Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Mcann's on the US Circuit Now....

Mcann's on the US Circuit Now....

Old May 2nd 2009, 8:33 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mcann's on the US Circuit Now....

I see the Mcann's are doing the US circuit what is next, Presidecy run.

Poor Madelaine, what ever happened, she was neglected by her parents, now they have the usual sympathy vote.

My cynical opinion is they should be tried for child cruelty and neglect with aiding a criminal.

This is typical of media manipilation like the Jade Goody comedy show.

Wont be long until they are down under, running the circuit at £50k a pop.
Old May 2nd 2009, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mcann's on the US Circuit Now....

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
I see the Mcann's are doing the US circuit what is next, Presidecy run.

Poor Madelaine, what ever happened, she was neglected by her parents, now they have the usual sympathy vote.

My cynical opinion is they should be tried for child cruelty and neglect with aiding a criminal.

This is typical of media manipilation like the Jade Goody comedy show.

Wont be long until they are down under, running the circuit at £50k a pop.
Are you trying to be controversial or just a complete pr**k.
Old May 2nd 2009, 8:40 am
Account Closed

Yeah a prick, as I have an opionion that they sadly left a kid alone, to be kidnapped and an easy target.

If that controversial of course, but I am a prick aswell so dont worry.

I presume you endorse leaving kids on their own, in an unlocked apartment in Portugal. Must be the thing to do these days, will remember that tonight, when i pop for a pint around the corner.

PS..Sorry I shouldnt presume....

Originally Posted by framac67
Old May 2nd 2009, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully just another windup merchant. If my child had been snatched, I'd be doing absolutely everything and going anywhere I could to try to find her; if I didn't I would feel that I had let her down. God knows they must have beaten themselves up so much since leaving her alone and for that they did deserve some sort of punishment, but they must have suffered so much. First some people accused them of murdering her and now people moan about them getting so much publicity for Pete's sake. Give them a break.
Old May 2nd 2009, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont you think they know that As my mum (R.I.P.) used to say, "if you cant say something nice, say nothing at all". I think theres a bit of good advice for all of us.
Old May 2nd 2009, 8:52 am
Account Closed

No its not a wind up.

So they dont deserve punishing.... seems they got off lightly, and I hope they are punished for what they did, I personally dont feel sorry for them, more the girl that they helped get kidnapped.

But hey just my opionion, they should be stripped of their doctorates too, breach of code and conduct.

I think its a fair thing to say, as like I said before you are supporting the action they took on that night.

If it was some hard nut , unemployed, social welfare family from Birmingham, Id bet my life that peoples reactions would be different.

Dont you think they know that As my mum (R.I.P.) used to say, "if you cant say something nice, say nothing at all". I think theres a bit of good advice for all of us.
Old May 2nd 2009, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
No its not a wind up.

So they dont deserve punishing.... seems they got off lightly, and I hope they are punished for what they did, I personally dont feel sorry for them, more the girl that they helped get kidnapped.

But hey just my opionion, they should be stripped of their doctorates too, breach of code and conduct.

I think its a fair thing to say, as like I said before you are supporting the action they took on that night.

If it was some hard nut , unemployed, social welfare family from Birmingham, Id bet my life that peoples reactions would be different.
I dont believe its the first time you;ve tried to be controversial
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't aware I was "supporting the action they took on that night" - I thought I covered that with "they did deserve some sort of punishment". I don't however believe that the "flay em alive" attitude is helpful or constructive. I don't know if you are a parent, and if you are, your kids are lucky to have such a perfect parent (and you obviously care about kids). Mine aren't so lucky as I've made some seriously daft mistakes with them, real oh-bloody-hell, what-did-I-do-that-for things (in fact it's a miracle they are as happy and healthy as they are). Of course it's indefensible to leave your kids alone in a room, few (except the one's who've left their kids home alone whilst going on holiday) would disagree. They can't defend or change their actions, but they can keep on trying to find her.
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:05 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

The OP makes some valid points, if you have kids their safety comes first.

Their negligence led to her being taken at best, if there isn't something more sinister that occurred.

