Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Legal Same-Sex Marriage coming to Australia?

Legal Same-Sex Marriage coming to Australia?

Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:11 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal Same-Sex Marriage coming to Australia?

Originally Posted by Bix
Are homo sapiens the only creatures that have homos and lesbians or is it evolutionary from a fish or something?
is this a trick question

worms are male and female does that count
Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:12 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Are homo sapiens the only creatures that have homos and lesbians or is it evolutionary from a fish or something?
I'm pretty sure there are gay Giraffes, I'm sure I saw a couple holding hands at the Mardi Gras.
Oh & Flamingoes they just look all camp in pink.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
The church has a lot to answer for no wonder people no longer engage with its outdated thousands of years old teachings
Actually I've spoken to a few people who have given up on the Church of England because it has become more homo friendly. I'm not a church goer myself but these people felt they were being pushed of the church because their beliefs were becoming incompatible with those running the church.
I think this issue should not be left to the pollies. Because the views of both sides are too far apart it should go to a referendum to decide. All the polls suggest my views are in the minority so the result would seem to be a foregone conclusion.
However I somehow believe the polls are not telling the truth.

But what do I know I'm 90 years old and smell of wee.

Keel
Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:15 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yes, Gillard has only pushed for a conscience vote knowing full well that it will fail because the Liberals and the Labour Left won't support it. This isn't official Labour party policy - even JG herself doesn't support it, so it will ultimately end up being a complete waste of time and money, and will be very unlikely to develop any basis in law. This is a double win for JG though - She declares it a conscience vote, and when it's defeated she can just shrug it off as not being party policy.

The aspect of a conscience vote that irritates me is exactly as Slap describes - The vote should pass to the regards of the constituents, not the conscience of the individual MP. In reality, your wishes come third in line after the MP's respective party, and then their views on a conscience vote. And yet, strangely they are meant to be there representing us.

If Tony Abbot really wants to get one over on JG, then he should really instruct the liberal party to vote for it, while highlighting how it is JG that is against it. He would gain massive support, and can placate his right wing followers that this was all Labour's idea. But given the far right leaning of the LNP supporter base, I can't see that happening. This is nothing but playing politics to maintain the status quo.

S
From who?
Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:15 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
is this a trick question

worms are male and female does that count
That sounds more like a push me pull me relationship
Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:17 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keel
Actually I've spoken to a few people who have given up on the Church of England because it has become more homo friendly. I'm not a church goer myself but these people felt they were being pushed of the church because their beliefs were becoming incompatible with those running the church.
I think this issue should not be left to the pollies. Because the views of both sides are too far apart it should go to a referendum to decide. All the polls suggest my views are in the minority so the result would seem to be a foregone conclusion.
However I somehow believe the polls are not telling the truth.

But what do I know I'm 90 years old and smell of wee.

Keel
Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Bix
That sounds more like a push me pull me relationship
are you saying worms are into bondage
Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:18 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
From who?
Loggers?
Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:20 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Loggers?
Barsteward I'm whistling that tune now
Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:21 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by cresta57
Me too
Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:21 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK.........."
Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:35 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
From who?

All the people that the polls suggest support it.

This could be his big moment to demonstrate that he isn't a right wing religious homophobe.

I think going along with this could really boost his popularity. Whether he has the gumption to see that though, is another matter entirely...

S
Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:54 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Homosexual animals: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex...ior_in_animals

Old Dec 4th 2011, 10:00 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
I'm in a same-sex marriage. We have the same old sex, first Saturday of every month. I hadn't realised I was committing a criminal offence..
Old Dec 4th 2011, 11:00 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
I'd rather be a hip, liberated, stylish gun slinging metrosexual. If someone coins a term less stuffy and old hat than marriage then I'll be envious. Calling it something else just reiterates outdated homophobia and prejudice. So, on that basis there's a good chance the Aussies will label it 'queer union' or 'bender partnerships'
So what does your husband have to say about it then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.