Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Mcann's on the US Circuit Now....

Mcann's on the US Circuit Now....

Old May 2nd 2009, 3:54 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mcann's on the US Circuit Now....

I'm courting controversy here, but I believe Kate Mcann did away with the kid. I have believed this from day 1. She's just to cool and calm about the whole thing and seems to revel in the media frenzy thats been whipped up. They will find the poor mites body in about ten years when some huntsman takes a leak in the woods and ends up pissing on her bones.

Kate Mcann = Guilty as ****!!
Old May 2nd 2009, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably left them the twins home alone in the UK, seems they are innocent of all criminal offecnces and humanity.

Like I say imagine if it was some poor social misfit from Glasgow or similar, they would be vilified....hung drawn and quartered.

Originally Posted by UncleKev
What sort of life are the twins having? Do they get carted around the world with the parents or are they left behind in England with baby sitters?

Surely having lost one kid, the priority must be to give the remaining ones as normal a life as possible?

Why would this family want to spend any more time in hotels at all, given their history.
Old May 2nd 2009, 4:08 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Aye they huv suffered, but maybe not as much as Madeleine has!!!

They caused that.
Yes I know but they have to live with that every day of their lives
Old May 2nd 2009, 5:30 pm
Knight Templar

tomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mabozar
Yeah, you're right....................on the Celebrity Circuit.

BTW, what other missing child, or family, is benefitting from the Grand Tour of the McCanns???
Old May 2nd 2009, 7:12 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

OK now this is something as a parent myself i like many feel very strongly about.

The B all and end all is that if they had put there children's saftey before there 'quality time ' or what ever they want to call it... a the end of they day they are they just wanted ANOTHER meal without the kids supping fancy wine with ther mates then they would still have Maddie with them now. end of story

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
Very happy just no mates around me to throw this in for discussion.

So far great I am leaving my kids locked up in their bedroom tonight, with no parents or guardians....

If its good enough for a Doctor to do, why the hell not me.....
Yep too true if they were scumbags from the local estate i,m ure this case would have been forgotton by now!
No more babysitters,,,, yahooooooo, and if anything happens, I can go around telling everyone it wasnt my fault.....and get paid for it....
Originally Posted by Rachel1978
I feel 100% that the McCanns should be prosecuted for leaving Maddie. The fact that they left their children that night, one 3 year old and two 18 month old twins beggars belief. I couldn't contemplate leaving my kids, if I even went out the door for 20 seconds my mind would be racing with all the possibilities of what could happen. It was irresponsible and child neglect.

At the end of the day, if they hadn't of left her, she wouldn't have got taken and would be safely in their arms now.

I fail to understand how people can be so sympathetic towards them, I would personally like to see both of them prosecuted.

I'm sure if you could ask Maddie, she would say she wished her mother hadn't left her alone!!!!

It is your responsibility as a parent to protect and look after your children, both of these factors she failed on!!!
Hear Hear...........ditto!

They should be prosecuted for child neglect, end of story.
Originally Posted by tomarense
They deserve to be crucified. What they did was unforgivable; they failed in their first duty as parents - to protect and care for their children.

This was not a simple mistake, it was a chosen derliction of the responsibility as parents.

As has been said, if the McCanns had been of a lesser status they would have been prosecuted.

The main reason why they should be taken to task is to ensure, as far as possible, that children are not placed in danger due to the selfishness of their parents or guardians.

Having said that, I fervently hope that Madaleine has come to no real harm, and is happy wherever she is.
Originally Posted by moneypen20
Regardless of the blame for leaving the children, if they are on the US circuit to try and make some headway in finding Maddie then I say go for it. I personally don't think she'll ever be found, even if she's still alive BUT they made a massive mistake and will live with that mistake for the rest of their lives. If they can do something to a) help them sleep at night, and b) highlight the plight of the thousands of children who go missing every year then who wouldn't do that? And if that means touring the world talking about it and raising money to help towards searching for any child then that's what they have to do.
Originally Posted by ShoreyM
Can we please remember, this wasn't the only night she was left alone? So they didn't make a mistake "for one night" as some have stated. This was the last night of their 2 week holiday and the children (3 under 3) were left alone, as were the other's children for 13 nights.

That poor child, whatever has happened to her. The parents are to blame 100%. They might (?) not have killed her but their actions led to her going missing. If it were me, I would blame myself every single day and deserve all the guilt and pain that came my way. Your children are your most precious things. I bet their passports and euros were securely locked in a safe.
Originally Posted by soapy©
im a bit shocked by this thread
ok, they left the kids alone!
crime time for anyone who does this, might be about 6 months, tops!
so lets lock them up for 6 months then after that leave them alone to find their child.
to carry the guilt this couple have for the rest of their life, i wouldnt care if they turned up at my door. at least they are still trying to fix what the fkd up.

heres my question. if and its a big IF they ever find her, should they be allowed to keep her? being such bad people and all that.

but hey its just my opinion and a can have a go at anyone as long as i say its just my opinion, dont need to feel guilty about it
Many a true word there MP

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
Probably left them the twins home alone in the UK, seems they are innocent of all criminal offecnces and humanity.

Like I say imagine if it was some poor social misfit from Glasgow or similar, they would be vilified....hung drawn and quartered.
Your Right LVL

Dougie
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

All interresting reading.

The scenario that the parents left the kids to enjoy adult time seems to be a problem for many adults I see.

The logic seems to be - I have kids, but it is my life and they have to fit in. If inconvenient, they will be left on the sidelines until it is convenient for me, then I will let them back.

