos I did most of mine ages ago and just logged in again but it takes me straight to the payment page as everything else has been completed, but I need to go back and review it.
No my entire application was paper based - started it (slowly) end of 06 before they had the online option
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:55 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

What occupation do you do?
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:58 am

What occupation do you do?
Well the nominated occupation was 'financial investment adviser' - via NSW STNI scheme. Not exactly what I do (or did - interest rate trading) but close enough to meet the criteria
Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:10 pm

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MTPockets
Well the nominated occupation was 'financial investment adviser' - via NSW STNI scheme. Not exactly what I do (or did - interest rate trading) but close enough to meet the criteria
What info did you have to submit? Just post secondary quals and birth cert etc? Sorry for all the queations!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:29 pm

What info did you have to submit? Just post secondary quals and birth cert etc? Sorry for all the queations!
No that's cool. Birth cert, passport bio page copy, post-secondary certificates and transcripts. I also included relevant industry exam qualifications to back up the application for that particular occupation.

Also a cv and work references for past 5 years that tied in with the official description for the nominated occupation, although thinking about it they were for NSW sponsorship assessment rather than vetassess (who also assessed occupation in addition to vetassess in my case), but prob not necessary in yours.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by MTPockets
No that's cool. Birth cert, passport bio page copy, post-secondary certificates and transcripts. I also included relevant industry exam qualifications to back up the application for that particular occupation.

Also a cv and work references for past 5 years that tied in with the official description for the nominated occupation, although thinking about it they were for NSW sponsorship assessment rather than vetassess (who also assessed occupation in addition to vetassess in my case), but prob not necessary in yours.
Thanks a lot mate.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:19 pm

Flying into Sydney 22nd Feb if anyone's about? Will be there a month
Old Jan 9th 2009, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

nah mate can't be arsed. busy.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by pacey
nah mate can't be arsed. busy.
Oh....ok. I'll just...um...cancel the flights then. Only £800, no biggie.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

How are all the loners doing? Made any friends?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 9:33 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh where is everyone? I'm having a whale of a time (tempted to say shark but sooo not funny) surfing, drinking, eating, soaking up the sun (occasionally - very mixed weather indeed for this time of year).

Alas it will all come to an end at weekend - cos I have to go out west and start work on Monday! I have been a lady of leisure for 11 weeks and I think I rather like it! Hence now looking for eligible millionaire to keep me!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Im doing good! the prospect of relocating to Sydney and "starting all over again" is daunting...... but also very exciting. I have my second interview Thursday (done the formal bit over the phone) fingers crossed....

Its weird though, I feel more jittery about the state move than I did about the initial move to Oz, maybe because I know how tough it can be at first? but also because I do have a few very good friends here now...and am settled in work...but hey I came here on my own so I know I can do it again!

I know its going to be easier in some ways, as there are far more loners in Sydney and just far more and far more diverse people......

I think 2009 is going to feel like the year I really make it!

Good luck to all the brave loners!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

HI all!! long time no chat...Still here in Sydney, work is seriously busy at the moment, so sorry I have been so quiet! Any questions fire away!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

hey you guys!

Just to give every one an update! i am still alive!

WA is a cracking place to live, plenty to do and work is getting better now i have had a huge pay rise after getting my electrical licence!.

The weather is crazy at the moment, around the high 30s!. sounds good but when your working in it all day it does tire you out, but nothing a cold beer cant sort out at the end of the day!

I have been asked to leave the country by immigration as a decision is going to be made on my visa, so i leave for NZ for three weeks tommorow, so hope fully the next time i speak i will be a resident! everyone have your fingers crossed for me!!

ok, off to go pack my bags now! much love to all,

doc a roo. xx

pony we are getting loads of shark attacks here to!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Good to hear your still with us docgp All sounds good, I'll be joining you in sunny Perth in 5 weeks Good luck with the residency.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.