British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   MAY 2008 APPLICANTS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/may-2008-applicants-533742/)

home alone May 1st 2008 11:39 pm

MAY 2008 APPLICANTS

:) Come on you May applicants, are there any yet?

I hope very much to be one!!!!!!!!! Lin :thumbup:

karensoutherden May 2nd 2008 9:49 pm

Re: MAY 2008 APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by home alone (Post 6296029)

:thumbsup:GOOD LUCK:thumbsup:

memewest May 2nd 2008 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by home alone (Post 6296029)

Hi Lin.....wanted to try and be an April applicant but nobody would stop time for me!!!:thumbdown:
So, gonna finalize our application this weekend and will then be a bonafide May 08 Applicant.....:thumbsup:
When do you expect to have yours done??

home alone May 3rd 2008 4:05 am

:) Hi! Thanks for the :thumbsup: wishes. We have an agent!!!!!!! Started with them in January, completed all paperwork in February, told all was in ok, then he asked for extra, from my daughter? which luckily, we had ready for centrelink, handed application in on March 10th, email on April 8th, saying that they were going to forward it onto Perth Immi; If email correct, it's got to be May. (After reading on expats, no agent, sent in own, received ack, quiet quickly after, I have asked myself a thousand times, agent - why?) We are in the 'south' too! Good luck with all yours Regards Lin

memewest May 3rd 2008 7:26 am

Originally Posted by home alone (Post 6301297)
:) Hi! Thanks for the :thumbsup: wishes. We have an agent!!!!!!! Started with them in January, completed all paperwork in February, told all was in ok, then he asked for extra, from my daughter? which luckily, we had ready for centrelink, handed application in on March 10th, email on April 8th, saying that they were going to forward it onto Perth Immi; If email correct, it's got to be May. (After reading on expats, no agent, sent in own, received ack, quiet quickly after, I have asked myself a thousand times, agent - why?) We are in the 'south' too! Good luck with all yours Regards Lin

So have your agents sent a paper application??
I just have my OH to nag today to get it finished...:lol: he's my hold up!!:rofl:
Whereabouts in the 'south' are you?? and where in Oz to you intend to root down??;)

home alone May 3rd 2008 8:09 pm

:) Hi! Our agent doesn't really give us any details, he says he is a very careful man? wish we had Alan Collett or George Lomabard, (picked by my daughter, who, she thought would be best!!!!!!!!!) Many threads say we are ok, but our 'chosen man' is treading a fine line. We lived in Southampton for many years. although my OH, is from Devon, last year we moved much further South than you. (sister-in-law lives in Weston-S-M, N/Somerset). Being a bit careful, because we haven't told everyone of our plans, especially, OH's 1st wife, they have been divorced 16 years, before me, but she keeps following us, moving 'across' the road etc;? We are moving to Bunbury, 2 hours from Perth; Son and family, (with grandson, who has leukemia) have lived there for 12 years, my daughter moved 2 years ago with her family. How about you? Regards Lin

camacazi May 3rd 2008 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by home alone (Post 6303546)
:) Hi! Our agent doesn't really give us any details, he says he is a very careful man? wish we had Alan Collett or George Lomabard, (picked by my daughter, who, she thought would be best!!!!!!!!!) Many threads say we are ok, but our 'chosen man' is treading a fine line. We lived in Southampton for many years. although my OH, is from Devon, last year we moved much further South than you. (sister-in-law lives in Weston-S-M, N/Somerset). Being a bit careful, because we haven't told everyone of our plans, especially, OH's 1st wife, they have been divorced 16 years, before me, but she keeps following us, moving 'across' the road etc;? We are moving to Bunbury, 2 hours from Perth; Son and family, (with grandson, who has leukemia) have lived there for 12 years, my daughter moved 2 years ago with her family. How about you? Regards Lin

hi all

hopefully we'll be may applicants as well!
oh just passed vetassess this week so gonna give agent a buzz on monday to get crackin:thumbsup:

memewest May 3rd 2008 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by home alone (Post 6303546)

Hi Lin, I don't really know anything about any agents, we're going it alone!:eek: As long as 'he' is MARA registered, am sure you'll be fine...
We only told my side of the family last week after we had passed the skills assessment, so totally know how your feeling about not having told all the family, OH's family have known for longer..to my surprise, everyone is fine about it and said that it's no surprise...

Whats with the Ex-wife then??:sneaky: can she not 'let go'?

