Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Sep 24th 2004, 12:54 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by Bix
Begs the question on which design though....what do you think ?

Depends if you want traditional or modern. Traditional might be a quick trim to tidy up the edges, or maybe a neat pyramid shape. Modern could involve heart shapes or intricate patterning.

Of course, there is always an argument for complete removal of all undergrowth. I believe they adopt this method in brazil.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 12:55 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Think we embarrassed her too much....she's not lurking anymore.
Who? Me? I'm here.

Embarrassed. As if.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 12:57 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Who? Me? I'm here.

Embarrassed. As if.
No Simone.

Mmmm......I think I fancy the total job for a change.........it will grow back quickly enough.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 12:58 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bix
No Simone.

Mmmm......I think I fancy the total job for a change.........it will grow back quickly enough.

Oh, Simone. Was she here? I missed her.

Yes, a total job may be interesting to start off with, but the novelty wears off when the grow back starts. Stubble can be terribly itchy if your skin comes into contact with it. These things are important considerations when choosing the best method of undergrowth removal.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 1:00 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm.....think again then.
Can't afford to irritate or damage my bone.
The don't grow on trees you know.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 1:02 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bix
Mmmm.....think again then.
Can't afford to irritate or damage my bone.
The don't grow on trees you know.

No, I believe a bone is of animal origin, not vegetable. You're quite right there. And since each is unique, each is somewhat irreplacable, so one should take appropriate care of it in order to ensure that it is always at its best.

Of course, the undergrowth can always been shaped into a landing strip to make navigation towards the cave easier.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 1:04 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Good points.
Do you know I also heard that some are put into thin rubber socks to protect them ?
Old Sep 24th 2004, 1:05 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bix
Good points.
Do you know I also heard that some are put into thin rubber socks to protect them ?

Sounds wise to me....always a good idea to use protection. Are these plain rubber socks?
Old Sep 24th 2004, 1:05 am
Bix
da Bonehead

I see you lurking again Simone
Old Sep 24th 2004, 1:07 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Well apparently they come in all sorts of shapes and sizes to match your bone.

I also heard you can get different colours.

I think that must depend where you are in the world. Probably different shades to cope with the suns UV rays or something.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 1:09 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bix
Well apparently they come in all sorts of shapes and sizes to match your bone.

I also heard you can get different colours.

I think that must depend where you are in the world. Probably different shades to cope with the suns UV rays or something.

Ahhhhh....this makes sense. And perhaps different textures depending on shape of the bone and the cave.

I heard a rumour about flavoured ones too, presumably to attract - or distract - predators.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 1:10 am
Bix
da Bonehead

She's gone again......you don't think she's passing out do you ?
Old Sep 24th 2004, 1:11 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bix
She's gone again......you don't think she's passing out do you ?

Swooning? Maybe. She might be practising for when G returns.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 1:11 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Well it's not something I fancy doing but I guess rubber would taste pretty gruesome without flavouring.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 1:12 am
Bix
da Bonehead

BTW - what page are we on ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.