Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Murder Victim was English

Murder Victim was English

Old Dec 22nd 2006, 7:44 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murder Victim was English

Originally Posted by northernbird
I agree your examples are serious but I did say relatively rare and extremely hard on the families as you say.
I think it's our defintion of what constitutes serious and what constitutes 'rare' in terms of frequency that is the issue. And that is something we can all hold different opinions on for sure.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 7:48 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Thanks for that. from what I can make of it it seems to indicate that in this (whatever) period of time, there were 36 incidents and all were solved. It doesn't identify/catergorise ncidents, or what period they were over etc, so by itself doesn't mean a lot. Would need to see the full report to be able to draw an accurate conclusion.

Oh FFS...the link was posted on here which you must have read as you had an opinion enough to comment on it!!

It states clearly that the report is Homicide in Australia : 2003-2004 National Homicide Monitoring Program (NHMP) annual report which to me says its a report for the period of 2003/2004...not (whatever)...its a report on Homicides...thought that was pretty clear???

It even says at the bottom of the table I put up there for you that it included incidents where "Solved incidents include those where an offender has been identified and charged, and incidents where the offender has suicided"....

The full report, had you been bothered to look before commenting is on that link...
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 7:55 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am not burying my head in the sand. Perth has crime and I am aware of that but you suggested it was a rougher city than the Eastern capital cities which i believe is a crock of shit.
I havent read this yet, but you might find it interesting. It could even prove you right lol

http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/facts/2005/
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 7:57 pm
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
Oh FFS...the link was posted on here which you must have read as you had an opinion enough to comment on it!!

It states clearly that the report is Homicide in Australia : 2003-2004 National Homicide Monitoring Program (NHMP) annual report which to me says its a report for the period of 2003/2004...not (whatever)...its a report on Homicides...thought that was pretty clear???

It even says at the bottom of the table I put up there for you that it included incidents where "Solved incidents include those where an offender has been identified and charged, and incidents where the offender has suicided"....

The full report, had you been bothered to look before commenting is on that link...
I have just posted the latest federal gov report for 2005-2006 so it might be different but at least will be more relevant in a current snapshot of crime in oz.

Old Dec 22nd 2006, 7:59 pm
Jedi Princess

Ok so there were 36 homicides in wa 2003-2004 and there was a 100% clean up rate. Well that's exceptional. Give 'em all that pay rise
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 8:03 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

I have just posted the latest federal gov report for 2005-2006 so it might be different but at least will be more relevant in a current snapshot of crime in oz.

It doesnt compare State for State...its an overal snapshot...

I still think the first report was just as relevant to what was being said at the time in the thread. Don't make comments and voice opinions about information given if you arent even prepared to read it. Things just havent changed!!
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's pretty understandable, remember though London is a city that goes from 8 million to near double
interesting that - its easy to forget the transient population.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 8:49 pm
Jedi Princess

It doesnt compare State for State...its an overal snapshot...

I still think the first report was just as relevant to what was being said at the time in the thread. Don't make comments and voice opinions about information given if you arent even prepared to read it. Things just havent changed!!
I'll comment about what I damn well like. The report you refer to is outdated and was exceptional in that all homicides were solved apparently in that year. It provides little else.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 8:53 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Kiwi child

I see you have met the gang as well.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 8:56 pm
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by Grayling
Ah Kiwi child

Oh indeed G, a while back if your memory serves you well

Hope you are well and have alovely xmas and new year

All the best for 2007
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah Kiwi child

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year for 2007 Blakey
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Kiwi child

Who rattled your cage
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 9:18 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Who rattled your cage
Just looking in...
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 9:18 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year for 2007 Blakey
...and to you too
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 9:19 pm
Bitter and twisted

Hope you are well and have alovely xmas and new year

All the best for 2007
All the best to you as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.