Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by dbickle
I don't know, it certainly sounds fishy to me. So any way, how are things up in ME at the moment? I think the furthest north I've been in the US is CT, although my fiance is talking about us moving up to NH after we get married.
NH...nice....tax free...very handy, ok, taxed through your nose on property, but least there ain't a sales tax
You should check out new england, ain't such a bad place, make a weekends drive of it
Maine ain't bad, starting to get cold though...and the tourist's still ain't buggering off *l*
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

never got the facination of watching leaves change colour and fall...pain in the arse to clear I say, and if they wanna watch it, they can clean up after
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

So what you planning on doing once u get statebound?
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:30 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
So what you planning on doing once u get statebound?
Well I'm looking to start a graduate position as a civil/environmental engineer as soon as I can get EAD. But at the moment I'm confined to carrying on my wedding plans as normal and waiting to hear from my attorney about what is happening with my visa.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Well I'm looking to start a graduate position as a civil/environmental engineer as soon as I can get EAD. But at the moment I'm confined to carrying on my wedding plans as normal and waiting to hear from my attorney about what is happening with my visa.
Environmental engineer, that's cool
and you went and used a solicitor huh? How that working for you?
And you having friends and the like come over for the event?
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:37 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Environmental engineer, that's cool
and you went and used a solicitor huh? How that working for you?
And you having friends and the like come over for the event?
Our attorney seems nice enough and we showed her so much proof of our relationship that she said it would be such an easy case that she would give it to one of her paralegals. And a lot of my friends and family are looking forward to coming over for the wedding itself and are planning to spend a few days in NYC after the wedding.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Our attorney seems nice enough and we showed her so much proof of our relationship that she said it would be such an easy case that she would give it to one of her paralegals. And a lot of my friends and family are looking forward to coming over for the wedding itself and are planning to spend a few days in NYC after the wedding.
That's cool
We didn't bother with a solicitor, mainly the expense, but at times, would have been handy
And your lucky so many are making it over only had a couple mates, and one of them was in san fran already...another in virginia was going to come until he realised it was a 22 hr drive, straight *l* Sister couldn't get the time off, and was out in bankok, and my mother was trying to get to Japan at the same time, one of her sisters isn't doing to well...but then she's lived hell of a lot longer than the doc's said she would
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:47 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

Originally Posted by Bob
That's cool
We didn't bother with a solicitor, mainly the expense, but at times, would have been handy
And your lucky so many are making it over only had a couple mates, and one of them was in san fran already...another in virginia was going to come until he realised it was a 22 hr drive, straight *l* Sister couldn't get the time off, and was out in bankok, and my mother was trying to get to Japan at the same time, one of her sisters isn't doing to well...but then she's lived hell of a lot longer than the doc's said she would
Well I'll see how many of them actually turn up for the wedding, as promises don't mean anything until they are fulfilled.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Well I'll see how many of them actually turn up for the wedding, as promises don't mean anything until they are fulfilled.
That's very true, i know I had more mates planning on coming than actually did that's for sure *l*
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 1:03 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

Originally Posted by Bob
That's very true, i know I had more mates planning on coming than actually did that's for sure *l*
Well I'm waiting to get my visa before we start sending out the invites, so I guess I won't know until I recieve replies that I'll know for sure. But many of them have never been to the USA before and are looking at my wedding as an opportunity to visit the place, so I think a lot of them will come, even if it is just for curiousity. Plus I told them all it is going to be an open bar, so if all else fails, then that will give them and excuse to come over.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 1:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Well I'm waiting to get my visa before we start sending out the invites, so I guess I won't know until I recieve replies that I'll know for sure. But many of them have never been to the USA before and are looking at my wedding as an opportunity to visit the place, so I think a lot of them will come, even if it is just for curiousity. Plus I told them all it is going to be an open bar, so if all else fails, then that will give them and excuse to come over.
Open bars a good plan
Yeah, we had everything postponed first time around, visa taking a lot longer than expected, didn't and then got it like the day before the date, which was too late, as we'd postponed a few weeks before at the time, but such is life, did mean that the two mates that did come, were able to make it though, but then three others couldn't make the new date, oh well
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 1:22 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

Originally Posted by Bob
Open bars a good plan
Yeah, we had everything postponed first time around, visa taking a lot longer than expected, didn't and then got it like the day before the date, which was too late, as we'd postponed a few weeks before at the time, but such is life, did mean that the two mates that did come, were able to make it though, but then three others couldn't make the new date, oh well
Sorry to hear that. My wedding is in the middle of April and I'm waiting for NOA2 from Vermont at the moment, so hopefully everything will be ready long before the wedding date. But saying that, I'll be in the US in November to discuss some of the arrangements with the priest, so I may call in and see my attorney and find out what is going on.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 1:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Sorry to hear that. My wedding is in the middle of April and I'm waiting for NOA2 from Vermont at the moment...
Should be plenty of time then
So going for the big church do?
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 1:34 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

Originally Posted by Bob
Should be plenty of time then
So going for the big church do?
Hell yeah, will be about 100 people on the bride's side, and maybe 15 on the groom's side (if i'm lucky). But the free bar might entice them, most of them from my side are Geordies after all.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 1:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Hell yeah, will be about 100 people on the bride's side, and maybe 15 on the groom's side (if i'm lucky). But the free bar might entice them, most of them from my side are Geordies after all.
Hehe...yeah, probably swim across an' all
So where ya going on honeymoon or not decided yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.