Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Dec 7th 2008, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Hey Aqua - how are you? Yeh two sleeps! Well technically one sleep and a restless trying to sleep but you got friggin no chance missus. La la la la la la la - boop boop be doo!

You've arrived!!!
Old Dec 7th 2008, 5:44 am
Just Joined

LiseInSyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Welcome to the thread, Lise
Thanks Aquamarine,

It's good to know I'm not the only loner pom out there haha, not that you're a loner for long over here theres lots of nice people out here willing to show you around. I'm having such a good time!!
Old Dec 7th 2008, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Hello! Just wanted to say hi, Im hoping to move from Adelaide to Sydney as soon as I can (as soon as I get a job there) and keen to make contacts. Its been hard being a loner in Adelaide, but I think its going to be much better in Sydney.

I recently went to Thursday drinks when visiting Sydney and Ill be taking advantage of those as soon as I get back. Also love live music, pubs anything really.

Hope the blokes are better in Sydney wouldn't be hard mind, they are awful here....(not that thats my main motivation!) anyway, enough wittering on!

Good luck to all adventurous loners!
Old Dec 7th 2008, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Hello! Just wanted to say hi, Im hoping to move from Adelaide to Sydney as soon as I can (as soon as I get a job there) and keen to make contacts. Its been hard being a loner in Adelaide, but I think its going to be much better in Sydney.

I recently went to Thursday drinks when visiting Sydney and Ill be taking advantage of those as soon as I get back. Also love live music, pubs anything really.

Hope the blokes are better in Sydney wouldn't be hard mind, they are awful here....(not that thats my main motivation!) anyway, enough wittering on!

Good luck to all adventurous loners!
Good luck with the move!

The best blokes are actually just north of Sydney in Newcastle, there's this one guy in particular...
Old Dec 7th 2008, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

By the way Im on facebook too, PM me for my e-mail address and we can be friends!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by TheDangerousQuietOne
Good luck with the move!

The best blokes are actually just north of Sydney in Newcastle, there's this one guy in particular...
and im in perth!

hey all, long time since i checked in, so got some reading to do. welcome all new Tolters! Pony i hear you out here now!

Just to give you an update, i have sat my exams for my electrical licenses last week should find out later today if i have passed and also immigration have asked me to leave,

decision time for visa for me! Getting nervous now. strange how you have to leave the country just to re enter?? oh well, trip to NZ in Jan for me.

Hope everyone is well? will be in touch more.

doc loves ya x
Old Dec 8th 2008, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Originally Posted by docgp
and im in perth!

hey all, long time since i checked in, so got some reading to do. welcome all new Tolters! Pony i hear you out here now!

Just to give you an update, i have sat my exams for my electrical licenses last week should find out later today if i have passed and also immigration have asked me to leave,

decision time for visa for me! Getting nervous now. strange how you have to leave the country just to re enter?? oh well, trip to NZ in Jan for me.

Hope everyone is well? will be in touch more.

doc loves ya x
Pompeyblonde: PM sent

Doc: Good to see you back in here, Pony's over here now getting up to mischief I dare say.

I've just had my flights to the UK confirmed for my xmas break so I get a whole month with my friends and decent beer! Woo!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
By the way Im on facebook too, PM me for my e-mail address and we can be friends!
Hello there. Good to see you've decided to move to Sydney. You probably dont remember meeting me, I was the guy talking about Dallas all night (for some reason) lol.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Ofcourse I remember! (despite drinking my own body weight in wine! which is a fair bit!)
Hope all is going well for you! can't wait to get back.....
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:18 am
Just Joined

NicolaM will become famous soon enoughNicolaM will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LiseInSyd
Hi all,

I'm a newbie loner in Sydney, arrived here beginning of October! Just thought I'd say a quick hi to all, good luck to everyone, it's scary but exciting stuff!!

Hi welcome to the thread.... how come you came to sydney... I'm a newbie loner too - been here about 3 weeks - how are you finding it?? Are you going to the next meet up???
nicola
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:21 am
Just Joined

NicolaM will become famous soon enoughNicolaM will become famous soon enough

Hey guys... when is the next meet up then.... where and when??? for sydney cbd??? nicola
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NicolaM
Hey guys... when is the next meet up then.... where and when??? for sydney cbd??? nicola
Hey Nicola, the next meetup is on Thursday. Lookout for the post from Swervo as he posts the meetup threads. Its going in alpabetical order. This week it will be beginning with the letter S. No idea where that might be. Hope you're enjoying Sydney. Been here only a couple of months myself.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MTPockets
hi - welcome to sydney!

It'll be on thursday - 'swerv-o' the guy who organises the eves usually gets the next suggestion going on tues/weds, so if you keep an eye on the sydney cbd drinks thread in the updates section, or check last weeks (below) as he normally posts a link to the next one.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576290

Hope you're having fun
Jason
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi welcome to the thread.... how come you came to sydney... I'm a newbie loner too - been here about 3 weeks - how are you finding it?? Are you going to the next meet up???
nicola
Hi there! I actually arrived in Australia three years ago on the 14th Dec! But i had to stay in Adelaide for 2 years and then apply for PR (495 visa - crap but does the job!) So now I have PR and am looking to spread my wings. Ive always loved Sydney, and I came for a visit and finally made my mind up.

So Ive started to apply fro jobs, and Ill be there in the new year, since I got back to Adelaide Ive been so unsettled I really am the only loner in the village here!

Still onwards and upwards!! see you all soon, have a bev for me Thursday!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:34 am

MTPockets is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Thought I'd just managed to delete in time...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.