Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Murder Victim was English

Murder Victim was English

Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:05 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murder Victim was English

Originally Posted by busterboy
Have you wandered into Yorkshire talk, Lass?

LOL...musta...hate that....

But thanks so much for reading my posts so closely and caring enough to point that out...
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:09 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
LOL...musta...hate that....

But thanks so much for reading my posts so closely and caring enough to point that out...
And when you realise that it is 4.07am in Brum, you will realise what an utter anorak I really am!
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:25 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I think it is because Perth is a much smaller city and serious crime is still relatively rare. All the more relevant I guess to BE as she was English.
I don't know about serious crime being rare here. Spose it depends on your definition, but it seems every other week some poor sod gets their head kicked in and ends up in hospital on critical or serious ward, just cos they had a night out! In my book that's serious.

To be honest, I'm not even sure we can say perth has fewer murders per capita than other oz cities; look at all the murdered teens and young women over the last 10 yrs in this city. And let's not forget little Sofia 8yr old who was raped and murdered earlier this year in a public toilet in a shopping mall

I recall, not that long ago a 20's mum was murdered by some stalker and left behind her young daughter.

Yes this victim being from UK does add a releavance, which is why I posted this info on the thread I had started the other day (as soon as I found out).

All the more hard on her parents as no doubt they came here for a better life for themselves and their child/ren
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:30 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
There was the stabbing of the security guard the other day which was in Sydney's west. The man's niece is a member here..... remember that? Wsn't a murder but it was damn close.
If I see any murders, I'll remember to post them for you.
The 9 month old Sydney baby who had it's throat savaged with a meat cleaver yesterday and died. Apparently by a 53 yr old, just released psychiatric patient.

Words (and emoticons) can't begin to express how I feel about that!
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:55 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Vash is no doubt having a life...

Is any BE member allowed to have one of those ?
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 4:29 am
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by sme
Highly presumptious - wheres Vash and his stats ?
Vash is purely a PR type: Let me refresh your memory.

sarah spiers (18)
Kaira glennon (27)
jane rimmer (23)
hayley dodd (17)
louise brown (23, solo mum)
sofia rodreigus-arita-shu ( 8, not 100% on the spelling)

and these are just the tip of the tip of the iceberg. They easy to remember because they have had such prominence in the media here, but there have been many many others since I have lived in perth.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 5:11 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Vash is purely a PR type: Let me refresh your memory.

sarah spiers (18)
Kaira glennon (27)
jane rimmer (23)
hayley dodd (17)
louise brown (23, solo mum)
sofia rodreigus-arita-shu ( 8, not 100% on the spelling)

and these are just the tip of the tip of the iceberg. They easy to remember because they have had such prominence in the media here, but there have been many many others since I have lived in perth.

I'm not a statistician and not picking fights regarding pro or anti Perth: merely pointing out that horrific murders occur anywhere.
I'm sure Suffolk's stats regarding murders come way low but have just had a serial killer prowling.
I just thought that the comment implying Perth is the violence capital of Australia a tad sweeping
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 5:23 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
I'm not a statistician and not picking fights regarding pro or anti Perth: merely pointing out that horrific murders occur anywhere.
I'm sure Suffolk's stats regarding murders come way low but have just had a serial killer prowling.
I just thought that the comment implying Perth is the violence capital of Australia a tad sweeping

Please don't tell me that surprises you???
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 5:33 am
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by sme
I appreciate your post, it's just having lived in this city for over a decade I am maybe a bit more familiar with the violent crime situation of the last 10 or so years here.

The poster whose comment you refer to was not without some foundation, and as she is a very new member of this forum, I was more than a little annoyed at people jumping on her.

Let's all face facts (not just sme): Many people join BE to gain info and some online support and it is important for them to hear both negative and positive viewpoints. And for us all to try and put ourselves in their shoes and be a bit more friednly to each other. It costs us nothing to do that, after all.

have a great xmas n new year everyone
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 5:37 am
Jedi Princess

Please don't tell me that surprises you???
You ever actually lived in perth ?

Have a nice xmas
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 5:42 am
sme
......in the sand !

I appreciate your post, it's just having lived in this city for over a decade I am maybe a bit more familiar with the violent crime situation of the last 10 or so years here.

I guess my own experiences of living and working in dodgy parts of London somewhat colours my view of the level of violence in Perth
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 5:44 am

You ever actually lived in perth ?

Have a nice xmas

My Dad was Perth born and bred and yes, I lived there as a kid and have holidayed there....

What are YOU implying???
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by sme
I guess my own experiences of living and working in dodgy parts of London somewhat colours my view of the level of violence in Perth

What, with all that community spirit that they have there in London??

Old Dec 23rd 2006, 5:50 am
sme
......in the sand !

What, with all that community spirit that they have there in London??

Roll out the barrel and all that sort of cockney knees up
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 5:51 am
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by sme
I think that's pretty understandable, remember though London is a city that goes from 8 million to near double that in the tourist high season! And the thing is most of the time, (at least in the western world) though violence does occur, it's not something we usually witness (esp if wer'e not in dodgy areas), so we can get a false sense of security easily enough. I mean if you drive everywhere in perth, you're hardly likely to witness or be a victim to a street kid gang attack at a suburban train station at night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.