Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Dec 8th 2008, 12:19 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Well done - fast work on all fronts!! Has she been out before? If not, I'm sure once she gets out here she'll be smitten, just like the rest of us
Nope she's never even left the UK before I know she'll love it though so fingers crossed
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Originally Posted by paul30
Nope she's never even left the UK before I know she'll love it though so fingers crossed
Party party party! Can't believe how many Sydney peeps have suddenly come out fo the woodwork... When I get back in Jan I'll make a concerted effort to make it down for drinks one night...
Old Dec 9th 2008, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Perthbyrd is an unknown quantity at this point

Have been here on my own for years, that happens when the only alternative is dating aussie men

we speaka the same language but I just DONT get them. . . .am i alone?

(chuckle)
Old Dec 9th 2008, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Hi all
It's been a while since being on this thread, busy house selling and sorting stuff. Flight booked for late Feb 09! Now looking for accommodation for when I arrive in Perth, has anyone got any recommodations for the short term? I have allowed myself a month of shorterm until I find something more permanent. Would ideally like private room and possibly bathroom. Have checked out a few hostels, but many are booked or fairly expensive. Wandering if a holiday let or Big4 would be better.
Any thoughts/recommendations would be great from other loner arrivals.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

LiseInSyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NicolaM
Hi welcome to the thread.... how come you came to sydney... I'm a newbie loner too - been here about 3 weeks - how are you finding it?? Are you going to the next meet up???
nicola
Hi Nicola,

Thanks for replying, I'm loving it so far but unlike when I was travelling and staying in hostels it's much harder to get out there and meet people when you're on your own!! That's why I plan to attend the meet-up, just not sure I can make it this week (heavy month and it's not payday til the weekend!!)

Whereabouts in the UK do you come from? How are you finding things in your 3 weeks?? Still settling I suppose!

Nice to hear from you anyway, Nicola, good luck with things and maybe see you at the meet-up!!
Old Dec 9th 2008, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Have been here on my own for years, that happens when the only alternative is dating aussie men

we speaka the same language but I just DONT get them. . . .am i alone?
sadly no!
Old Dec 10th 2008, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
sadly no!
Aussie women are just as bad!
Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone had any luck meeting an Aussie though? There must be someone out there? Im afraid my only "relationship" since being here almost ended in me taking out a restraining order! so not good!
Old Dec 10th 2008, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Has anyone had any luck meeting an Aussie though? There must be someone out there? Im afraid my only "relationship" since being here almost ended in me taking out a restraining order! so not good!
Good question! I'm not exactly looking for a relationship but I have to say that none of the women I have met have had anything approaching the right kind of attitude and intelligence for a relationship. For some reason I just haven't clicked with the aussie sense of humour and thought process...
Old Dec 12th 2008, 10:37 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

I've been "out bush" for a week - anything happened?

Too tired to read back what I've missed - just spent four hours driving through torrential rain, got diverted off the highway in the middle of blue mountains due to an accident,managed to find my way to Penrith by luck more than judgement and spent the next hour being dazzled by people who insist on driving with their full beam on.

Whinging POME? Thats me!!!!!!

xox
Old Dec 13th 2008, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

NicolaM will become famous soon enoughNicolaM will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LiseInSyd
Hi Nicola,

Thanks for replying, I'm loving it so far but unlike when I was travelling and staying in hostels it's much harder to get out there and meet people when you're on your own!! That's why I plan to attend the meet-up, just not sure I can make it this week (heavy month and it's not payday til the weekend!!)

Whereabouts in the UK do you come from? How are you finding things in your 3 weeks?? Still settling I suppose!

Nice to hear from you anyway, Nicola, good luck with things and maybe see you at the meet-up!!
Yes i agree it is much harder to meet people when you're not travelling... i am planning to go to next thurs cbd drinks are you going, hope to see u there?nicola
Old Dec 14th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

hey all new tolters,

just reporting in to let you know im still alive!

I see your in oz pony, nice one, how you finding it?

Im coping with the heat got to 44 where i work, today.

justr a quick one as i dont have much time, busy with diac.

i have been asked to leave!!!!

Off to NZ for three weeks whilst decision is being made?

Oh and i passed my exams everyone, as of Monday iam a rough aussie electrican!

Anywho, must dash, take care all and Welcome all newbies!

Doc a roo xx
Old Dec 14th 2008, 11:44 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

My job offer and, hence visa, have both been withdrawn. Due to fly out in less than 2 weeks.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 12:02 pm

MTPockets is an unknown quantity at this point

Mate that's shit. Two weeks before?! I'm sure you've explored different avenues but didn't you have a signed contract. No way of holding them to it when you've relied on the offer? How about the whv option and trying on the ground? Sorry dude, just trying to think of other options.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 12:05 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

They told me a couple of weeks ago, haven't had the inclination to come on here til now! Everyone's making cutbacks and the contract can't help with stuff liek that. I've been in touch with all my old contacts but things aren't looking good. I'm planning on coming out Feb/March time though, maybe something will come up by then. Maybe one last throw of the dice before I give up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.