MAY 2008 APPLICANTS

Old May 16th 2008, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

chandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant future
Default Re: MAY 2008 APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by home alone
Hi! tiger222, if you call up, Alan Collett, threads, from a couple of days ago, you can read for yourself, I think I'm the only one whose picked it out, no one else appears to be 'excited', but I am!!!! Regards Lin

Well by the time the bureaucracy is up and working it will be a year

Dont know if it will speed up the applications after that.
Old May 16th 2008, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Hi! tiger222, if you call up, Alan Collett, threads, from a couple of days ago, you can read for yourself, I think I'm the only one whose picked it out, no one else appears to be 'excited', but I am!!!! Regards Lin
I got nothing when I searched it....but I know they just migrated to new servers last night, so maybe the archives are not searchable, yet!
Old May 16th 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Try, Increase in number for Parent visas for 2008/09 - May 14th @
2.15pm, thats one I've found, hope this is ok? Regards Lin
Old May 16th 2008, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by tiger222
Lin -

Are you saying the your agent, Alan Collett, verified the news that more COs are being assigned and things will be moving faster for PR Visas? Oh JOY!
hello tiger

i feel like a women saying that

any who

apparentley they are openning three more centres to deal with all the visa by the end of june i will dig out the link over the weekend but i feel positive that the guys and gals over in DIAC are working herd to solve the back log

for now we will have to wait and wait and do some more waiting till then

enjoy the ride of your lifetime and who knows

if sharonm5 can get a visa in 1o days maybe we all can

take care and keep smiling

doc a roo
Old May 16th 2008, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Come on you May applicants, are there any yet?

I hope very much to be one!!!!!!!!! Lin

We are hoping to move to Perth hopefully within the next year or sooner.

TRA sent Feb 1, 2008
TRA Positive Acknowledgement Feb 12, 2008

Applied for WA State Skilled Sponsorship (applied online) May 8, 2008
Received approval from WA Government - May 15, 2008
Applied online for 176 Visa - May 15, 2008
Money taken and TRN number issued - May 15, 2008
Received Full Acknowledgment from Adelaide - May 16, 2008
Adelaide has requested everything including meds, police checks and supporting docs.

Meds booked - May 21, 2008
Police check booked - May 20, 2008
Sending everything by email no later than May 31, 2008
House going on the market - June 1, 2008

Looking forward to no more winters in Canada..... Priceless

Karen
Old May 17th 2008, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Hi! Karen, welcome to expats, wow! some visas move fast, congrats, hope you enjoy your new 'life'. We hope to be moving near Bunbury, which is
2 hours, down the coast from Perth, a bit more country'ish, this is the place our families, have already settled, one for 12 years, the other 2 years, they include 4 grandchildren, 6, 8, 10, & 12 years old, who we miss very much, our visa, a cpv 143 will take a little longer. Kind Regards Lin
Old May 17th 2008, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
We are hoping to move to Perth hopefully within the next year or sooner.

TRA sent Feb 1, 2008
TRA Positive Acknowledgement Feb 12, 2008

Applied for WA State Skilled Sponsorship (applied online) May 8, 2008
Received approval from WA Government - May 15, 2008
Applied online for 176 Visa - May 15, 2008
Money taken and TRN number issued - May 15, 2008
Received Full Acknowledgment from Adelaide - May 16, 2008
Adelaide has requested everything including meds, police checks and supporting docs.

Meds booked - May 21, 2008
Police check booked - May 20, 2008
Sending everything by email no later than May 31, 2008
House going on the market - June 1, 2008

Looking forward to no more winters in Canada..... Priceless

Karen
Karen -

Winters in Canada! How I can relate. We live in Wisconsin USA, just south of you but it only means our winters are shorter by 2 weeks. Last year's winter was the worst in a long time!!! We're done too!!

Welcome aboard the May thread!
Old May 17th 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tiger222
Karen -

Winters in Canada! How I can relate. We live in Wisconsin USA, just south of you but it only means our winters are shorter by 2 weeks. Last year's winter was the worst in a long time!!! We're done too!!

Welcome aboard the May thread!
Hello Fellow North American.... Yes last winter was really bad for us too.. I guess that is one of the reasons we want to move to Oz... We have been thinking about it since Xmas. What type of visa are you applying for?? have you had to do your meds and police check yet?? I just downloaded all the medical forms yesterday, and like I said I was able to get in and see the Panel doctor in Kitchener this coming Wednesday. It is happening very fast for some strange reason. On our email from the Adelaide Skills Processing Centre they have only given us 28 days to get all the info. To say I was shocked is an understatement. I was under the impression that it takes ages, but I guess each visa is assessed individually. I do now for a fact that the DIAC has to issue an additional 6000 visas before the end of June. The new immi minister is from West Perth, so I don't know if that has anything to do with our application, because we have been skilled sponsored by the WA government. Also our State Sponsorship apporoval only took less than 10 days as well.

Well take care... off to enjoy our Victoria Day long weekend.. I guess you Memorial day weekend is next week

Cheers
Karen
Old May 17th 2008, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by schwuk
So what are we May-bes doing about Police Checks and Meds? From looking at other timelines right now we're looking at six months (at least), so I don't want to rush into the meds, however my document checklist says that the police checks should be uploaded within 28 days... At least the new ACPOs don't take that long (do they?).

I hope everyone will keep their timeline up to date.

We have the same thing, when we applied online for our 176 WA state sponsored visa on May 16/08, they want everthing including meds and police checks. I have booked our meds and police checks for next week. I have heard through the grapevine that 6,000 additional visas need to be issued before the end of the year (June 30/08). So I am thinking that is why some of us are being asked to do our meds, looking at other peoples timelines it seems they don't get asked to do meds or pc from Adelaide until a few months after the application is lodged. Aslo I know that the new immi minister is the MP from Perth West, so I am hoping that because we are on a WA state sponsorship and OH is on the MODL as well that things might move along a little quicker.... dreamer I know... but we must have our dreams!!!

