Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Mcann's on the US Circuit Now....

Mcann's on the US Circuit Now....

Old May 3rd 2009, 8:18 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mcann's on the US Circuit Now....

Shannon Matthews case was perverse, thats why it grabbed media attention.

If the parents of Shannon matthews had left that child in Portgual as the Mcanns did, they would have been prosecuted and vilified..... thats the socio-econmic factor that would have come in..

They arent a like at all.....

The Mcanns are very smart and have outsmarted the justice system and manipulated the media, but the media is just waiting for sure....

i wonder what their tipple is when they are in them first class seats ont he private jets etc.... surely they would save that money and put it to good use...

And what will oparah winfrey do.... what did they give out at the end as present to the audience...

Mcann Baby Alarms with a 1km recieving distance....

Makes me sicj to see them too on international TV..

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I believe Madeleine was kidnapped and is probably dead by now.

Many people take the line that "this case is only received so much publicity because the parents are rich professionals". That view was shattered by the Shannon Matthews case, which proved that the attention of the media and the public is grabbed by events, rather than socio-economic factors.

Continued interest in the McCann story is generated largely and primarily by the fact that Madeleine's disappearance was so mysterious; it's almost a Marie Celeste situation. The child simply vanished without any trace or evidence, while her siblings were left behind, unharmed. Of course, her parents have worked hard to keep their campaign running, which is both commendable and perfectly understandable.

I believe that the McCanns were terribly negligent - perhaps criminally so - and I think they should be prosecuted for it. But I do not believe they are murderers.

If - by some miraculous and as-yet-undiscovered means - they did kill their daughter, they must be criminal masterminds of the highest order, because at this stage the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is a classic example of the perfect crime.
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:47 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Mcann's on the US Circuit Now....

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
Shannon Matthews case was perverse, thats why it grabbed media attention.
It grabbed media attention before we knew that it was perverse. The perversion merely added a titillating condiment for the Daily Mail crowd.

If the parents of Shannon matthews had left that child in Portgual as the Mcanns did, they would have been prosecuted and vilified..... thats the socio-econmic factor that would have come in..
Vilified, yes. Prosecuted? I don't think that's a given. (Unless you believe that the police only prosecute poor people?) Let's remember that the McCanns have had their fair share of vilification.

They arent a like at all.....

The Mcanns are very smart and have outsmarted the justice system and manipulated the media, but the media is just waiting for sure....

i wonder what their tipple is when they are in them first class seats ont he private jets etc.... surely they would save that money and put it to good use...

And what will oparah winfrey do.... what did they give out at the end as present to the audience...

Mcann Baby Alarms with a 1km recieving distance....

Makes me sicj to see them too on international TV..
You seem remarkably certain of their guilt. Perhaps you should contact the relevant authorities and clear up the mystery for us all.
Old May 3rd 2009, 10:58 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I believe Madeleine was kidnapped and is probably dead by now.

Many people take the line that "this case is only received so much publicity because the parents are rich professionals". That view was shattered by the Shannon Matthews case, which proved that the attention of the media and the public is grabbed by events, rather than socio-economic factors.

Continued interest in the McCann story is generated largely and primarily by the fact that Madeleine's disappearance was so mysterious; it's almost a Marie Celeste situation. The child simply vanished without any trace or evidence, while her siblings were left behind, unharmed. Of course, her parents have worked hard to keep their campaign running, which is both commendable and perfectly understandable.

I believe that the McCanns were terribly negligent - perhaps criminally so - and I think they should be prosecuted for it. But I do not believe they are murderers.

If - by some miraculous and as-yet-undiscovered means - they did kill their daughter, they must be criminal masterminds of the highest order, because at this stage the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is a classic example of the perfect crime.
Well said V the S!!! i agree with all of the above, i definately don't think they are murderers. What they were doing every night though is unforgiveable, for ever.
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

http://censuredinuk09.blip.tv/#2046709 makes interesting viewing.

I wasn't in the UK when this happened, but everything I have seen of the McCanns seems off, not how I would expect parents in their position to react. I certainly can't understand why they would need to hire lawyers within days of Maddie's disappearance. I am not sure that anyone will be brought to justice for this.
Old May 4th 2009, 1:55 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

A couple of things...
do you all remember little Ben Needham? who was (apparently) snatched from his grans home on greek island whilst his mum was out and he was in his grans care? I dont recall there being as prolonged amount of attention given to the poor family in that case as there has been for the mcanns- why is that? From what I can remember that family were never even considered to have been 'involved' in his disappearance (no further the initial investigation into his disappearance)
Are those overseas police as 'good' as the uk police in investingating these things?
Out of interest, what age did you start to leave your kids (at home) whilst you went out for a brief period in the evenings?
Old May 4th 2009, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
One of the theories put out at the time was that she had been accidently given and overdose by her "doctor" father. From what I read she used to have terrible trouble sleeping so she was on prescribed medication to help her sleep.
The mother was an anaesthetist before she became a GP. Always thought (and still do) it was her who gave the girl an accidental overdose.
Old May 4th 2009, 2:32 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=squeezzii;7538605]A couple of things...
do you all remember little Ben Needham? who was (apparently) snatched from his grans home on greek island whilst his mum was out and he was in his grans care? I dont recall there being as prolonged amount of attention given to the poor family in that case as there has been for the mcanns- why is that? From what I can remember that family were never even considered to have been 'involved' in his disappearance (no further the initial investigation into his disappearance)
Are those overseas police as 'good' as the uk police in investingating these things?
Out of interest, what age did you start to leave your kids (at home) whilst you went out for a brief period in the evenings?[/QUOTE]

That is an interesting point but 4 years old is so young to leave at home and how her parents could think that she was responsible enough to be left with the twins beggars belief.