I was reading this today, some interesting theories.

http://madeleinefoundation.org/main/30-reasons/
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:10 am
Account Closed

Dont be a fool, I have kids, and am far from perfect as a parent so I cant go for that medal.

having kids at a young age, where lets say you are probably more prone to going out and getting smashed and leaving the kids on their own, I never once did this or thought of it, it wasnt responsible, now how come I got it at 20 something but two upstanding members of the community couldnt......

Just my opionion......what they did was a code red high risk, which I'd say was taboo..... to see them going on the circuits makes me question motives etc, and I basically think its wrong.... bit like chopper reid...

Reverse physcology get in there first before blame can be pinned on you.

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
I wasn't aware I was "supporting the action they took on that night" - I thought I covered that with "they did deserve some sort of punishment". I don't however believe that the "flay em alive" attitude is helpful or constructive. I don't know if you are a parent, and if you are, your kids are lucky to have such a perfect parent (and you obviously care about kids). Mine aren't so lucky as I've made some seriously daft mistakes with them, real oh-bloody-hell, what-did-I-do-that-for things (in fact it's a miracle they are as happy and healthy as they are). Of course it's indefensible to leave your kids alone in a room, few (except the one's who've left their kids home alone whilst going on holiday) would disagree. They can't defend or change their actions, but they can keep on trying to find her.
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:15 am
Three of us

hettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant future

Yep an absolute very unhappy pr**k !!!!!!!!!!! Well said !!!!
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:18 am
Account Closed

Very happy just no mates around me to throw this in for discussion.

So far great I am leaving my kids locked up in their bedroom tonight, with no parents or guardians....

If its good enough for a Doctor to do, why the hell not me.....

No more babysitters,,,, yahooooooo, and if anything happens, I can go around telling everyone it wasnt my fault.....and get paid for it....

Originally Posted by hettie
Yep an absolute very unhappy pr**k !!!!!!!!!!! Well said !!!!
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel 100% that the McCanns should be prosecuted for leaving Maddie. The fact that they left their children that night, one 3 year old and two 18 month old twins beggars belief. I couldn't contemplate leaving my kids, if I even went out the door for 20 seconds my mind would be racing with all the possibilities of what could happen. It was irresponsible and child neglect.

At the end of the day, if they hadn't of left her, she wouldn't have got taken and would be safely in their arms now.

I fail to understand how people can be so sympathetic towards them, I would personally like to see both of them prosecuted.

I'm sure if you could ask Maddie, she would say she wished her mother hadn't left her alone!!!!

It is your responsibility as a parent to protect and look after your children, both of these factors she failed on!!!
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fraser
The OP makes some valid points, if you have kids their safety comes first.

Their negligence led to her being taken at best, if there isn't something more sinister that occurred.

I was reading this today, some interesting theories.

http://madeleinefoundation.org/main/30-reasons/
I've read quite a bit on it Fraser and its all inconclusive what happened and until its certain, then conspiracy theories will arise but to crucify the McCanns for making a BIG mistake doesnt help to get Madeleine back. They have tried to keep the spotlight on the case which in my opinion (not worth much) would be rather foolish if they were guilty of any crime. The OP makes the point of them not being scum from the slums but due to their professions, they have the platform to publicise their case and if any good comes from that, well fair play to them.
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rachel1978
I feel 100% that the McCanns should be prosecuted for leaving Maddie. The fact that they left their children that night, one 3 year old and two 18 month old twins beggars belief. I couldn't contemplate leaving my kids, if I even went out the door for 20 seconds my mind would be racing with all the possibilities of what could happen. It was irresponsible and child neglect.

At the end of the day, if they hadn't of left her, she wouldn't have got taken and would be safely in their arms now.

I fail to understand how people can be so sympathetic towards them, I would personally like to see both of them prosecuted.

I'm sure if you could ask Maddie, she would say she wished her mother hadn't left her alone!!!!

It is your responsibility as a parent to protect and look after your children, both of these factors she failed on!!!
What ggod would that do in the hunt for their daughter. The scenario would be, we know your dying inside but we're going to lock you in a cell for 3-6 months. FFS dont you think they have suffered enough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.