Cheers Karen
Old May 17th 2008, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi! Karen, welcome to expats, wow! some visas move fast, congrats, hope you enjoy your new 'life'. We hope to be moving near Bunbury, which is
2 hours, down the coast from Perth, a bit more country'ish, this is the place our families, have already settled, one for 12 years, the other 2 years, they include 4 grandchildren, 6, 8, 10, & 12 years old, who we miss very much, our visa, a cpv 143 will take a little longer. Kind Regards Lin
Hi Lin,

Actually we are hoping to move to the Mandurah area as one of the areas the WA chose for us is Peel. Looked already on REIWA for houses in that area to ge a good idea of how much it will cost us. It seems cheaper than some of the surburbs in Perth I was looking at. We have never been to Australia before and doubt if we will go down before we get our visa's. Oh well it will be an adventure... I have always wanted to go to Australia though ever since I was a little girl... My Nanny used to live outside Adelaide when she was very young for about 10 years (that was when it was real bush.. about 80 years ago), so she used to tell me about her life there. Also after living in Canada for 27 years, I am sick of winters... I was not born here (born and raised until 15 in the UK), so I never really adapted. Looking forward to being able to spend more than 5 months out of a year outside. Well best of luck with your visa application.

Cheers

Karen
Old May 17th 2008, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

chandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant future

Don't want to spoil your party but the letter asking for all the documents witin 28 days is a standard letter issued to all the applicants.

We have the same thing, when we applied online for our 176 WA state sponsored visa on May 16/08, they want everthing including meds and police checks. I have booked our meds and police checks for next week. I have heard through the grapevine that 6,000 additional visas need to be issued before the end of the year (June 30/08). So I am thinking that is why some of us are being asked to do our meds, looking at other peoples timelines it seems they don't get asked to do meds or pc from Adelaide until a few months after the application is lodged. Aslo I know that the new immi minister is the MP from Perth West, so I am hoping that because we are on a WA state sponsorship and OH is on the MODL as well that things might move along a little quicker.... dreamer I know... but we must have our dreams!!!

Cheers Karen
Old May 18th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hello Fellow North American.... Yes last winter was really bad for us too.. I guess that is one of the reasons we want to move to Oz... We have been thinking about it since Xmas. What type of visa are you applying for?? have you had to do your meds and police check yet?? I just downloaded all the medical forms yesterday, and like I said I was able to get in and see the Panel doctor in Kitchener this coming Wednesday. It is happening very fast for some strange reason. On our email from the Adelaide Skills Processing Centre they have only given us 28 days to get all the info. To say I was shocked is an understatement. I was under the impression that it takes ages, but I guess each visa is assessed individually. I do now for a fact that the DIAC has to issue an additional 6000 visas before the end of June. The new immi minister is from West Perth, so I don't know if that has anything to do with our application, because we have been skilled sponsored by the WA government. Also our State Sponsorship apporoval only took less than 10 days as well.

Well take care... off to enjoy our Victoria Day long weekend.. I guess you Memorial day weekend is next week

Cheers
Karen
Karen -

Just so you know, it's standard to request all the documents to be in within 28 days off application. The fact is that the wait is very long. You might be a tad bit faster because of sponsorship.....

Most people hold off on the Meds and PCCs for a few months because of the timeline. Will have to validate the visa within 1 year of the earliest of those two.

We applied for a 175 Independent PR Visa. OH didn't want to ask for state sponsorship - even though we needed 5 more points initially....chose to take IELTS instead.

We have our Meds booked for June 21. Just sent our PCC request off to FBI on Friday 17/04.

Yes, Memorial Day weekend, "the unofficial start of summer" is next weekend. But I have to say that this spring has been very cold - and I'm not think it's pool weather in the slightest. Our outdoor pool opens next weekend - but I don't know if they actually will, its so cold.

Enjoy your holiday weekend
Old May 18th 2008, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Lin,

Actually we are hoping to move to the Mandurah area as one of the areas the WA chose for us is Peel. Looked already on REIWA for houses in that area to ge a good idea of how much it will cost us. It seems cheaper than some of the surburbs in Perth I was looking at. We have never been to Australia before and doubt if we will go down before we get our visa's. Oh well it will be an adventure... I have always wanted to go to Australia though ever since I was a little girl... My Nanny used to live outside Adelaide when she was very young for about 10 years (that was when it was real bush.. about 80 years ago), so she used to tell me about her life there. Also after living in Canada for 27 years, I am sick of winters... I was not born here (born and raised until 15 in the UK), so I never really adapted. Looking forward to being able to spend more than 5 months out of a year outside. Well best of luck with your visa application.

Cheers

Karen
Karen -

We haven't been to Australia before either and won't go prior to getting our visas. We're on the "One Year" plan - that's what we call it with the kids - go for a year and decide if we stay or return to US. If we come back to US - it won't be Wisconsin - we're done with only 6 months of outside weather and short growing seasons (love having a vegetable garden).
Old May 20th 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi! Everyone, how are you all? On holidays, or having your medicals etc;
Where are all the new May applicants? Especially now they have put up the numbers, including for cpv's! Get in touch with us, can we help you? Regards Lin
Old May 20th 2008, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Candy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the rough

Hey Lin I'm still around

Our meds have gone off now - the docs gave us a tracking number but I've no idea how I'm supposed to track them, anyone give me a clue?

I noticed that the dates haven't changed for online applications - still stuck at 10th November. I'm now starting to worry how long this is going to take as I really wanted to be there before the start of the new school year at the end of Jan 09

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.