Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Mcann's on the US Circuit Now....

Mcann's on the US Circuit Now....

Old May 2nd 2009, 9:33 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mcann's on the US Circuit Now....

Originally Posted by Rachel1978
I feel 100% that the McCanns should be prosecuted for leaving Maddie. The fact that they left their children that night, one 3 year old and two 18 month old twins beggars belief. I couldn't contemplate leaving my kids, if I even went out the door for 20 seconds my mind would be racing with all the possibilities of what could happen. It was irresponsible and child neglect.

At the end of the day, if they hadn't of left her, she wouldn't have got taken and would be safely in their arms now.

I fail to understand how people can be so sympathetic towards them, I would personally like to see both of them prosecuted.

I'm sure if you could ask Maddie, she would say she wished her mother hadn't left her alone!!!!

It is your responsibility as a parent to protect and look after your children, both of these factors she failed on!!!

Hear Hear...........ditto!

They should be prosecuted for child neglect, end of story.
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:35 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
What ggod would that do in the hunt for their daughter. The scenario would be, we know your dying inside but we're going to lock you in a cell for 3-6 months. FFS dont you think they have suffered enough.
Aye they huv suffered, but maybe not as much as Madeleine has!!!

They caused that.
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Aye they huv suffered, but maybe not as much as Madeleine has!!!

They caused that.
We know that but read my last post. Am away tae watch new tricks and the bill then cellic humping Aberdeen. Ad luv tae stay but tata4noopeeps.
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:45 am
Knight Templar

tomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant future

I've read quite a bit on it Fraser and its all inconclusive what happened and until its certain, then conspiracy theories will arise but to crucify the McCanns for making a BIG mistake doesnt help to get Madeleine back. They have tried to keep the spotlight on the case which in my opinion (not worth much) would be rather foolish if they were guilty of any crime. The OP makes the point of them not being scum from the slums but due to their professions, they have the platform to publicise their case and if any good comes from that, well fair play to them.
They deserve to be crucified. What they did was unforgivable; they failed in their first duty as parents - to protect and care for their children.

This was not a simple mistake, it was a chosen derliction of the responsibility as parents.

As has been said, if the McCanns had been of a lesser status they would have been prosecuted.

The main reason why they should be taken to task is to ensure, as far as possible, that children are not placed in danger due to the selfishness of their parents or guardians.

Having said that, I fervently hope that Madaleine has come to no real harm, and is happy wherever she is.
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:49 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
I see the Mcann's are doing the US circuit what is next, Presidecy run.

Poor Madelaine, what ever happened, she was neglected by her parents, now they have the usual sympathy vote.

My cynical opinion is they should be tried for child cruelty and neglect with aiding a criminal.

This is typical of media manipilation like the Jade Goody comedy show.

Wont be long until they are down under, running the circuit at £50k a pop.
I think they are going through enough pain every day with what's happened.

Carol
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless of the blame for leaving the children, if they are on the US circuit to try and make some headway in finding Maddie then I say go for it. I personally don't think she'll ever be found, even if she's still alive BUT they made a massive mistake and will live with that mistake for the rest of their lives. If they can do something to a) help them sleep at night, and b) highlight the plight of the thousands of children who go missing every year then who wouldn't do that? And if that means touring the world talking about it and raising money to help towards searching for any child then that's what they have to do.
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

What ggod would that do in the hunt for their daughter. The scenario would be, we know your dying inside but we're going to lock you in a cell for 3-6 months. FFS dont you think they have suffered enough.

I'm sure they are suffering, but I find it hard to feel sorry for someone who was so neglectful to their child, it was their responsibilty to care for her and make sure she was looked after properly. The McCanns priority was having a quiet dinner with their friends with no children bothering them, something I find hard to understand, if you want that sort of life, don't have kids!!
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachel1978
I'm sure they are suffering, but I find it hard to feel sorry for someone who was so neglectful to their child, it was their responsibilty to care for her and make sure she was looked after properly. The McCanns priority was having a quiet dinner with their friends with no children bothering them, something I find hard to understand, if you want that sort of life, don't have kids!!
Rachel, we make mistakes every day but theirs was a monumental one so what good will it do to beat them with a big stick. As MP says, they f**ked up big time and they've got to live with that. Personally, I think shes dead but not killed by them but as I said earlier my opinion counts for nought.
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Can we please remember, this wasn't the only night she was left alone? So they didn't make a mistake "for one night" as some have stated. This was the last night of their 2 week holiday and the children (3 under 3) were left alone, as were the other's children for 13 nights.

That poor child, whatever has happened to her. The parents are to blame 100%. They might (?) not have killed her but their actions led to her going missing. If it were me, I would blame myself every single day and deserve all the guilt and pain that came my way. Your children are your most precious things. I bet their passports and euros were securely locked in a safe.
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

wednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant future

Sorry, but no matter how hard they look, that poor girl will not be found in a theatre in the U S of A.

"I bet their passports and euros were securely locked in a safe." Great quote, and completely true. I can guarantee that they didn't leave their other valubles lying around while they had dinner.

Just their daughter.

Last edited by wednesfield wolf; May 2nd 2009 at 10:47 am.
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:38 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wednesfield wolf
Sorry, but no matter how hard they look, that poor girl will not be found in a theatre in the U S of A.

that was my thinking as well. Even if Oprah is a huge show it only gets on UK satelite and I cant imagine prime time slots on the continent. Very strange that they didnt do at least a major UK show
Old May 2nd 2009, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

All for show, they want to be celebrity status, I havent tim for them at all, and think they should be in prison doing a 20 stretch, not first class travel and top hotels.....crocodile tears if you ask me.

Originally Posted by seang
that was my thinking as well. Even if Oprah is a huge show it only gets on UK satelite and I cant imagine prime time slots on the continent. Very strange that they didnt do at least a major UK show
Old May 2nd 2009, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
All for show, they want to be celebrity status, I havent tim for them at all, and think they should be in prison doing a 20 stretch, not first class travel and top hotels.....crocodile tears if you ask me.
I know what you are saying lvl - but they haven't murdered her have they now? There is no body, so child neglect so far is all they could/should be investigated for.

Just think, when the twins grow up and start asking questions and see newspaper clippings etc. -are they going to disown the parents, after all, it could very well have been them too, and they are surely going to be very bitter about Madeleine
Old May 2nd 2009, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

UncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud of

What sort of life are the twins having? Do they get carted around the world with the parents or are they left behind in England with baby sitters?

Surely having lost one kid, the priority must be to give the remaining ones as normal a life as possible?

Why would this family want to spend any more time in hotels at all, given their history.
Old May 2nd 2009, 3:33 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

im a bit shocked by this thread
ok, they left the kids alone!
crime time for anyone who does this, might be about 6 months, tops!
so lets lock them up for 6 months then after that leave them alone to find their child.
to carry the guilt this couple have for the rest of their life, i wouldnt care if they turned up at my door. at least they are still trying to fix what the fkd up.

heres my question. if and its a big IF they ever find her, should they be allowed to keep her? being such bad people and all that.

but hey its just my opinion and a can have a go at anyone as long as i say its just my opinion, dont need to feel guilty about it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.