Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Murder Victim was English

Wikiposts

Murder Victim was English

Old Dec 22nd 2006, 5:54 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murder Victim was English

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
What, with all that community spirit that they have there in London??

There is actually a lot of community spirit there. Most people are'nt violent hoodlums looking for a victim... surprise, surprise
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 5:56 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
There is actually a lot of community spirit there. Most people are'nt violent hoodlums looking for a victim... surprise, surprise

Its easy to see you havent lived there for nearly 20 years
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 5:59 pm
Banned

Ellesse will become famous soon enoughEllesse will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by northernbird
Are you for real??
Yes, I am a realist, are you?

Burying your head in the sand and ignoring what is going on is not the way to go and is unhelpful in the context of a forum like this.

When I think of Perth I think of bikie gangs and drugs. What also springs to mind are some of the killings that have gone on over the last few years, normally brutal and extremely violent deaths like that of the little girl raped and murdered in a shopping centre toilet.

I am sure someone can come along with statistics to make me look stupid but I could collect data to show almost anything too, just cant be arsed.

Have a nice Xmas.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 6:02 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

remember though London is a city that goes from 8 million to near double that in the tourist high season!

Not in Harlesden :scared:
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 6:06 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

It's a very very big city, more than twice the size of sydney and that has to be taken into account. But The UK still does have a history of community interaction (maybe in ways because they have been through so much adversity). It is something that sadly lacks in oz in my experience and from what i have read on the subject as well. But it is true also to say that there has been a universal decline in the last 20 yrs or more due to the changing political, ecomonic and technological landscape.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 6:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Please tell me you're not serious. This is London, England you are commentating on?

What an incredibly naive statement. I assume you don't know London very well?
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 6:07 pm
Jedi Princess

My Dad was Perth born and bred and yes, I lived there as a kid and have holidayed there....

What are YOU implying???
LOL
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 6:10 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ellesse
Have a nice Xmas.

You too
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 6:11 pm
sme
......in the sand !

a history of community interaction

Black on black crime springs to mind (huge problem in London)
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 6:12 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

It's a very very big city, more than twice the size of sydney and that has to be taken into account. But The UK still does have a history of community interaction (maybe in ways because they have been through so much adversity). It is something that sadly lacks in oz in my experience and from what i have read on the subject as well. But it is true also to say that there has been a universal decline in the last 20 yrs or more due to the changing political, ecomonic and technological landscape.

I just cant see how you can compare Australia and the UK(London) when you havent lived there for nearly 20 years and even then, was only there for 1 year. I am not putting down London, nor the UK. I loved it when I lived there for 4 years, up until just 2 years ago. Nor am I blindly defending Australia, just stating facts as I know them.

If you havent experienced the Community spirit in Australia, then perhaps its you not getting out into the Community to see all the good work that every day people do? My Husband has just spent 3 days on a voluntary basis up protecting peoples homes from fires with thousands of other volunteers. That is but ONE example...I could go on, if you wish?

Last edited by Hels Bells; Dec 22nd 2006 at 6:14 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Please tell me you're not serious. This is London, England you are commentating on?

What an incredibly naive statement. I assume you don't know London very well?

No need to assume, matey

I lived in London (Bayswater, Lancaster Gate area mainly) for around a year and then spent a couple months in a place called Neath in Sth Wales. This was back in 88-89.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 6:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No need to assume, matey
Oh KC I apologise. I bow your greater knowledge of the place. I only worked there for 12 years and lived 25 miles out for 45 years.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 6:18 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
I'm not a statistician and not picking fights regarding pro or anti Perth: merely pointing out that horrific murders occur anywhere.
I'm sure Suffolk's stats regarding murders come way low but have just had a serial killer prowling.
I just thought that the comment implying Perth is the violence capital of Australia a tad sweeping
Quite... Murders do occur everywhere - obviously...

Suffolk is a very sleepy place indeed; FYI I'm from Ipswich and it's a bit shocking to be reading about your home area in such circumstances...

A brief look at the Australian Institute of Criminology will pretty much confirm your suspicions that for homicides WA is no worse than the national average in their latest published figures...

Edit: And I believe they have a 100% record in catching the perps...

Last edited by DrWho; Dec 22nd 2006 at 6:36 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by rodders39
Quite... Murders do occur everywhere - obviously...

Suffolk is a very sleepy place indeed; FYI I'm from Ipswich and it's a bit shocking to be reading about your home area in such circumstances...

A brief look at the Australian Institute of Criminology will pretty much confirm your suspicions that for homicides WA is no worse than the national average in their latest published figures...

Now listen....you just have to stop this!!

Quit ruining peoples good bitching posts with facts!!! Sheesh!!

Old Dec 22nd 2006, 6:22 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

There was FA community spirit when I first lived there in '82... And it's got no better...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.