Being upstairs/downstairs in the SAME property as your child when they get abducted is a tragedy.

Being in a Tapas bar leaving your toddler and babies fast asleep in another building and assuming/hoping your kids will sleep while you enjoy your 15 mins is another entirely.

I am sure it is illegal to leave kids of that age alone, I could be wrong though.
Old May 4th 2009, 2:49 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps they should contact Jack malone and his team from 'without a trace',they seem to have a pretty good track record
Old May 4th 2009, 7:51 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Like I said before.

The nre mcann monitor is coming. Has sat comms so you can listen to your kids whilst overseas.
Even come with dial a pizza so they get food deliverys.

Deluxe versions come with live cams so u never have to supervise or be present.
Old May 4th 2009, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=La Vida loca;7534785]No its not a wind up.

So they dont deserve punishing.... seems they got off lightly, and I hope they are punished for what they did, I personally dont feel sorry for them, more the girl that they helped get kidnapped.

Got off lightly????
There daughter has been missing for 2 years, I dont think thats getting off lightly!!
No-one knows what happened that night................but whatever 'mistakes' those parents made, they have to live each day not knowing what happened to their daughter!
Old May 4th 2009, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have to disagree, it was famous because she was pretty, her parents were doctors, and lots of Brits go to Portugal/Spain (implied)

Most of the comments on here also seem to show a horrible jealousy of the McCanns and their lifestyle.

So if you were sitting across a pool from your apartment where your kids were sleeping would you be worried?

Or is it easier to have a dig at a few doctors who regret assuming that being within viewing and hearing distance of their apartment was not enough to stop their child being kidnapped, and them being dragged through the gutter by the media?

JTL
Old May 4th 2009, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

ozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really nice

Originally Posted by soapy©
im a bit shocked by this thread
ok, they left the kids alone!
crime time for anyone who does this, might be about 6 months, tops!
so lets lock them up for 6 months then after that leave them alone to find their child.
to carry the guilt this couple have for the rest of their life, i wouldnt care if they turned up at my door. at least they are still trying to fix what the fkd up.

heres my question. if and its a big IF they ever find her, should they be allowed to keep her? being such bad people and all that.

but hey its just my opinion and a can have a go at anyone as long as i say its just my opinion, dont need to feel guilty about it

I completely agree with you ! I ma shocked at all those self righteous views !
I am sure they'd happily go to prison for a few years if it brought their daughter back!
I am not a perfect parent either and on occasions I have left my young children in the car while I rushed into a shop to grab a loaf of bread ...Was I lucky or did I just judge the risk as non existent as the Mc Cann's did when they left their children alone . It wasn't neglect, it was an error of judgement! And they will pay for it forever!
Old May 4th 2009, 12:44 pm
Knight Templar

tomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I'd have to disagree, it was famous because she was pretty, her parents were doctors, and lots of Brits go to Portugal/Spain (implied)

Most of the comments on here also seem to show a horrible jealousy of the McCanns and their lifestyle.

So if you were sitting across a pool from your apartment where your kids were sleeping would you be worried?

Or is it easier to have a dig at a few doctors who regret assuming that being within viewing and hearing distance of their apartment was not enough to stop their child being kidnapped, and them being dragged through the gutter by the media?

JTL
Jack,

If you're going to defend the McCanns then, at least, try to get the facts right.

The restuarant was over 100m from the apartment.

It was out of sight of the apartment.

Furthermore, this was not the first occasion, on this holiday, when the children were left alone.

Also, I have no interest in the McCanns' status other than the fact that they were criminally negligent parents. I'm very easy about their latent guilt as it is of their own making.

I am concerned, however, for the well-being of Madeleine and hope that she is happy, wherever she is.

Kate and Gerry McCann should feel the full force of the Law for the selfish, callow and criminal behaviour in the hope that it will prove a deterrent to other like-minded "caring parents".
Old May 4th 2009, 12:58 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomarense
Jack,

If you're going to defend the McCanns then, at least, try to get the facts right.

Furthermore, this was not the first occasion, on this holiday, when the children were left alone.

Also, I have no interest in the McCanns' status other than the fact that they were criminally negligent parents. I'm very easy about their latent guilt as it is of their own making.

I am concerned, however, for the well-being of Madeleine and hope that she is happy, wherever she is.

Kate and Gerry McCann should feel the full force of the Law for the selfish, callow and criminal behaviour in the hope that it will prove a deterrent to other like-minded "caring parents".
Completely agree with that.

I have no idea why anyone would defend the McCann's - what rights did Madeleine have in all this mess?
Old May 4th 2009, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomarense
Jack,

Well you've obviously seen different documentaries to the ones I've watched.

Computer graphics and everything showed they could see the apartment. we can't know about the noise level and whether they could have heard anyone breaking into their apartment above the noise of the tapas bar.

Anyway, this is all pointless speculation. Let the authorities deal with it.

JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.