My OH's bruv lives in Newcastle, NSW, with his Aussie wife and 4mth old daughter, and there is a great possibilty of my OH getting IT work there so will look for somewhere around that region. Just myself, OH, and 2 kids, Elizabeth, 7yrs and James 5yrs....I have 2 older daughters from my first marriage who are not coming, one of whom made me a grandma 8wks ago...gorgeous grandson, Jak. :wub:

So sorry to hear that your grandson is fighting leukemia, how's he getting on with his treatment??

What sort of Visa have you applied for?? We are applying for the 175PR...

We live just on the edge of Exmoor, on the Devon/Somerset Border, but both myself and OH are from Devon originally, been here over 6yrs now....lovely part of the country...

I'm still waiting for my OH to finish his part in the application form and then we can submit it.....finally...:lol:

memewest May 3rd 2008 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by camacazi (Post 6303619)
hi all

hopefully we'll be may applicants as well!
oh just passed vetassess this week so gonna give agent a buzz on monday to get crackin:thumbsup:

Hi Camacazi......:thumbsup:

We're going to be 175PR applicants...(when my OH pulls his fingers out!!:rofl:)...How's about you??

camacazi May 3rd 2008 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by memewest (Post 6303629)
Hi Camacazi......:thumbsup:

We're going to be 175PR applicants...(when my OH pulls his fingers out!!:rofl:)...How's about you??

hi

haven't a clue what number or anything our visa is:o i just know it's a skilled visa ( must find that out:o)
we're hoping to go to sunshine coast. me, oh alana 7 and matthew 5

CYGNET May 3rd 2008 9:00 pm

Hi Guys
We've just submitted our application for the 175 online this evening. I can't believe it. All the months of gathering paperwork & it all on it's way now. :D
We spent 4 hours on the PC this evening attaching documents & double checking everything. Now we can relax & enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday weekend. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

memewest May 3rd 2008 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by camacazi (Post 6303644)
hi

haven't a clue what number or anything our visa is:o i just know it's a skilled visa ( must find that out:o)
we're hoping to go to sunshine coast. me, oh alana 7 and matthew 5

Cool, we have kids the same age and sexes.....have you told them anything about your plans for Oz?? We say little things every now and then to plant the seed, so to speak, but not actually told them outright...

Originally Posted by CYGNET (Post 6303657)
Hi Guys
We've just submitted our application for the 175 online this evening. I can't believe it. All the months of gathering paperwork & it all on it's way now. :D
We spent 4 hours on the PC this evening attaching documents & double checking everything. Now we can relax & enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday weekend. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Man i'm a little envious of you guys!!! though that does deserve a drink!! :beer:
I've still got a little more nagging to do and then we should be submitting tomorrow and uploading during the week...:thumbsup:

Have any of you frontloaded PCC's and Meds??

We've got PCC's done and will load them with application, will try and arrange meds asap i think...

CYGNET May 3rd 2008 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by memewest (Post 6303669)
Cool, we have kids the same age and sexes.....have you told them anything about your plans for Oz?? We say little things every now and then to plant the seed, so to speak, but not actually told them outright...

Man i'm a little envious of you guys!!! though that does deserve a drink!! :beer:
I've still got a little more nagging to do and then we should be submitting tomorrow and uploading during the week...:thumbsup:

We've got PCC's done and will load them with application, will try and arrange meds asap i think...

NO, Not that organised I'm afraid.
We're off on Holidays on Friday for a couple of Weeks, will organise Meds & PCC when we get back.
Good luck with the application, we had a few scary moments attaching the docs, but got there in the end !!

camacazi May 3rd 2008 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by memewest (Post 6303669)

yeah they know about oz, matthew is fine about whole thing, don't think he realizes whats happening, i think hr thinks it's gonna be a big holiday:eek:
alana is very different,she has a wee cry every now and then and i feel so bad. i was just thinking yesterday...am i ruining this childs life? and will she hate it and hold it against me forever? i think most of the problem is we are not planning on taking the dog and alana is her "mummy" but i'm sorry £3000 is a lot to take a dog over, and saying that she prob wouldn't pass vet tests as she's a wee fattie since getting the snip!!

camacazi May 3rd 2008 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by CYGNET (Post 6303698)
NO, Not that organised I'm afraid.
We're off on Holidays on Friday for a couple of Weeks, will organise Meds & PCC when we get back.
Good luck with the application, we had a few scary moments attaching the docs, but got there in the end !!

hi cygnet, how r u?
can u believe this time last week we were freakin out over waiting for our vetassess results :rofl: