Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by paul30
count me in for that (been to dublin a couple of times but for some strange reason the weekends are usually a blank after boarding the ferry)
Wimbledon is always a good option....
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:30 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sharonm5
Wimbledon is always a good option....
About 10 mins from me .
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
About 10 mins from me .
Waiting to hear from Fizz.......Wimbledon OK with me (I think - down south geog not too hot) but Kingston better. Think Kingston may be better for Fizz too??? Sorry, Nige/Paul - not Dublin for me!!!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

PAUL30!!! PAUL!!! Seen the movement on the August Thread???? Fingers crossed for us - Visa grants could be VERY SOON Race you
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:24 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
PAUL30!!! PAUL!!! Seen the movement on the August Thread???? Fingers crossed for us - Visa grants could be VERY SOON Race you
ooooooooh how exciting. We're rooting for you!!!!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ponyrama
ooooooooh how exciting. We're rooting for you!!!!

Wondered where everyone was Thanks, pony Off to France tomorrow, 3.30am taxi to Stansted on my 1p flight Will be checking in though
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:49 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Wondered where everyone was Thanks, pony Off to France tomorrow, 3.30am taxi to Stansted on my 1p flight Will be checking in though

I hate early morning airport starts. You can never get to sleep cos you know you have to be up at stupid o'clock. Have a good time hun. 1p flights are the best - feels like you're getting a free holiday.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Since coming back off holiday, I have lost motivation for my visa application.

Why is this? I couldn't wait to put it in before I went, now I just don't see the point in going.

I'm frustrated now.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
Since coming back off holiday, I have lost motivation for my visa application.

Why is this? I couldn't wait to put it in before I went, now I just don't see the point in going.

I'm frustrated now.
Why go? You'll without doubt regret it if you dont. You MIGHT regret going when you do but you WILL regret it if you dont.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:31 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

god I hope so but I have been waiting for my police checks which finally arrived today so I've just emailed them to the loveliest CO in DIAC (hope grovelling and flattery work) but first one there gets the tinnies in
Old Apr 11th 2008, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Today the reality of moving myself, life and few possesions to Oz hit me... I did a slight wobble (not at all changing my mind about going) but I have been living in a surreal existance since things kicked off, and today when everyone at work was so excited for me and emails from around the world from old collegues who 'have heard the great news' were there when I logged on (even future employees had emailed me) it was a reality check!

Any one else had one of these?

just staring at the packing boxes sitting in front of me thinking...must sort stuff out, must sort stuff out, must have a glass of red now, must sort stuff out...

Glass of red now poured!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

louemm is an unknown quantity at this point

hello...haven't been on this thread for ages! had a major wobble about a month ago and then thought i was back on track this week but wobbling again...arrrggghhh! is it natural to have SO many doubts??? are there any loners going out to brisbane???
Old Apr 11th 2008, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Alan- will become famous soon enough

Yeah Sharon,

With you on this one.

I've spent the last month or so, ditching almost everything I had, including a successful business, and a house that had taken me 9 years to build !!

I've got to validate by the 7th of June.

I decided all I was only taking was a suitcase and a flight bag with a small laptop in, and everything that I was taking away from the house after the sale would have to fit in a large estate car ??

Your right, a very surreal experience, but has to be done.

After a while I quite enjoyed it, and I'm nearly there with the estate full (lol)

I just try and think positive, and that the worlds a small place anyway.

I'm sure we'll both be fine, and we're taking grasp of a great chance we've been given.

Alan.

Originally Posted by sharonm5
Today the reality of moving myself, life and few possesions to Oz hit me... I did a slight wobble (not at all changing my mind about going) but I have been living in a surreal existance since things kicked off, and today when everyone at work was so excited for me and emails from around the world from old collegues who 'have heard the great news' were there when I logged on (even future employees had emailed me) it was a reality check!

Any one else had one of these?

just staring at the packing boxes sitting in front of me thinking...must sort stuff out, must sort stuff out, must have a glass of red now, must sort stuff out...

Glass of red now poured!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:11 pm
beach bum

I've been in a totally surreal world since I got back from my last holiday in Oz in January and decided I was going to go permanently. I wobble regularly, but only in terms of "how the heck am I going to get through all this". It never crosses my mind that I shouldnt go. I figure I'll always have my UK passport and be able to come back.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ponyrama
I've been in a totally surreal world since I got back from my last holiday in Oz in January and decided I was going to go permanently. I wobble regularly, but only in terms of "how the heck am I going to get through all this". It never crosses my mind that I shouldnt go. I figure I'll always have my UK passport and be able to come back.
ok, so I am normal then...phew! I have been chatting to one of my new employees (who used to work for me in the UK), and as he was a good mate when I lived up in Cambs (and we worked together) he has given really good advice, but actually someone who I know awaiting my arrival and letting me know what work is preparing for me just sent me off on one, especially as my current job knows whats going on and the team is so happy for me (not mgt!!)

I will be based in sydney, but will be travelling all over Oz...and my friend/collegue/'employee' is in Brisbane, so I will be staying there a few weekends until I find my feet. Good to know I have him and his beautiful wife to visit, and be 'at home' (aka babysitter!)...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.