Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Legal Same-Sex Marriage coming to Australia?

Wikiposts

Legal Same-Sex Marriage coming to Australia?

Old Dec 4th 2011, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Legal Same-Sex Marriage coming to Australia?

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
A bit like saying stoning is no longer acceptable you mean? Just because it's been practiced in the past doesn't mean it's right for the future

Who's talking about Islam? Countries that practice Islam are even more backward than the churches of the western world
We have Islam in Australia, or is this law only to be imposed on the Christian churches?
Old Dec 4th 2011, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
Except as I've said they'd probably get an exemption from anti discrimination law just like they do now.
Maybe, maybe not.
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
We have Islam in Australia, or is this law only to be imposed on the Christian churches?
Sssshhhh - don't mention the poor 'Islams'.
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Unlike yourself of course... who KNOWS that your way is the right way. Just because you think it's 'right' doesn't mean it is either.
Ahh so we agree on something

I don't think it's my right at all. What I do think however is that the people should choose and if the poll you did is anything to go by then hopefully common sense will prevail

viva equal ops....down with stuck in the mud judgmental religion
Old Dec 4th 2011, 7:48 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Australian law applies to Australia does it not
Old Dec 4th 2011, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

I think you might find they are. Except religion seems to take a high and mighty approach and get away with it

Hypocrits and judgmental biggots, that's religion for ya
All the billions of people who claim to follow a faith are "Hypocrits and judgmental biggots". That's pushing a bit
Old Dec 4th 2011, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

Australian law applies to Australia does it not
When it comes to forcing the Islamic Faith to follow a law that they don't want I'll let you go first.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

Ahh so we agree on something

I don't think it's my right at all. What I do think however is that the people should choose and if the poll you did is anything to go by then hopefully common sense will prevail

viva equal ops....down with stuck in the mud judgmental religion
Poll was about 60/40 when I looked earlier. Not as overwhelming as you might expect.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
You missed out 'hypocritical' in there.

Originally Posted by bcworld
Except as I've said they'd probably get an exemption from anti discrimination law just like they do now.
Why should they?

All the billions of people who claim to follow a faith are "Hypocrits and judgmental biggots". That's pushing a bit
I said religion is hypocritical, judgmental and biggoted
Old Dec 4th 2011, 7:53 pm

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Poll was about 60/40 when I looked earlier. Not as overwhelming as you might expect.
Gillard would have been happy with that majority.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 7:55 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

It's almost exactly the same as the opinion polls show so shouldn't come as much of a surprise.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 7:55 pm

Still a win

Shows a shift in people being more compassionate, kind and caring and accepting of others regardless as to sexual preferance. Shows people generally believe we all should have equal rights

Thank god for a reduction in religion and an increase in compassion

oopsie...pardon the pun
Old Dec 4th 2011, 7:59 pm

When it comes to forcing the Islamic Faith to follow a law that they don't want I'll let you go first.
Not sure why you see this as either of our fight?

I'd be pleased as monkey nuts if all religion was banned and equal opportunities prevailed but I've more chance of growing monkey nuts
Old Dec 4th 2011, 8:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sheene
Gillard would have been happy with that majority.
Any politician would, but it's not as massive a majority as I would have expected... and it's not even close to the levels where it becomes acceptable to start forcing legal impositions on peoples religious beliefs. That's been a recipe for persecution throughout the centuries.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

Not sure why you see this as either of our fight?

I'd be pleased as monkey nuts if all religion was banned and equal opportunities prevailed but I've more chance of growing monkey nuts
I don't... but you should know by now that I'm always happy to provide the counterpoint to any discussion.

Time for me to sign off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.