Hence the kids get into trouble, have problems etc. I am firmly of the belief that you choose to have kids, not the other way round. You cannot expect your kidfree life to continue without change. Kids = big lifestyle change! If no change then you are not giving the kids the nurturing/attention they need in their developing years.

TD
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:15 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
OK now this is something as a parent myself i like many feel very strongly about.

The B all and end all is that if they had put there children's saftey before there 'quality time ' or what ever they want to call it... a the end of they day they are they just wanted ANOTHER meal without the kids supping fancy wine with ther mates then they would still have Maddie with them now. end of story

Many a true word there MP

Your Right LVL

Dougie

Scumbags from run down estates DON'T leave their kids in on their own - they trail them around all the pubs with them!

Far safer if you ask me. Selfish, but safer.
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:16 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mabozar
and so they should! A wee lassie has lost her life (probably) because of them.
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:20 am

Kate McCann ............and then there was Karen Matthews
Old May 3rd 2009, 2:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Kate McCann ............and then there was Karen Matthews
& who said appearances & social stature don't count in the eyes of the law?!
Old May 3rd 2009, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
& who said appearances & social stature don't count in the eyes of the law?!
My point exactly!
Old May 3rd 2009, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

One of the theories put out at the time was that she had been accidently given and overdose by her "doctor" father. From what I read she used to have terrible trouble sleeping so she was on prescribed medication to help her sleep. Did he give her an extra dose so she wouldn't ruin their night out, like she did apparantley a few night previous? Also some questions were asked which I find interesting.
Two of which:- why did they not phone the police for nearly 2 hours? And why did the Cadaver dogs confirm there had been death in the appartment? If she had walked off or been snatched, they wouldn't have sensed it would they? I believe it was an accidental overdose, they've disposed of the body, then phoned the police.
Old May 3rd 2009, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

I remember feeling so sick and wondering just how the poor parents would be able to cope after poor Madeleine had gone missing.Then I read about her and her siblings being left on their own in an unlocked apartment.After that I just felt very angry at the McCann's who let their daughter down.

I maybe should feel sorry for them but I don't.What was it they said it was reasonable parenting?They were more concerned about their image than just saying we were wrong.

I will save all my sympathy for poor Madeleine and her twins when they find out how they were let down.Sue.
Old May 3rd 2009, 3:47 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
One of the theories put out at the time was that she had been accidently given and overdose by her "doctor" father. From what I read she used to have terrible trouble sleeping so she was on prescribed medication to help her sleep. Did he give her an extra dose so she wouldn't ruin their night out, like she did apparantley a few night previous? Also some questions were asked which I find interesting.
Two of which:- why did they not phone the police for nearly 2 hours? And why did the Cadaver dogs confirm there had been death in the appartment? If she had walked off or been snatched, they wouldn't have sensed it would they? I believe it was an accidental overdose, they've disposed of the body, then phoned the police.
When Mr PP and I went to Bodrum in Turkey, we were all at this little bar - there were a group of us.

Someone reported their 5 year old little girl missing, she had wondered off or something in literally a 5 minute timeframe - the parents were panic striken and wanted to call the police there and then, in fact they were yelling at the barman to do it.

A waiter came up and said that a friend of the family had taken the child back to the hotel at Club Armonia down the road for something or other.

The mother was distraught and still wanted the cops called but just as she was going to, the family friend who was a woman, brought the little girl back and they all had a heated debate about it and it was all sorted, I think the child had wet herself or something if my memory serves me.

Anyway, waiting 2 hours to call the cops? No way, this mother was beside herself and wanted action then and there.

Personally I dont know how anyone can think a 4 year old is responsible to leave on her own with twins. A night out cannot be that important surely?

And what did they expect her to do in an emergency?

But then again I am not a mother, perhaps if I was I might think it is perfectly OK to leave a toddler on her own, I might think it is the same as being in the garden while she is asleep upstairs.

But somehow, I doubt it. I wouldnt leave my best camera on view in an apartment, let alone the most precious thing in the world - a child.

Maybe they did check the apartment every 15 mins, but somehow I doubt that as well - 15 mins can extend to 30 mins when you are enjoying yourself.

Was this the only time the child was left alone? Was someone watching the apartment and knew the routine which enabled them to get into the accommodation and take Maddie?

Checking up on her every 15 mins was no good though was it? It took less time to take her than 15 mins.

The McCann's are now paying the price - but whatever price they are paying, no matter how much they wanted that night out - Maddie paid a far higher price than they ever will.

That poor little girl.
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:04 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Mcann's on the US Circuit Now....

I believe Madeleine was kidnapped and is probably dead by now.

Many people take the line that "this case is only received so much publicity because the parents are rich professionals". That view was shattered by the Shannon Matthews case, which proved that the attention of the media and the public is grabbed by events, rather than socio-economic factors.

Continued interest in the McCann story is generated largely and primarily by the fact that Madeleine's disappearance was so mysterious; it's almost a Marie Celeste situation. The child simply vanished without any trace or evidence, while her siblings were left behind, unharmed. Of course, her parents have worked hard to keep their campaign running, which is both commendable and perfectly understandable.

I believe that the McCanns were terribly negligent - perhaps criminally so - and I think they should be prosecuted for it. But I do not believe they are murderers.

If - by some miraculous and as-yet-undiscovered means - they did kill their daughter, they must be criminal masterminds of the highest order, because at this stage the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is a classic example of the perfect crime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.