MAY 2008 APPLICANTS

Old May 22nd 2008, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: MAY 2008 APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by xzibit
I submitted on the 14th, and I've just had an email from some dude at immi asking me to proceed with meds and pccs.

Is he having a laugh?
Hey xzibit!!!! Congrats on getting submitted and welcome to the May Thread...

Originally Posted by leigh-c
just joining the May applicants woohoo now the clock begins too tick
Hi Leigh.....Congrats to you too and welcome to the May Thread.....me thinks the clock does tick a little slower down here in somerset!!
Could do with it being a little faster, just during the Visa process, a bit like Karen there!!! We've frontloaded our police checks, just have medicals to do, but have a 6yr old and 8yr old birthdays/parties coming up so will have to do them after that....

How is everyone else, by the way?? Not been on here for a little while....have had my 19yr old daughter visiting for the last 2 wks, going back tomorrow...

Can you put my name down for one of those lucky 6000's??
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Welcome Leigh
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by memewest

Can you put my name down for one of those lucky 6000's??
What's this about an extra 6000 for June (or May)? I must have missed that post.....

Sure would solve our dilemma's about how to proceed for the fall - school questions, team questions, house rental/sale questions, etc.
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

welcome the the may thread

leigh, looks like there is a few official loners as may applicants too

[QUOTE=tiger222;6381322]What's this about an extra 6000 for June (or May)? I must have missed that post.....

explain some one??? confused and missed this too

doc
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:13 pm

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice

I submitted on the 14th, and I've just had an email from some dude at immi asking me to proceed with meds and pccs.

I think a mate is messing about! I realised when I got home it wasn't from a proper email address, but a free one anyone can set up. To be honest I was a little suspicious anyway, and no way expected a CO yet.
You'll have to see if you can figure out who it was, then wind them up in return. Maybe make out you've spent lots of money - oh, wait...

Still hope I'll be one of the 6000 though!!!
I wouldn't mind being one myself...

Congratulations and welcome. When/where are you hoping to go, and what type of visa have you applied for?
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tiger222
What's this about an extra 6000 for June (or May)? I must have missed that post.....

Sure would solve our dilemma's about how to proceed for the fall - school questions, team questions, house rental/sale questions, etc.

FALL???

Proceed for the fall????

You can predict the future and know that you are going to fall??

Someone said that they have up'd the number of visa grants by another 6000 for this year, think i also remember someone saying that they are also going to open another 3 centres so they can get rid of the backlog of applicants....sounds all good to me!!!
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:22 pm

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tiger222
Originally Posted by docgp
explain some one??? confused and missed this too
The current rumours that I know of are:
  • DIAC need to issue an additional 6,000 visas in/around June (no idea why though)
  • DIAC are going to be opening 3 new processing centres in/around June to deal with the backlog

The only confirmed fact we've got is that there are an additional 31,000 skilled visas available for 2008/2009, but that won't come into affect until July (which isn't that far away, and by the time we've got medicals and police checks done...).
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by schwuk
The current rumours that I know of are:
  • DIAC need to issue an additional 6,000 visas in/around June (no idea why though)
  • DIAC are going to be opening 3 new processing centres in/around June to deal with the backlog

The only confirmed fact we've got is that there are an additional 31,000 skilled visas available for 2008/2009, but that won't come into affect until July (which isn't that far away, and by the time we've got medicals and police checks done...).
i love a good rumour

thanks for the update, sounds good on the 6000 extra visa, some people are going to be very happy soon

so the start of the new visa year is july? how strange?

doc
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

hawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nice

Hi people,

Well, I am officially a May Applicant. I received the ACS result from GoMatilda this morning (thanks Alan et al.) and they have submitted my application today.

Woo-hoo.... Looks like its all go now.... Just need to wait for DIAC to request things and then hopefully get the visa (fingers crossed)

Rick
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Hi people,

Well, I am officially a May Applicant. I received the ACS result from GoMatilda this morning (thanks Alan et al.) and they have submitted my application today.

Woo-hoo.... Looks like its all go now.... Just need to wait for DIAC to request things and then hopefully get the visa (fingers crossed)

Rick
welcome rick

what visa you on?

good luck with everything and enjoy the ride

doc
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

hawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nice

welcome rick

what visa you on?

good luck with everything and enjoy the ride

doc
doc,

I'm going for a 175.

Here's to everyone having a smooth ride...

Rick
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

doc,

I'm going for a 175.

Here's to everyone having a smooth ride...

Rick
i see you updated your signature now

lets hope we all have a smooth ride, looks like sponsored visa's are going quickly but us 175ers are here for the long haul

oh well, it will be worth it

any one having problems accesing the electronic application status page tonight?

doc
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:06 pm

any one having problems accesing the electronic application status page tonight?
Yes. I've been trying to upload the last few items on my checklist all afternoon, but no luck whatsoever.
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schwuk
Yes. I've been trying to upload the last few items on my checklist all afternoon, but no luck whatsoever.
just keep getting server error 500

guess its over their end then and not mine

oh well,

doc
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi people,

Rick

Welcome Rick...... very pleased you could join us!!

We're on a 175 also, with MODL thanks to those guys at the ACS!!

Hopefully things will move along at a faster speed now that the rumour mill has started about more visa grants and more processing centres!!

we'll see won't we??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.